STILL No date for 3g Ipad?

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
It could, but it's not. Changing the shipping date on the iPad wouldn't require the entire store to be offline.

Nope it was for the MBP. I got both my dock and the keyboard dock....sigh...It's sad. I just sit there and stare at the keyboard dock all day long and fake type... I am pitiful :(

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
Nah. As long as you aren't mumbling while you are fake-typing, then everything is okay. If you are mumbling, however, then you might want to see a psychiatrist.

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my 3g the first day it was available for pre-order along with a dock, a case and the power adapter. I've received the dock and the case already, and then got a shipping notice about the power adapter last Friday (4/9). What's strange is that when I try to track that shipment, it shows that it left China, got to Hong Kong and has been sitting there for four days now.

Any chance that this could mean that they are holding ALL shipments in preparation for the iPad 3G release? It would make sense to hold everything so close to a release date so that nothing "accidentally" gets out early.

Last edited:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I ordered my 3g the first day it was available for pre-order along with a dock, a case and the power adapter. I've received the dock and the case already, and then got a shipping notice about the power adapter last Friday (4/9). What's strange is that when I try to track that shipment, it shows that it left China, got to Hong Kong and has been sitting there for four days now.

Any chance that this could mean that they are holding ALL shipments in preparation for the iPad 3G release? It would make sense to hold everything so close to a release date so that nothing "accidentally" gets out early.

Interesting observation and theory. I also pre-ordered a 3G along with keyboard and case. I received the keyboard a couple weeks ago and the case shipped on the 10th. My case has also been sitting in Hong Kong since the 11th and shows no signs of moving on. The delivery date is estimated to be April 15th, so if it doesn't move soon, I don't think it's going to make it. Would that it's being held up for the 3G iPad to join it!

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Interesting observation and theory. I also pre-ordered a 3G along with keyboard and case. I received the keyboard a couple weeks ago and the case shipped on the 10th. My case has also been sitting in Hong Kong since the 11th and shows no signs of moving on. The delivery date is estimated to be April 15th, so if it doesn't move soon, I don't think it's going to make it. Would that it's being held up for the 3G iPad to join it!

My shipment notice says it's due to be delivered by tomorrow at 4:30PM. Given the fact that it's still in Hong Kong, even if they bought it a first class ticket, it wouldn't make it to Denver in the next 28 hours.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I also pre-ordered my iPad 3g and am waiting in anticipation!! I talked to the Apple store Chat online today and I asked if there was any new news of the release date for the iPad 3g. All they told me was that I will receive my iPad 3G on the release date... sigh.. But April is almost half over!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Listen here in Canada we have Nada ok :p unless you went across the border. So stop your whinning atleast you got Wifi LOL However guys they may very well know the shipping date but this is the reason they will not say so we can talk about it on the forums to keep the threads recent. We'll all go to their site daily to see if there is an update and give them millions of hits and see other goodies and get tempted ie. New Macbook Pros mmmmm I'm also over here dying for a date as to when we're gonna be getting the iPad and I'm hoping we get both since we get ours in late April, otherwise I'll be stuck waiting yet even longer :mad:

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I already have the dock and my case form Apple. I bought the bluetooth keyboard at Best Buy ($20.00 Reward Zone gift certifuicate). Now I just want my iPad 3G. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Very strange. My Apple iPad case is STILL in Hong Kong. We're going on day #4 here. Unless FedEx has invented teleportation, I won't be receiving my case by the expected arrival date of April 15. This delay on the case certainly breeds speculation -- is the case waiting for my iPad 3G to catch up? ;)

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the shipment of accessories have any thing to do with the shipment of the ipad. I pre-ordered the dock/keyboard dock with the iPad 3G. The regular dock showed a shipment of April 3rd while the iPad and keyboard dock showed "late April" On the 10th of this month they shipped the keyboard dock even though it wasn't "late April" I don't this they are waiting to ship any accessories for the iPad to ship, doesn't make any sense.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I don't think the shipment of accessories have any thing to do with the shipment of the ipad. I pre-ordered the dock/keyboard dock with the iPad 3G. The regular dock showed a shipment of April 3rd while the iPad and keyboard dock showed "late April" On the 10th of this month they shipped the keyboard dock even though it wasn't "late April" I don't this they are waiting to ship any accessories for the iPad to ship, doesn't make any sense.

No, it doesn't really make much sense. But it also doesn't make much sense that my case would leave China, make it to a Hong Kong FedEx facility, and now sit there for four days when it's due here tomorrow. One theory that was previously posted is that if the 3G is on the verge of shipping, maybe some other shipments are being held up to prevent the possibility of shipping a 3G prematurely by mistake? I know that's unlikely, but I also think it's strange that my keyboard arrived without a hitch or delay, but now my case is enjoying several days of R&R in Hong Kong ;)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
No, it doesn't really make much sense. But it also doesn't make much sense that my case would leave China, make it to a Hong Kong FedEx facility, and now sit there for four days when it's due here tomorrow. One theory that was previously posted is that if the 3G is on the verge of shipping, maybe some other shipments are being held up to prevent the possibility of shipping a 3G prematurely by mistake? I know that's unlikely, but I also think it's strange that my keyboard arrived without a hitch or delay, but now my case is enjoying several days of R&R in Hong Kong ;)
I do not think that there is any link between the shipping of accessories and the 3G. It makes for fun speculation but it just isn't there.

I love watching the progress of my orders from origin to destination. I use Deliveries on my iPhone to do it. My experience convinces me that the FedEx data on Apple shipments that originate in the orient does not accurately reflect where the shipment is. It will often show only shipment and receipt or no movement followed by rapid movement.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I do not think that there is any link between the shipping of accessories and the 3G. It makes for fun speculation but it just isn't there.

I love watching the progress of my orders from origin to destination. I use Deliveries on my iPhone to do it. My experience convinces me that the FedEx data on Apple shipments that originate in the orient does not accurately reflect where the shipment is. It will often show only shipment and receipt or no movement followed by rapid movement.

So far there has been zero movement on my iPad 3G ;) It would be nice if Apple would throw us a bone. I guess since tomorrow is the 15th, any time after that is "late April", right? ;)

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
Doesn't the website say "Ships late April" not "Arrives late April"? Big difference. Apple could ship on the last day of April, so the iPads won't arrive until the first week of May.

kbreslaw

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
So much for my theory! Just checked the status of my iPad accessory shipment and it looks like, after six days in Hong Kong, it just touched down in Anchorage, AK. It would have been nice if the accessories had a traveling companion (iPad), but oh well.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't the website say "Ships late April" not "Arrives late April"? Big difference. Apple could ship on the last day of April, so the iPads won't arrive until the first week of May.
I thought this as well, until it was clarified in the announcement by Apple this morning about the international launch being delayed:

Although we have delivered more than 500,000 iPads during its first week, demand is far higher than we predicted and will likely continue to exceed our supply over the next several weeks as more people see and touch an iPad?. We have also taken a large number of pre-orders for iPad 3G models for delivery by the end of April.

That's pretty explicit that they'll be delivered by April 30th, not just shipped. Which means that, if the WiFi pre-orders were any indication, they should start shipping no later than on or around April 24th. In other words, unless they were flat out lying, they should start shipping iPad 3Gs in about 10 days.

And yet, we still don't have a solid release date. Hrm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro