Immersive experience

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
During the iPad keynote, Steve Jobs talked about striving to create an immersive experience with the iPad where the technology just disappears and you interact directly with your content.

Well last night I was so immersed in iBooks on my iPad that twice I fumbled around the edges of the device trying to grasp the next page!

(This was my first time using iBooks for any length of time. Thanks to Calibre and iBooks' support for the ePub format, my old Microsoft Reader titles have a new life!)*

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I'm reminded again of how jealous I am of those who hold an iPad in their grubby hands. HAHA. I've been tempted more than once to cave in and buy the WiFi, but I must. keep. waiting.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Video is pretty immersive too- at least if you have good enough quality video. I've watched 1 TV episode and an hour of a movie and it felt a lot like watching a TV. Yes, the screen is smaller than most TV's but then again you're a lot closer to the screen so the perceived size seems similar. If anything it's more immersive than watching TV since the device is occupying so much of your field of view.

My main problem so far is having enough quality time to play with my iPad. Work and the various other considerations of life keep getting in the way!;)

happycamping

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm reminded again of how jealous I am of those who hold an iPad in their grubby hands. HAHA. I've been tempted more than once to cave in and buy the WiFi, but I must. keep. waiting.

Now I do believe you convinced me to buy one...it is your turn! Or are you waiting for 3G?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711