STILL No date for 3g Ipad?

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
So, if there is fine tuning, does that imply they won't be able to finish "making" them to be put in boxes and shipped until a later date? May? :-O

I visit the WiFi iPad every few days at the Apple Store...which are sold out BTW.

Must hold on for 3G....must be strong...

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
It really is ridiculous that they haven't even given a release date yet. If they stick to their vague "late April" time line, then the very latest day they can release it is now less than 3 weeks away. Which means these things should be starting to ship out in less than 2 weeks.

So they're going to have to have them ready to ship in two weeks max, and yet they still can't give us an exact date yet? Are you kidding me Apple? If they're going to be delayed until May, that's fine, but they should know one way or another by this point. I don't understand why everyone is being kept in the dark here.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Maybe for even more headlines? The free publicity is worth a lot...

Exactly...anxious consumers waiting for the release date to be published keep the Ipad on the front page even after the initial hype regarding the launch begins to subside.

dutchinrichmond

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Almost caved.....

I visit the WiFi iPad every few days at the Apple Store...which are sold out BTW.

Must hold on for 3G....must be strong...

Same here..... I almost caved today..... seriously considered buying a 16GB wifi iPad to use for a few weeks, then sell on eBay once the 3G version is released.

parishyoung

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't mind an announcement already too.
We haven't even got the Wifi version available here in the UK.
Perhaps the 3G launch will coincide and that's what the delay is.
I'd imagine the network operators are being a pain also.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Very unapple like. I feel like I am dealing with Palm again. It seems unlikely that they can ship within three weeks when they still cannot say when that is. I have never understood the difference in schedule.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing April 24th - so it's a Saturday like it was in the US.
That would make sense, if not for the fact that it's less than 2 weeks away. If that were the case, why would they still not have given us a solid date yet?

I guess we'll know in about a week if people start getting shipping notifications...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
That would make sense, if not for the fact that it's less than 2 weeks away. If that were the case, why would they still not have given us a solid date yet?

I guess we'll know in about a week if people start getting shipping notifications...
Or if they don't. I got what I thought was my notice but it turned out to be for the case.

Individual shipping notices seems to be a poor way to announce the ship date. What about those who ordered for pickup? All on one day, or dribs and drabs?

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I received my case shipment notification also. Pure torture, I tell ya. In fact, I wrote a little diddy about this experience right here: Just received my shipment notification! For my iPad case

Having a date would certainly make it easier on all of us -- at least then we would know it's really going to happen. Maybe the way we will actually find out is not a shipment notification, but instead a sudden $$$ withdrawal from the account or credit card charge. ;)

aser713

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
This is killing me as well. I have the wifi iPad but I really regret not waiting for the 3G. With no jailbreak in sight for the iPhone 3.1.3 and my final day to return this thing looming nearby, I'm faced with a tough decision.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2