Tip for users who return / exchange their ipad

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
This may be common knowledge for iphone users, however since this is the first apple product I've owned, I wasn't aware of this and thought I'd save anyone else in the time on apple support that I spent today.

If you replace your ipad, you can go back into the app catalog and redownload apps and media, including ibooks. It looks like you are buying them again, however, after you click on the "buy app" it tells you that you've already purchased it and wants to know if you would like to download it again.

Just trying to throw out tips that will help the forum grow.

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Great idea. So if you have come to this forum after the exchange and didn't know about the sync option like I didn't, cardfan will build you a time machine that will allow you to go back and sync to your itunes account.

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
Great idea. So if you have come to this forum after the exchange and didn't know about the sync option like I didn't, cardfan will build you a time machine that will allow you to go back and sync to your itunes account.

You have to sync the iPad to active it. How could you not know about synching?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL I love the time machine bit, I think as you said you're trying to let new users know and cardfan was just adding info so they don't just re-download things everytime but they also know they can sync everything back.

I still have no iPad :mad:

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep..i didn't realize i was being rude. Sorry.

I was just busting your chops. I didn't think you were being rude. I have a palm pre and surf precentral.net all the time. The great thing about that forum is all the fun that posters seem to have. I would love to see this forum grow and bring people back on a regular basis to contribute. That was the original intent of the first post and then for the humor as well... :)

Flagatorfan

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
You have to sync the iPad to active it. How could you not know about synching?

Yea, but I didn't understand it was going to sync everything back and forth and that I needed to continue to do that. I thought it was basically registering my ipad. Remember, I've never had an apple product. So I wasn't fully aware of how itunes worked in the first place. So while I sync for setting up the ipad, I never reconnected the ipad back to the computer again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711