New 3G Shipping Date

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine was charged this morning as well.

This is my second time actually. They charged me once way back in March, getting my hopes up that they were shipping the 3G model early, and then credited the amount back to my card. Never was I so disappointed to be refunded $880! I'm glad that I know it will stick this time.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The iPhone has become such an integral part of my life that I'm compelled to have the iPad -- I know that it, too, will be used often on a daily basis, sometimes supplanting my iPhone use and ultimately enhancing my experience.
I ordered the Apple iPad case. However, as a frequent conference speaker, I have lots of "cases," some quite elegant, if not precious. This morning I identified four that I am looking forward to using for my iPad. A week from tomorrow.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
My charge just appeared also -- $880 + part of my soul to Apple = iPad bliss ;)
I get to pay with "Apple dollars." In fact, the value of my little bit of Apple stock has gone up more than enough just this week to pay for my iPad.

Last edited:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I get to pay with "Apple dollars." In fact, the value of my little bit of Apple stock has gone up more than enough just this week to pay for my iPad.

OOOH! I wish I had some Apple dollars. I paid for mine with eBay dollars. Basically, unused gadgets and other stuff in my possession that were serving no purpose. They quickly all started looking like iPads to me ;)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
OOOH! I wish I had some Apple dollars. I paid for mine with eBay dollars. Basically, unused gadgets and other stuff in my possession that were serving no purpose. They quickly all started looking like iPads to me ;)
lol Wish I had thought of that.

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I got a survey from Apple recently about my experience purchasing an iPad. After I detailed my not-so-good experience with ordering/purchasing an iPad and the run around all the customer service people gave me both online and in person, I hit submit and felt better that at least SOMEONE would know I was ticked off.

However, this morning I got a voicemail AND an email from someone at Apple wanting to talk to me about my survey response. Just called her back, but she didn't answer so I left a message.

Hmmm. Cool. Better response than even I expected, and I'm a stinker for good customer service.

You think I can get something free out of it? lol :p

Last edited:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Interesting. I got a survey from Apple recently about my experience purchasing an iPad. After I detailed my not-so-good experience with ordering/purchasing an iPad and the run around all the customer service people gave me both online and in person, I hit submit and felt better that at least SOMEONE would know I was ticked off.

However, this morning I got a voicemail AND an email from someone at Apple wanting to talk to me about my survey response. Just called her back, but she didn't answer so I left a message.

Hmmm. Cool. Better response than even I expected, and I'm a stinker for good customer service.

I say, go for a free iPad! :D

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Interesting. I take that as evidence that they are trying.

Sometimes success is difficult to manage. The announcement of the IBM/360 resulted in a surge of orders for configurations that would not even work, much less meet the customer's needs. People just wanted an early order date. However, the plants were using those bad orders to decide what to build.

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I had a long chat with the Apple lady. She profusely apologized for all the run around I got and said they will work to improve the issues I experienced, which are documented.

Oh, and she is sending me a free case for my trouble ;)

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Well, I had a long chat with the Apple lady. She profusely apologized for all the run around I got and said they will work to improve the issues I experienced, which are documented.

Oh, and she is sending me a free case for my trouble ;)

Nice score on the free case! Although now we know they are overpriced and they don't have much overhead in them. hahaha. But still --- good for you! :D

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Exactly one week from today my new iPad 3G should be arriving at work and I'll want badly to take the rest of the day off. ;)
I actually am taking the day off!

Well, I had it off anyway (I'm on a 9/80 schedule), but even if I hadn't I still would have taken it off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro