How do you copy/paste from iPad Dragon dictation?.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I wasn't sure where to put this since it is software-related, but also specific to the iPad very, I would imagine.

When I highlight or hold on the text just like I do anywhere else within the iPad I only get the option to delete. It is annoying enough that I have to copy and paste to use the software's dictation output with another app, but like with so many other apps on this platform, I, someone completely new to the iPhone operating system/platform, have no idea how to proceed and see nothing on the device to help me.

I would appreciate any help that any of you could provide. Hopefully, I didn't miss anything obvious, this time, which would really impede or negate my right to sanctimonious whinging.

theipadguru

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's not standard

For whatever reason, they chose not to use the standard method and that does make it confusing. The icon in the top right that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it is usually used for saving, exporting, or emailing things. In Dragon Dictation's case the menu that pops up lets you copy the note.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
For whatever reason, they chose not to use the standard method and that does make it confusing. The icon in the top right that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it is usually used for saving, exporting, or emailing things. In Dragon Dictation's case the menu that pops up lets you copy the note.

Much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.