New 3G Shipping Date

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Well, I guess if you're going to use "late April", you might as well use the whole month. Sheesh.
Technically they only promised that it would ship by late April, so they could have shipped them on April 30th and kept their promise. Instead, you'll actually have it in your hands on April 30th. That's better, right?

But yeah, whenever Apple says late XXXX, they typically mean the last day of the month.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Official link is [URL="https://www.apple.com/newsroom/error.html#mn_p]here[/URL].
I was to have been in London 4/23-29. Was afraid that I might miss THE date. Trip is off but I would have been back in time. London meeting will take place in NYC in May. Will have the iPad for the meeting. I will report on how many other iPads are in the meeting.

I am now a short-timer. I can do ten days standing on my head.

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I could get any more frustrated.

I wait to order the 3G because the Apple store sales clerk told me if I want one in the store, I need to wait until they release an official date before I can reserve one for pick up.

The by May 7th date comes out yesterday.

I call Apple to find out how to reserve it at the store for pick up, the lady tells me oh the release date is May 7th, you'll have yours by then, but you need to order it now.

I order it now.

I get a call saying the WiFi version has FINALLY come in. I decide since I've already reserved a 3G, I'll let the Wifi one go.

Now today they're saying April 30th.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh. I've screwed myself once again and now I have to wait till May 7th, when I could've had one on April 30 had I waited one more day to reserve it at the store.

This is really starting to tick me off!!

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
VLennert, your frustration is understandable! As much as I love Apple, so often is the case that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

You still have the option of buying one at an Apple store of April 30th, right? That's what a friend of mine will be doing. He has not pre-ordered.

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
VLennert, your frustration is understandable! As much as I love Apple, so often is the case that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

You still have the option of buying one at an Apple store of April 30th, right? That's what a friend of mine will be doing. He has not pre-ordered.

Yeah, I literally have been through the ringer just trying to reserve/buy an iPad.

The funny thing is, they sent me a "Customer Satisfaction Survey" email and haha I feel really sorry for the poor soul who has to read that. I let them have it regarding all the hoops they've made me jump through to STILL end up getting mine a week after everyone else, even though I did make three visits to Apple store.

Oh well. I think I'm going to try standing in line on the 30th to see if I can nab one. I'll have them cancel my online order if I can get in the door and get my paws on one. Here's to hoping that strategy will work!!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, I literally have been through the ringer just trying to reserve/buy an iPad.

The funny thing is, they sent me a "Customer Satisfaction Survey" email and haha I feel really sorry for the poor soul who has to read that. I let them have it regarding all the hoops they've made me jump through to STILL end up getting mine a week after everyone else, even though I did make three visits to Apple store.

Oh well. I think I'm going to try standing in line on the 30th to see if I can nab one. I'll have them cancel my online order if I can get in the door and get my paws on one. Here's to hoping that strategy will work!!
Think Apple is bad. They work pretty hard to allocate a short supply equitably, to give everyone an equal chance.

You should have been a Palm customer. They allocated short supply by discriminating by type of customer. CDMA first, GSM late if ever. WM first, Palm OS late if ever. They would never admit that they might never get around to you.

I am not talking about hours or days but months to a year.

As a result, one can now buy the whole company for today's increase in AAPL market value..

Last edited:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Yes, I fondly remember the golden years of Palm when I first fell in love with handheld/mobile technology. It is sad indeed to see them decline and all but fade away. There are lots of lessons to be learned in Palm's demise -- continue to innovate and offer exceptional customer service, or die.

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a Plam Pre' and it is an excellent phone. But with their financial woes, I am planning to dump it for an HTC EVO 4G when it comes out. Palm made some great phones, it is such a pitty.

Apple finally charged my card for my iPad 3G this morning.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I have a Plam Pre' and it is an excellent phone. But with their financial woes, I am planning to dump it for an HTC EVO 4G when it comes out. Palm made some great phones, it is such a pitty.

Apple finally charged my card for my iPad 3G this morning.

Same here on the charge for the iPad 3g. Just interesting they would do it a whole week before shipment

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Same here on the charge for the iPad 3g. Just interesting they would do it a whole week before shipment

Well, they do have to ship it in time for you to receive it ON the 30th, right? That's what they said over the phone to me..phone/online orders and in store pickups will be available on the same day.

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you will recieve it on Friday April 30th, so they will probably ship it this week. It will take it a few days to arrive from China.

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
They do make good products. I love my iPod Touch 2g! I use it every day at work. I am really looking forward to getting the iPad...

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
They do make good products. I love my iPod Touch 2g! I use it every day at work. I am really looking forward to getting the iPad...

The iPhone has become such an integral part of my life that I'm compelled to have the iPad -- I know that it, too, will be used often on a daily basis, sometimes supplanting my iPhone use and ultimately enhancing my experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro