View Poll Results: Is the iPad better than you thought it would be?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's better than I thought it would be

8 72.73%
  • It's about what I expected

2 18.18%
  • Nope, I'm disappointed

1 9.09%
    So, now that the iPad has been out nearly two weeks, is it as good or better than you thought it would be?
    04-15-2010 10:43 PM
    Personally, I think iPad is way better than I thought it would be. The large screen and the iPad specific apps are really great.
    04-15-2010 10:47 PM
    So far it's about what I expected. I like it, but I don't yet love it. Of course that could also be because I simply haven't had enough time to properly play around with it and figure out what all it can do for me. I must admit that I'd probably find it a lot more amazing if I didn't already have an iPhone as part of my daily life. But I think that the kind of innovative software that will really make the iPad take off hasn't been released yet. I predict it will be a year from now when the gen 2 hardware comes out and more mature iPad-specific software is readily available (running better 4.x OS) that I think the iPad could become a real game-changer.

But I'm happy with it. And in a month or 2 I might change my vote once I get to know my iPad a little better.
    04-15-2010 10:55 PM
    So far it's about what I expected. I like it, but I don't yet love it. Of course that could also be because I simply haven't had enough time to properly play around with it and figure out what all it can do for me. I must admit that I'd probably find it a lot more amazing if I didn't already have an iPhone as part of my daily life. But I think that the kind of innovative software that will really make the iPad take off hasn't been released yet. I predict it will be a year from now when the gen 2 hardware comes out and more mature iPad-specific software is readily available (running better 4.x OS) that I think the iPad could become a real game-changer.

But I'm happy with it. And in a month or 2 I might change my vote once I get to know my iPad a little better.
    Well said, I agree.

Even with 3.2 on my iPad... I still love this new toy.
    Last edited by GinoDotCom; 04-16-2010 at 12:17 AM.
    04-16-2010 12:14 AM
    The device itself is about what i expected. But i do like iBooks a lot better than Amazon's. It's nice to have page numbers. I've been surprised by how readable they are on that screen.
    04-16-2010 08:31 AM
    I knew it was going to be great, but didn't realize just how great. I am amazed at the clarity of the screen, ease of use, and overall functionality.
    04-16-2010 12:02 PM
    I was so excited to get it and I have loved it since it arrived. I think I knew it would be great since I am addicted to the iPhones and the touch already. So, I expected it to be great and it is. I am not disappointed at all- although, I will be happy when all of the apps catch up.
    04-16-2010 04:06 PM
    No offense to the OP but this thread is pretty much the same thing: http://forum.tipb.com/ipad-forum/188...your-ipad.html

This thread is closed.
    04-16-2010 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD