Yes, I fondly remember the golden years of Palm when I first fell in love with handheld/mobile technology. It is sad indeed to see them decline and all but fade away. There are lots of lessons to be learned in Palm's demise -- continue to innovate and offer exceptional customer service, or die.
    04-21-2010 11:12 AM
    I have a Plam Pre' and it is an excellent phone. But with their financial woes, I am planning to dump it for an HTC EVO 4G when it comes out. Palm made some great phones, it is such a pitty.

Apple finally charged my card for my iPad 3G this morning.
    04-21-2010 11:40 AM
    I have a Plam Pre' and it is an excellent phone. But with their financial woes, I am planning to dump it for an HTC EVO 4G when it comes out. Palm made some great phones, it is such a pitty.

Apple finally charged my card for my iPad 3G this morning.
    Same here on the charge for the iPad 3g. Just interesting they would do it a whole week before shipment
    04-21-2010 11:50 AM
    Same here on the charge for the iPad 3g. Just interesting they would do it a whole week before shipment
    Well, they do have to ship it in time for you to receive it ON the 30th, right? That's what they said over the phone to me..phone/online orders and in store pickups will be available on the same day.
    04-21-2010 12:02 PM
    Yes, you will recieve it on Friday April 30th, so they will probably ship it this week. It will take it a few days to arrive from China.
    04-21-2010 12:35 PM
    I haven't been charged yet. I'm surprised I'm saying this, but... c'mon, Apple! Take my money!!
    04-21-2010 12:35 PM
    Who would have ever thought that we would be looking forward to a company taking our money...
    04-21-2010 12:36 PM
    Who would have ever thought that we would be looking forward to a company taking our money...
    No kidding. If it has an Apple on it, my wallet and bank account just magically opens up to them. Thank goodness they make such great products
    04-21-2010 12:40 PM
    They do make good products. I love my iPod Touch 2g! I use it every day at work. I am really looking forward to getting the iPad...
    04-21-2010 12:43 PM
    They do make good products. I love my iPod Touch 2g! I use it every day at work. I am really looking forward to getting the iPad...
    The iPhone has become such an integral part of my life that I'm compelled to have the iPad -- I know that it, too, will be used often on a daily basis, sometimes supplanting my iPhone use and ultimately enhancing my experience.
    04-21-2010 12:49 PM
    I see some pending charges on my CC...looks like Jobs and company have come calling for my money.
    04-21-2010 01:25 PM
    Yeah, mine was charged this morning as well.

This is my second time actually. They charged me once way back in March, getting my hopes up that they were shipping the 3G model early, and then credited the amount back to my card. Never was I so disappointed to be refunded $880! I'm glad that I know it will stick this time.
    04-21-2010 02:09 PM
    Omg, this wait is torture
    04-21-2010 05:29 PM
    My charge just appeared also -- $880 + part of my soul to Apple = iPad bliss
    04-21-2010 05:40 PM
    Yay!! Mine too! I can almost taste it!
    04-22-2010 01:03 AM
    The iPhone has become such an integral part of my life that I'm compelled to have the iPad -- I know that it, too, will be used often on a daily basis, sometimes supplanting my iPhone use and ultimately enhancing my experience.
    I ordered the Apple iPad case. However, as a frequent conference speaker, I have lots of "cases," some quite elegant, if not precious. This morning I identified four that I am looking forward to using for my iPad. A week from tomorrow.
    04-22-2010 10:38 AM
    My charge just appeared also -- $880 + part of my soul to Apple = iPad bliss
    I get to pay with "Apple dollars." In fact, the value of my little bit of Apple stock has gone up more than enough just this week to pay for my iPad.
    Last edited by whmurray; 04-22-2010 at 11:43 AM.
    04-22-2010 10:39 AM
    Omg, this wait is torture
    I try to drink a little champagne every day because I would not like to die without having my share. No one promised me tomorrow, much less next Friday.
    04-22-2010 10:42 AM
    I get to pay with "Apple dollars." In fact, the value of my little bit of Apple stock has gone up more than enough just this week to pay for my iPad.
    OOOH! I wish I had some Apple dollars. I paid for mine with eBay dollars. Basically, unused gadgets and other stuff in my possession that were serving no purpose. They quickly all started looking like iPads to me
    04-22-2010 12:21 PM
    OOOH! I wish I had some Apple dollars. I paid for mine with eBay dollars. Basically, unused gadgets and other stuff in my possession that were serving no purpose. They quickly all started looking like iPads to me
    lol Wish I had thought of that.
    04-22-2010 12:25 PM
    Interesting. I got a survey from Apple recently about my experience purchasing an iPad. After I detailed my not-so-good experience with ordering/purchasing an iPad and the run around all the customer service people gave me both online and in person, I hit submit and felt better that at least SOMEONE would know I was ticked off.

However, this morning I got a voicemail AND an email from someone at Apple wanting to talk to me about my survey response. Just called her back, but she didn't answer so I left a message.

Hmmm. Cool. Better response than even I expected, and I'm a stinker for good customer service.

You think I can get something free out of it? lol
    Last edited by VLennert; 04-22-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    04-22-2010 12:28 PM
    Interesting. I got a survey from Apple recently about my experience purchasing an iPad. After I detailed my not-so-good experience with ordering/purchasing an iPad and the run around all the customer service people gave me both online and in person, I hit submit and felt better that at least SOMEONE would know I was ticked off.

However, this morning I got a voicemail AND an email from someone at Apple wanting to talk to me about my survey response. Just called her back, but she didn't answer so I left a message.

Hmmm. Cool. Better response than even I expected, and I'm a stinker for good customer service.

I say, go for a free iPad!
    04-22-2010 12:34 PM

Interesting. I take that as evidence that they are trying.

Sometimes success is difficult to manage. The announcement of the IBM/360 resulted in a surge of orders for configurations that would not even work, much less meet the customer's needs. People just wanted an early order date. However, the plants were using those bad orders to decide what to build.
    04-22-2010 12:41 PM
    Interesting. I take that as evidence that they are trying.
    Yeah, I'd have to agree.

I'll let you all know what happens after I am able to speak with her...
    04-22-2010 12:56 PM
    Well, I had a long chat with the Apple lady. She profusely apologized for all the run around I got and said they will work to improve the issues I experienced, which are documented.

Oh, and she is sending me a free case for my trouble
    04-22-2010 04:54 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD