3G preorders...shipping methods now being changed to Priority

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Looks like a little movement in pre-orders...No date has been issues, but it seems that the shipping methods have been changing to priority from ground. Maybe this is a sign that we are about to get a ship date? Who knows....

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Looks like a little movement in pre-orders...No date has been issues, but it seems that the shipping methods have been changing to priority from ground. Maybe this is a sign that we are about to get a ship date? Who knows....

Where did you get the information that shipping priority has been changed?

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the status of my iPad 3G 64GB and it still says that it will ship in late April. If you look at the shipment method on the left of the screen it says "PRIORITY". However, I don't remember if it always said this.....

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Just remember seeing it on ground before, then saw other people were seeing the change. I went and checked mine...and it had changed..

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm not saying that the change in shipping status doesn't mean things are progressing...but let's not forget we are dealing with Apple.

Jobs and company understand they can effectively pacify a number of upset and frustrated customers by doing something as simple as changing the shipping date. To be honest, this smells like a well orchestrated public relations move implemented to buy Apple some more time to figure out the shipping date.

Think about it, did Apple really need to go in their and change the shipping status on the Order Detail screen? Apple could simply contact the carrier(s) and told them here is the time frame in which we expect delivery of our product. If you are Fedex or UPS you are going to do exactly what one of your largest clients wants.

Sorry folks....I occasionally have a conspiracy theory mindset when it comes to business practices of major corporations. :D

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
It could be that. OR, and call me crazy here, but it could mean that they're just getting ready to ship.

Occam's Razor and all that.

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I just checked the status of my iPad 3G 64GB and it still says that it will ship in late April. If you look at the shipment method on the left of the screen it says "PRIORITY". However, I don't remember if it always said this.....

My orders initially said "standard", and now they say "priority".

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
It could be that. OR, and call me crazy here, but it could mean that they're just getting ready to ship.

Occam's Razor and all that.

I would willing to bet the 3g are sitting in a warehouse and have been to ship for quite a while. That's why I think the change in everyone's order status is a public relations manuever rather than it being a real time logistics / shipping protocol change.

Hey....Apple can ease my suspicious little mind by announcing a release date. Truth be told, I'm probably just looking for ways not to get my hopes up so I won't be disappointed. I want my 3g as much as the next person. :D

Last edited:

Mad-dog-one

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Sadly, because everybody wants a 3G ipad, Apple figures they can increase the media frenzy at the expense of their customers. Other than this, I can't see any reason for Apples failure to provide more specific information about a delivery date. Come on Jobs, "just the facts ma'am."

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
As I've read on some other posts, perhaps the wait and lack of firm shipping date are for a couple reasons: 1) without a firm date, they will continue selling WiFi models, and 2) they are waiting until after the 14-day return window for existing WiFi sales.

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, during the night I got a confirmation from Apple saying that My iPad would be shipped in late April as communicated at the time I placed my order. It also said I would get a confirmation notice once my order has shipped.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
As I understand it.

1. If you pre-ordered you'll receive your 3G iPad in lately April.

2. If you order a 3G iPad today you'll receive it by May 7th.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
So, as an update. There was a note on the engadget site saying that the iPad pre-orders were moved to May for people that order from today on, but looks like we are still on for "late April" also, I see a small charge on my account from apple today for 4.37. I have bought nothing close to that amount. I have two items left to ship. the camera accessory and the iPad. I wonder which one they are about to ship??? ;-)

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
looks like you guys were ahead of me on the May 7th thing...but check your payment method and see if there has been any action...like I said above..I have a small charge on my account.... wonder what is about to ship???

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711