For me its a great tool to use to pass time between my college classes
    04-12-2010 11:52 AM
    I'll let you know once I get my 3G one, but I will predict that I will use it the most while traveling...
    04-12-2010 04:03 PM
    *anticipates toilet jokes in 3... 2... 1...*

Btw, I like using mine at work and taking it with me when I am out for a bike ride. I was reading iBook in Borders a coupl of hours, ago. That could become a habit it I remember to bring a jacket. Brrr...

I will assume the bed goes without saying. Okay, I said it.
    04-12-2010 09:28 PM
    That's awesome. You can ride a bike and operate your ipad at the same time? :-)

In all seriousness, the toilet is a great place. My wife is always yelling at my because I let 5 different magazine subscriptions pile up next to the toilet. So now zinio is quickly replacing them.
    04-13-2010 12:21 AM
    In bed and at my office desk (where it's like a 2nd screen).
    04-13-2010 03:15 AM
    My 3G is still in China somewhere, so right now I use it to spy on the Chinese. I kid, I kid!
    04-13-2010 02:39 PM
    My 3G is still in China somewhere, so right now I use it to spy on the Chinese. I kid, I kid!
    And when it's finally here maybe the Chinese will use it to spy on you!
    04-13-2010 03:59 PM
    And when it's finally here maybe the Chinese will use it to spy on you!
    I guess that's one reason to be glad it doesn't have a camera
    04-13-2010 04:49 PM
    In bed and at my office desk (where it's like a 2nd screen).
    Why do these need to be mutually exclusive? If you sleep on the job like I do, you can kill two favorite ipad places at once.
    04-15-2010 02:34 AM
    which is exactly why i didn't go with a 3g model. The wait would of been killing me. MyWi on my 3GS works almost as good and I'm saving another potential 30bucks monthly. The 15dollar data plan is a total joke and Apple knows it.
    04-15-2010 03:57 AM
    which is exactly why i didn't go with a 3g model. The wait would of been killing me. MyWi on my 3GS works almost as good and I'm saving another potential 30bucks monthly. The 15dollar data plan is a total joke and Apple knows it.
    The wait does suck, trust me. What is worse is that I ordered the Apple case and I received a shipment notification yesterday. I was so excited about it...until I realized it was the case and not the iPad...
    04-15-2010 08:37 AM
    *anticipates toilet jokes in 3... 2... 1...*
    Ok, I'll do it. That's why we refer to our iPad as a "craptop"...
    04-15-2010 11:33 AM
    Whether or not the $15 data plan is realistic or a joke is not the issue. Apple understands that people want choices, there will be some percentage of the Ipad customer base where the $15 plan will suit them just fine. If Apple doesn't offer a choice, then they will be criticized for only offering one plan. Don't get me wrong, I think most folks may find themselves having to shell out the $30. But from a business / marketing perspective I think Apple made the right decision to offer the $15 plan.

That whole "choice" thing has worked out well for you. Apple could have elected to only offer a Wi-fi / 3g model which would have meant that $30 monthly fee would have been mandatory if you chose to purchase an ipad.

Lastly, while waiting for the 3G is not fun it will be worth it IMHO. I want to have the option / flexibility that the 3G model offers. I know some folks with the wi-fi model have decided to use their iphone to access the web if wi-fi is unavailable. But for me, I want the luxury of being able to use my ipad if only 3G service is available.
    Last edited by traylorc; 04-15-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    04-15-2010 11:50 AM
    The wait does suck, trust me. What is worse is that I ordered the Apple case and I received a shipment notification yesterday. I was so excited about it...until I realized it was the case and not the iPad...
    My iPad case was waiting on my desk when I got into the office this morning. So far I have my wireless BT keyboard.... case.... but no shiny 3G iPad. This is a massive test of patience.
    Last edited by iBri; 04-15-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    04-15-2010 12:35 PM
    My iPad case was waiting on my desk when I got into the office this morning. So are I have my wireless BT keyboard.... case.... but no shiny 3G iPad. This is a massive test of patience.
    Yes...and I am failing miserably...
    04-15-2010 01:20 PM
    Take It To Work Everyday. Nothing Beats Listening To Pandora At My Desk With My Beats In. Completely Separated From Everyone. Good Thing No Fires This Week.
    04-15-2010 01:35 PM
    Nothing Beats Listening To Pandora At My Desk With My Beats In.
    Except maybe being able to run Pandora in the background while you do something else on your iPad. Can't wait for OS4 for iPad.
    04-15-2010 01:43 PM
    Come on, guys. Admit it. Its the bathroom, the only place one cannot use a laptop.
    04-15-2010 04:07 PM
    Come on, guys. Admit it. Its the bathroom, the only place one cannot use a laptop.
    I'm not afraid to admit it.. its quite convenient to use there
    04-15-2010 05:27 PM
    If I only had my iPad, I'm sure my bathroom breaks would be shorter because I can view more content at once than on my diminutive iPhone. Then again, maybe bathroom breaks will become more frequent and lengthy because of that larger gorgeous screen?
    04-15-2010 05:34 PM
    The iPad has made me more of a couch potato. Cant necessarily say this is a good thing
    04-16-2010 12:25 AM
    I'm not afraid to admit it.. its quite convenient to use there
    If I only had my iPad, I'm sure my bathroom breaks would be shorter because I can view more content at once than on my diminutive iPhone. Then again, maybe bathroom breaks will become more frequent and lengthy because of that larger gorgeous screen?
    I will say that carrying your iPhone into the bathroom is much less noticeable...

That won't stop me from using my iPad everywhere...including in there!
    04-16-2010 09:46 AM
    I have a 3G on order. My primary motivation is to use the iPad for Electronic Charts when I fly. I've seen Electronic Flight Bags (EFBs) start at $1000, without any chart subscriptions.
    04-19-2010 05:00 PM
    Use mine at starbucks all the time, free wifi
    04-19-2010 08:39 PM
    Still waiting on the blasted 3g, but plan on using mine at home, work, and at the coffee shop in the mornings before work.

For home, it will be really helpful. I'm a xbox 360 achievement junkie but my TV and puter are in different rooms. When I would get stuck in a game or need some kind of walkthrough, I'd have to get up, walk to the other room, look up the info I needed and walk back. With the iPad, not so much. It'll be my gaming buddy. Now if I could just get it to deliver pizza and a Corona to the couch, I'd be set

I was also trying to figure out how to use it in the...ahem...pool. Ah, to lay out in the backyard pool in the hot Texas sun reading a good iBooks book...that is the life. Only problem is..I'm too terrified I'd drop it. I was thinking of testing out like a super strength ziplock baggie around it...but who wants to have that fail and end up throwing away 800 bucks?

For work, I plan on streaming music and movies at my desk while I work. My job does not have a hotspot and this is the prime reason I wanted the 3g...for at work. Yes, sounds weird to watch movies at work, but I work in a pretty cool office that allows it. It actually does help morale and productivity..most people have TVs and DVD/Blueray players in their offices but I've always been too lazy to haul something up there. The iPad to the rescue! I also will REALLY use the calendar function...I have been looking for something to help me get more organized and the calendar looks really good with color coded appointments and such.
    Last edited by VLennert; 04-19-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    04-19-2010 09:24 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD