Any iPad owners out there using iPad-compatible SCOTTEVEST clothing and care to comment about it? I'm possibly interested in a vest or jacket with the iPad pocket. Thanks in advance!
    04-19-2010 01:36 PM
    I have one and really like it. I just ordered the windbreaker too. The ipad fits in it fine if it's size medium or larger.
    04-19-2010 03:52 PM
    Wonder if you can see the big square when you put it in there?
    04-19-2010 03:57 PM
    Guys, guys, guys. Just have the lady in your life sew a little pocket inside one of your existing jackets or vests.

No lady in your life? Just about every dry cleaning establishment has a seamstress on the premises. Walk in, show them your jacket/vest/coat and ask them to sew in a pocket. They'll prolly do it for you for like 10 bucks.

ALOT cheaper.
    04-19-2010 03:58 PM
    atta girl....
    04-19-2010 04:24 PM
    Guys, guys, guys. Just have the lady in your life sew a little pocket inside one of your existing jackets or vests.

No lady in your life? Just about every dry cleaning establishment has a seamstress on the premises. Walk in, show them your jacket/vest/coat and ask them to sew in a pocket. They'll prolly do it for you for like 10 bucks.

ALOT cheaper.
    We are posting on an iPhone and iPad forum... I mean really, what are the chances we have a lady in our lives that would put up with this?? I kid, I kid!

You do propose a good, inexpensive solution for some home-grown pockets, but there are a couple things that I suggest are worth consideration:
    1) liability - seems to me that if there is a "wardrobe malfunction" resulting in damage or destruction of your precious iPad, it would be far easier to pin it on SCOTTEVEST than try to recover from your local dry cleaner or the leading lady in your life;
    2) the vest! I don't have a nifty-cool vest jacket in my current wardrobe, so buying a SCOTTEVEST fitted with pockets galore may be a better option.
    04-19-2010 05:24 PM
    I can't believe that not one man said "what makes you think we can't do the sewing ourselves?"! What is wrong with you men? Stand up for yourselves.

And remember that a bottle of Mighty Mendit and a roll of duct tape can do a much better job than a sewing machine!
    04-19-2010 07:20 PM
    I can't believe that not one man said "what makes you think we can't do the sewing ourselves?"!
    Cause they can't?

And Bri, I gotcha. It is alot easier, but alot more expensive. If you go to a seamstress out of the phone book or in a dry cleaners, there is seriously no more risk of a pocket malfunction than buying from these schmucks...

In fact, I'm going to be making myself my own case/cover. I just need the stupid thing in my hands to get the measurements, etc.
    04-19-2010 09:14 PM
    Cause they can't?

And Bri, I gotcha. It is alot easier, but alot more expensive. If you go to a seamstress out of the phone book or in a dry cleaners, there is seriously no more risk of a pocket malfunction than buying from these schmucks...

In fact, I'm going to be making myself my own case/cover. I just need the stupid thing in my hands to get the measurements, etc.
    Making one yourself, eh? You just might find a market here if you want to get in the iPad case-making-selling business
    04-20-2010 02:15 AM
    I wouldn't trust anything "homemade" or "after-market" as much a ScotteVest. It's this Florida heat that held me back. Whenever I replace my iPad, I may get a ScotteVest polo-style shirt for a less bulky look and feel.
    04-22-2010 06:54 PM
    I wouldn't trust anything "homemade" or "after-market" as much a ScotteVest. It's this Florida heat that held me back. Whenever I replace my iPad, I may get a ScotteVest polo-style shirt for a less bulky look and feel.
    "Replace" your iPad? What happened??
    04-22-2010 07:00 PM
    "Replace" your iPad? What happened??
    Sold it. :o
    04-25-2010 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD