As of this morning, my charge is still pending and Apple has not shipped my iPad...
    04-26-2010 05:42 AM
    Perhaps the "Priority" shipping upgrade means Apple can wait until April 29th to ship. Heh.
    04-26-2010 08:08 AM
    I seriously can't believe they haven't started shipping yet. Crazy.
    04-26-2010 10:03 AM
    Yes i agree...this is interesting...I am sure with the hype around the promise to arrive on the 30th, I am sure they know what they are doing. I did figure by now we would have seen a "prepaired for Shipment" by now.
    04-26-2010 10:16 AM
    Maybe they have them at a warehouse here in the US. I am looking so forward to my new toy!
    04-26-2010 10:19 AM
    Mine got charged the other day too. Wife noticed it before I did..lol

Only downside of living in Alaska: Will it actually make it here on *the* day!?
    Phones are delivered to FedEx under an agreement that FedEx will deliver them in all fifty states on the scheduled date. I think that you are safe.
    04-26-2010 10:56 AM
    If Santa can do it, Apple and FedEx can too. Changed my shipping from home to work since I can't guarantee my wife will be at home or picking up the kids from school. Got immediately charged the tax difference, so now I'm fully charged for the iPad+3G. It's just a waiting game to Friday now...
    04-26-2010 11:33 AM
    If Santa can do it, Apple and FedEx can too. Changed my shipping from home to work since I can't guarantee my wife will be at home or picking up the kids from school. Got immediately charged the tax difference, so now I'm fully charged for the iPad+3G. It's just a waiting game to Friday now...
    I have heard and also read that it is not a good idea to change shipping address with pre orders. Something about how it gets placed in as a new order and you end up on the bottom of the list. Even if you were an early pre orderer...
    04-26-2010 11:48 AM
    Did anyone else who had their charge removed over the weekend get charged again yet? I'm vaguely concerned that something is wrong, and knowing that other people are having the same issue would calm my nerves.
    04-26-2010 11:55 AM
    Did anyone else who had their charge removed over the weekend get charged again yet? I'm vaguely concerned that something is wrong, and knowing that other people are having the same issue would calm my nerves.
    For what it's worth, I know my debit card was charged at the end of last week because my credit union called to verify the charge (since it was unusually large and outside my normal buying patterns). Since that time, I still haven't seen the charge appear on my account, so I'm just patiently waiting, just like you.
    04-26-2010 12:35 PM
    Charges hit my account also today, I also called Apple because i couldn't check on the status and I was told all shipments will hit on Friday, and they are coming from the US, as opposed to the cases which were sent from China. I assume the tracking emails will come shortly. Fingers are crossed.
    04-26-2010 01:10 PM
    OK, Everybody just needs to relax, the WiFi iPads were delivered on time, no reason to think these won't be.

Tomorrow morning we should all wake up to emails of shipping conformation, and you won't be able to track your package immediately, you will have to
    wait to the next day for tracking to update.

Of course, you could go wait on the porch now, bring some snacks

Apple and Fedex know what they are doing and will come thru, on time

As for those checking there online bank card every 5 minutes, go wait on the porch

Everybody needs to just calm down, HANG IN THERE BABY - FRIDAYS COMING
    04-26-2010 01:45 PM
    I was getting nervous as my CC has not been charged and I've received no shipping notice. I need the iPad this weekend for a trip next week. I was an early orderer and got my confirmation of "late April" delivery, so thought I should have heard something to confirm a 4/30 delivery.

I called Apple just now. A very efficient young lady looked up my order and said, no, it has been shipped, and no, my CC hasn't been billed yet, but it WILL be there on Friday. She said some of the iPads (including mine) are being shipped from within the US, so they require less lead time.

Hope she's right!
    04-26-2010 01:47 PM
    Man, I'm going absolutely NUTS waiting. Horrible, horrible torture.

I finally forced myself to stop reading iPad blogs, app reviews, etc. That was making it worse.

To top matters off, my parents, who just roll their eyes at my tech addition and are sick of hearing me describe the torture, actually WON an WiFi iPad from some radio contest. I went over there yesterday for dinner and my dad pulls out his iPad. I about had to go change my pants. He says, "Funny thing is, we got ours before you did."

Omg...TORTURE!!! At least I get to play with theirs, that helps a tiny bit.
    Last edited by VLennert; 04-26-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    04-26-2010 02:06 PM

I finally forced myself to stop reading iPad blogs, app reviews, etc. That was making it worse.

To top matters off, my parents, who just roll their eyes at my tech addition and are sick of hearing me describe the torture, actually WON an WiFi iPad from some radio contest. I went over there yesterday for dinner and my dad pulls out his iPad. I about had to go change my pants. He says, "Funny thing is, we got ours before you did."

God damn it, that always happens to me. I want something so bad and then someone who doesn't care about it WINS one and flaunts it in front of me...
    haha
    04-26-2010 02:15 PM

The techno gods are laughing at you. Sheesh! You just described my kind of luck. As I've wished the past few weeks to fly by in a flash, I feel a little guilty that I'm wishing for precious moments of MY LIFE to speed by so I can get my hands on an iPad. This "i" illness knows no bounds!
    04-26-2010 03:15 PM
    Yup, pending charge for $870.45, for the 64GB 3G model. Come on Friday!
    04-26-2010 03:28 PM
    Does anyone have "Prepared for Shipment" on their 3G iPad order status yet? I am still waiting, watching...
    04-26-2010 05:37 PM
    Mine still says that it is shipping in late April, the charge has been pending on my account since 04/21/2010. I will feel so much better once it says it is bein prepared for shipment! Come on Apple!
    04-26-2010 08:13 PM
    Mine still says that it is shipping in late April, the charge has been pending on my account since 04/21/2010. I will feel so much better once it says it is bein prepared for shipment! Come on Apple!
    Just checked. No charge yet.
    04-26-2010 10:31 PM
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one waiting for them to "prepare my order for shipment". I've been checking religiously!
    04-26-2010 11:25 PM
    Well, the pending charge has been removed from my checking card. I wonder what is up with this. Only 3 days lft until the 30th.
    04-27-2010 05:48 AM
    Crazy stuff going on with my charges this morning. I split the amount between my debit and credit cards. Debit had been charged several days ago, and this morning the amount has been credited again. The credit card portion never had been charged, but I could tell the card had been checked because the available balance was reduced by the amount of the charge. Now this morning the available balance is back up to the pre-ipad order amount. In one sense it's encouraging there's some activity. On the other hand it's a step back.

Also, saw in a Twitter search today a report that someone called Apple and was told the 3Gs are in the states. They won't ship from China, which could explain why it might go right down to the wire on shipping status -- could ship Thursday and still arrive Friday.
    04-27-2010 08:07 AM
    I don't think you will see a final charge until the order ships, because they can't actually charge you before the package is in transit. I have ordered 6 accessories and all have shipped seperately. Each one didn't hit my account until after it was in the air, so I think watching the bank account is gonna be a waste of time. The "pending" charges will come and go.... Until you see a shipment notification, I wouldn't get too excited or scared.
    04-27-2010 09:00 AM
    I don't think you will see a final charge until the order ships, because they can't actually charge you before the package is in transit. I have ordered 6 accessories and all have shipped seperately. Each one didn't hit my account until after it was in the air, so I think watching the bank account is gonna be a waste of time. The "pending" charges will come and go.... Until you see a shipment notification, I wouldn't get too excited or scared.
    Perhaps. However, even FedEx can do only so much magic. If they have not shipped yet.........?
    04-27-2010 11:47 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD