Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Sold on ebay for a bit more than i paid. I think i'm past the ipad fad. Even the 4 yr old stopped asking for it and favors my old iphone more. Wife never used it.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Huh... my almost 4 y.o. loves it. Definitely prefers it to "his" iPhone and asks for it all the time. It's definitely not magical nor the end-all-be-all of tech devices, but it's a handy gadget to have around the house. Definitely the best eReader I've ever had and the best way for me to browse the web away from my desk. Sorely lacking iOS4 features and I'm noticing that it could use more RAM (Safari page caching- or lack thereof) and definitely there's still a software gap compared to the iPhone, but those gripes aside, I'm still happy with mine.

I'm curious to see how I feel about the screen once I get my iPhone 4 activated (maybe tomorrow or definitely Monday).

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
That's fine. I gave it the ole college try twice (in that i took the first ipad back after two weeks..then repurchased another later). It just never found a place. I enjoy using iOS moreso on the iphone. And the iphone 4 rocks. Text just looks fuzzy on the ipad now. I actually read half a book last night on ibooks using the iphone 4.

May 22, 2009
Visit site
I still love my iPad..but don't use it as much since I got my iphone 4 : ) Too many screens to scroll through with all my apps! I think I will fall back in love with it when ios 4 comes out for the ipad in September..

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted to hate the iPad. At first glance i thought it was an overgrown iTouch. The first week it was announced I even made fun of people who were drooling over them. After their release, I must say, one visit to the Apple Store was all it took. It was ADDICTING. I used to be glued to my laptop, and now I don't remember the last time I even turned it on. It's a fast, shiny, simple product. Very easy to pick up. It does everything I need it to, most of the time. The only "beef" I guess I have with it, is when something pop's up in a webpage and would normally have scroll bars on it, the iPad's Safari browser does not have those scroll bars on it. An example would be almost anything on the FaceBook actual website.

I kind of "grew" out of the whole Xbox Live scene, so the iPad has taken over as my source of casual gaming, and I must say, performs really well in that aspect, and the amazing part is, it's just the begining.

Plants vs Zombies HD ftw. :)

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I was, but not much anymore

I was very happy when I first bought the iPad; since then though, the iPad simply collects dust in my house. I routinely check iTunes for new and interesting apps and routinely yawn and then go about my business.

For casual browsing, I now pretty much use my iPhone. For more serious computing, I bust out my MacBook Pro. The iPad simply doesn't fit any need. I am at least thankful I opted for the cheap 16GB version.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
I also think an ipad was for me. I had work buy me an ipad, and I cannot put it down. I have a an iphone which I have no use for other than a camera. But if I invest $ in apps, I might have to move to iphone next year if they get verizon. There is no way I am going to back ATT,

remypos

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the simplicity and easy usability of the iPad makes it addictive and interesting for me, too. It's more or less like a small netbook or so but easier to handle and of course it's lighter, you can take it everywhere.

freyaheart

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I love it!!! The best part has got to be reading books on it. I hardly use my laptop anymore, the way I used to, I think I may be getting a desktop and selling my laptop.

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Had I answered this the weekend after I got my iPad, I might have voted "NO", but now, I am very happy with it. My problem was that being a spoiled, jailbroken iPhone (3Gs) user for several months, I got used to real multi-tasking, screen customizations, file access, etc. I would have liked to have the same on my new iPad. So, I did jailbreak it, but I didn't get the same results...

Yes, it did multi-task, sort of. I'd be listening to streaming audio on one app and bring up Google Maps to see where I was going, only to have my audio streaming app close after a few minutes with Google Maps loaded--or vice versa. Nothing would stay active. The battery seemed to discharge way too quickly, as well. It got to be a mess!

Later, I read that while similar, the iPad was designed by a different development team than the iPod/iPhone and while they all used the same OS, there were differences. I discovered that a good experience with jailbreaking on the iPhone does not necessarily mean the same thing on an iPad.

So, after a frustrating weekend of traveling with my new iPad, I came home and fully restored it to factory settings. Now, it's just a plain vanilla iPad 32 3G, like Steve Jobs wants us to have, but it does a great job of doing what it's supposed to do.

My 3Gs iPhone? It's still humming along, jailbroken, at 3.1.2, but from what I hear, the new OS is pretty slick and the multi-tasking does work, sort of. So, my j.b. days may be over.... for now ;-)

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Awesome post. Thanks.
Had I answered this the weekend after I got my iPad, I might have voted "NO", but now, I am very happy with it. My problem was that being a spoiled, jailbroken iPhone (3Gs) user for several months, I got used to real multi-tasking, screen customizations, file access, etc. I would have liked to have the same on my new iPad. So, I did jailbreak it, but I didn't get the same results...

Yes, it did multi-task, sort of. I'd be listening to streaming audio on one app and bring up Google Maps to see where I was going, only to have my audio streaming app close after a few minutes with Google Maps loaded--or vice versa. Nothing would stay active. The battery seemed to discharge way too quickly, as well. It got to be a mess!

Later, I read that while similar, the iPad was designed by a different development team than the iPod/iPhone and while they all used the same OS, there were differences. I discovered that a good experience with jailbreaking on the iPhone does not necessarily mean the same thing on an iPad.

So, after a frustrating weekend of traveling with my new iPad, I came home and fully restored it to factory settings. Now, it's just a plain vanilla iPad 32 3G, like Steve Jobs wants us to have, but it does a great job of doing what it's supposed to do.

My 3Gs iPhone? It's still humming along, jailbroken, at 3.1.2, but from what I hear, the new OS is pretty slick and the multi-tasking does work, sort of. So, my j.b. days may be over.... for now ;-)

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
So I got my 32gb 3G yesterday. Today's the first day ive really played with it and I have to say I'm Honestly not too happy yet. Im Hoping this changes though. Im very dissapointed some of the apps I used the most havent been updated to support the iPad yet (ahem Facebook) and bank of America. I guess my expectation was really high. I have 14 days to return plus let's not forget about that stupid restocking fee but I guess that's the price I going to have to pay for making a split decision without doing a bit more research. I've gone to the apple store and handled it a few times and of course the store demos are filled with iPad compatible apps this didn't even occur to me as an issue. But now that I have it home I'm disappointed. I even bought the keyboard and dock because I was stoked to be getting one but now I don't know. Im hoping within the next 13 days that I fall in love with it. You guys have any insight for me?? Any inspiring words??? Btw I have a 32gb iPhone 4, a MacBook and now the 32gb 3G iPad. I got my iPad from best buy cause I have their credit card from there.

redmudbass

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My love has a Apple logo

I love my iPad so much!!!!!! I am running a wifi only model but in the area I live there is no such thing as a decent AT&T connection! So I feel I might have cut a leg off my iPad but it is not like I would be able to use 3G since, duh is does not exist in my area unless it is Verizon.

My iPad is always with me, il talk it out more once my Ipad cause from Apple comes in. So far I am using a net book case which works really well, considering is ace a pocket to carry other goods with me while under my arm or where ever it is for the time being.

I truly believe this is a magical and revolutionary device, but what do you expect from Apple :)

My iPad said, "Leave your BlackBerry and marry me"
I said, "Of course!"

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
So I got my 32gb 3G yesterday. Today's the first day ive really played with it and I have to say I'm Honestly not too happy yet. Im Hoping this changes though. Im very dissapointed some of the apps I used the most havent been updated to support the iPad yet (ahem Facebook) and bank of America. I guess my expectation was really high. I have 14 days to return plus let's not forget about that stupid restocking fee but I guess that's the price I going to have to pay for making a split decision without doing a bit more research. I've gone to the apple store and handled it a few times and of course the store demos are filled with iPad compatible apps this didn't even occur to me as an issue. But now that I have it home I'm disappointed. I even bought the keyboard and dock because I was stoked to be getting one but now I don't know. Im hoping within the next 13 days that I fall in love with it. You guys have any insight for me?? Any inspiring words??? Btw I have a 32gb iPhone 4, a MacBook and now the 32gb 3G iPad. I got my iPad from best buy cause I have their credit card from there.

Not to be hater, but I agree with your thoughts. I did my homework and was excited for some of the potential of the iPad. After having it for a couple of months now, I wish I would have passed. I do think this device has some good features for those that don't have an iPhone or Macbook. But if you have an iPhone and a Macbook like me, I find this device gets little to no use. The app selection is mediocre, the web browsing is pretty poor (I am not a fan of flash, but if I have to bust out my laptop to view a webpage, what is the point?), and I am not a fan of typing on this device.

I am truly bummed because I thought this would be a device that would take the place of my laptop and be a highly used item in my household. Instead, I got an overpriced eReader with lackluster performance.