I just got back from playing with one at Best Buy. I noticed you could download Slingplayer for the iPad from the App Store, but it's $30 and it offers no trial period.

Has anyone installed and tried the app? What type of Slingbox did you use it with? How was the experience?
    04-08-2010 09:26 PM
    I love mine.. I have it hooked up to my media center pc, through an extender... Butt loads of media!!
    04-08-2010 11:00 PM
    I've had a Slingbox for a few years now and have enjoyed watching from laptops, MS based phones, Palms, iPhone, and now my iPad. It was so nice to sit in the middle east and watch news and tv programs from home in real time. I was pretty popular during football season
    I have the Sling Solo hooked to my cable box. I am using the same app that I have on my iPhone on the iPad. The res is not as good but I am willing to sacrifice quality for screen size. Let's hope they upgrade the app.
    04-08-2010 11:18 PM
    I've had a Slingbox for a few years now and have enjoyed watching from laptops, MS based phones, Palms, iPhone, and now my iPad. It was so nice to sit in the middle east and watch news and tv programs from home in real time. I was pretty popular during football season
    I have the Sling Solo hooked to my cable box. I am using the same app that I have on my iPhone on the iPad. The res is not as good but I am willing to sacrifice quality for screen size. Let's hope they upgrade the app.
    Crap ... I think this means I need to get an iPad.
    04-09-2010 08:23 AM
    Crap ... I think this means I need to get an iPad.
    Excellent reasoning.
    04-09-2010 09:51 AM
    But how will sling look on a HD screen? More bandwidth you'd think..
    04-09-2010 10:07 AM
    I have sling for the iPhone and also loaded it on my iPad. It's not a HD app(native iPad) app so when you increase the size to 2x it doesn't look as good. It's not terrible but I think sling needs to come with a universal binary that runs on both devicesmin native mode. I hope sling doesn't decide to charge another 30 bucks for an iPad only version.
    04-10-2010 10:28 PM
    Is slingbox the best way to watch T.V on your iPhone? I am thinking of buying one, maybe just the solo.
    04-11-2010 06:37 AM
    Is slingbox the best way to watch T.V on your iPhone? I am thinking of buying one, maybe just the solo.
    Yes. If your cable box is also a DVR you can control that as well.
    04-11-2010 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD