Favorite place to take/use your iPad?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I'll let you know once I get my 3G one, but I will predict that I will use it the most while traveling...

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
*anticipates toilet jokes in 3... 2... 1...*

Btw, I like using mine at work and taking it with me when I am out for a bike ride. I was reading iBook in Borders a coupl of hours, ago. That could become a habit it I remember to bring a jacket. Brrr...

I will assume the bed goes without saying. Okay, I said it.

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome. You can ride a bike and operate your ipad at the same time? :)

In all seriousness, the toilet is a great place. My wife is always yelling at my because I let 5 different magazine subscriptions pile up next to the toilet. So now zinio is quickly replacing them.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
My 3G is still in China somewhere, so right now I use it to spy on the Chinese. ;) I kid, I kid!

which is exactly why i didn't go with a 3g model. The wait would of been killing me. MyWi on my 3GS works almost as good and I'm saving another potential 30bucks monthly. The 15dollar data plan is a total joke and Apple knows it.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
which is exactly why i didn't go with a 3g model. The wait would of been killing me. MyWi on my 3GS works almost as good and I'm saving another potential 30bucks monthly. The 15dollar data plan is a total joke and Apple knows it.

The wait does suck, trust me. What is worse is that I ordered the Apple case and I received a shipment notification yesterday. I was so excited about it...until I realized it was the case and not the iPad...

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site

Whether or not the $15 data plan is realistic or a joke is not the issue. Apple understands that people want choices, there will be some percentage of the Ipad customer base where the $15 plan will suit them just fine. If Apple doesn't offer a choice, then they will be criticized for only offering one plan. Don't get me wrong, I think most folks may find themselves having to shell out the $30. But from a business / marketing perspective I think Apple made the right decision to offer the $15 plan.

That whole "choice" thing has worked out well for you. Apple could have elected to only offer a Wi-fi / 3g model which would have meant that $30 monthly fee would have been mandatory if you chose to purchase an ipad.

Lastly, while waiting for the 3G is not fun it will be worth it IMHO. I want to have the option / flexibility that the 3G model offers. I know some folks with the wi-fi model have decided to use their iphone to access the web if wi-fi is unavailable. But for me, I want the luxury of being able to use my ipad if only 3G service is available.

Last edited:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
The wait does suck, trust me. What is worse is that I ordered the Apple case and I received a shipment notification yesterday. I was so excited about it...until I realized it was the case and not the iPad...

My iPad case was waiting on my desk when I got into the office this morning. So far I have my wireless BT keyboard.... case.... but no shiny 3G iPad. :( This is a massive test of patience.

Last edited:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
My iPad case was waiting on my desk when I got into the office this morning. So are I have my wireless BT keyboard.... case.... but no shiny 3G iPad. :( This is a massive test of patience.

Yes...and I am failing miserably...

jgorman13

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Take It To Work Everyday. Nothing Beats Listening To Pandora At My Desk With My Beats In. Completely Separated From Everyone. Good Thing No Fires This Week.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Come on, guys. Admit it. Its the bathroom, the only place one cannot use a laptop.

If I only had my iPad, I'm sure my bathroom breaks would be shorter because I can view more content at once than on my diminutive iPhone. Then again, maybe bathroom breaks will become more frequent and lengthy because of that larger gorgeous screen? ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner