New 3G Shipping Date

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hold your horses, turbo!

First of all, I'm a chick. :p

Second of all, I haven't decided yet and I have till like 3:00 PM tomorrow to decide. Decisions, decisions. I could cancel my 3G order and just live with the WiFi version for a bit, then sell it and upgrade, no? Ahhhhhhhhhh, my inpatience is KILLING me. Why oh why do I have the patience of a gnat??

What would y'all do? Seriously, if you could have a wifi in your greasy little paws today or wait until May 8th for the 3G?

Last edited:

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I would wait, cause when May 8th comes around, you wwill have wished you would have just waited instead have going through all of the hassle just for 2 weeks of use

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Soooo... I also got my e-mail this morning from Apple about the "your still getting yours in late April" BUT... to the others that got the same e-mail... has your Credit Card been charged yet??? Mine hasn't... I was just curious...

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Hold your horses, turbo!

Second of all, I haven't decided yet and I have till like 3:00 PM tomorrow to decide. Decisions, decisions. I could cancel my 3G order and just live with the WiFi version for a bit, then sell it and upgrade, no? Ahhhhhhhhhh, my inpatience is KILLING me. Why oh why do I have the patience of a gnat??

What would y'all do? Seriously, if you could have a wifi in your greasy little paws today or wait until May 8th for the 3G?

DOH!! :eek: My apologies, ma'am! See what happens when one assumes? Ugh. Ok, with respect to what I would do in your shoes. I have the patience of a gnat as well, BUT... I could have picked up a WiFi iPad on April 3rd, and I did not. I knew then that I wanted the 3G option, and I still know NOW that I want the 3G option. I don't want the hassle of buying, syncing, using, then returning or selling a WiFi when I only need to wait a little longer for the 3G. Just my two bits, one gnat to another ;)

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Soooo... I also got my e-mail this morning from Apple about the "your still getting yours in late April" BUT... to the others that got the same e-mail... has your Credit Card been charged yet??? Mine hasn't... I was just curious...

I have also received the "reassurance" email for shipping by late April, and my credit card has NOT been billed.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Hold your horses, turbo!

I would wait....you have waited this long what's a few more days. It will just make receiving your 3g that much sweeter. :D

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Check it out! Nothing on my side yet, but it seems I have been running a little behind the rest of you. Have any of you been charged?
iPad 3G orders being processed? - Engadget

My heart just started pounding a little....

And yes, guys, the pep talk helped. I decided to just wait. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it!!!

LOL..if this isn't a gadget release support group...I don't know what is!

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I hope that with some people having their credit cards billed the 3G iPad will be available at the Apple Stores this weekend. My dad is in Phoenix Saturday and is willing to pick one up for me if they are on sale by then.

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
VLennert, I think you made the right decesion. It has been a tough wait, but it won't be for much longer.

Yeah, I pretty much knew I was going to have to let it go. I mean, I don't have money to burn and I have gone through this much agony..whats another couple of weeks?

I guess I had to just entertain the thought, toy with it a bit, you know?

I seriously have not been this entranced with wanting a device ever. Not even for the xbox 360...and I'm a pretty avid gamer.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I hope that with some people having their credit cards billed the 3G iPad will be available at the Apple Stores this weekend. My dad is in Phoenix Saturday and is willing to pick one up for me if they are on sale by then.

Take this for what is is worth...but I have read a number of posts on other forums where members have asked Apple reps when the 3g would be in the stores. The majority were told it would be closer to early May before you would see them in stores.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I'm seriously steeling myself for another 2 week wait, if necessary. As others have said, we've all waited this long, what's another two weeks? I just know that once I committed to the 3G version, I simply wouldn't be satisfied with a WiFi-only iPad. So, I'm holding out and doing so with a big fake smile on my face :D

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
quick question on this subject... when they say "ships by: May 7th" does that mean, it should arrive at my place on may 7th? or begin its shipping on may 7th?

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Valid question that I don't believe has been really explained. In the past, When Apple releases new products, the date they announce is usually the day you get it. I am not sure if that will be the situation here since they have already shipped versions of this product, but that's is what I believe to be the case

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh