iPad or new MBP?

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Hi,
I still have a 15" 2.33 C2D MBP, before the unibody design (ATI X1600). I have skipped the last few upgrades and this most recent update has tempted me. I do like online gaming, so the better video cards and processors would greatly help. I would love to be able to use BootCamp to play graphics intensive games. Currently, I use a PC to play, so it's more of a convenience to want to be able to play on a Mac.

My problem is I also really like the new iPad. I want a small form factor, so it's either a 13 or 15" MBP or iPad. I, like many, see the iPad as a way to get some work done while on the run and away from my laptop.

If you could only get 1, what would it be?

Lotus Esprit V8

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If I needed productivity I would go with the macbook. If I only needed to surf the web, do email, read books, watch video, and play games I would go with the iPad

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Your question clearly underscores how the purchasing decision for an iPad (or new MBP) is a personal decision based on your unique needs. If gaming is important to you and you spend a significant amount of time gaming, then clearly the new MBP is far more capable than the iPad. If, on the other hand, the gaming is less important and the convenience of an iPad for mobile productivity is more important to you, then go with the iPad.

appezzy

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
really depends on your use, my iPad has replaced my MBP for 90% of things but those other 10% I do still need the MBP for (until some apps are developed) maybe in another year things will be different.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711