Slingplayer

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from playing with one at Best Buy. I noticed you could download Slingplayer for the iPad from the App Store, but it's $30 and it offers no trial period.

Has anyone installed and tried the app? What type of Slingbox did you use it with? How was the experience?

Fairoasis2

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had a Slingbox for a few years now and have enjoyed watching from laptops, MS based phones, Palms, iPhone, and now my iPad. It was so nice to sit in the middle east and watch news and tv programs from home in real time. I was pretty popular during football season:)
I have the Sling Solo hooked to my cable box. I am using the same app that I have on my iPhone on the iPad. The res is not as good but I am willing to sacrifice quality for screen size. Let's hope they upgrade the app.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had a Slingbox for a few years now and have enjoyed watching from laptops, MS based phones, Palms, iPhone, and now my iPad. It was so nice to sit in the middle east and watch news and tv programs from home in real time. I was pretty popular during football season:)
I have the Sling Solo hooked to my cable box. I am using the same app that I have on my iPhone on the iPad. The res is not as good but I am willing to sacrifice quality for screen size. Let's hope they upgrade the app.

Crap ... I think this means I need to get an iPad.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I have sling for the iPhone and also loaded it on my iPad. It's not a HD app(native iPad) app so when you increase the size to 2x it doesn't look as good. It's not terrible but I think sling needs to come with a universal binary that runs on both devicesmin native mode. I hope sling doesn't decide to charge another 30 bucks for an iPad only version.