Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I am loving mine except for two issues:
1) I can't upload photos to Facebook with safari
2) When my wife is sleeping with her head on my chest, it's a bit heavy to hold one handed and read upside down....lol

I kept my Facebook for iPhone app on my iPad primarily for uploading photos. I generally use Safari for Facebook.

bilbothejust

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Definitely love it. I have a laptop when I absolutely have to do spreadsheet work or use some flash site BUT those are mundane tasks. When I turn on the iPad it is pure joy and fun. Great surfing (I don't frequent many flash sites, although I would love to see Hulu and Comedy Central move to HTML5). My biggest gripe is with the calendar. No ICS supports for accepting meeting requests BUT if you use the iPad Safari and use Gmail you can select HTML mode at the bottom of the page and then the ICS works to manage requests. I wish this were built into the iPad calendar. Also, a tap on a date should open a new appointment dialog instead of clicking on the '+' key at the bottom. Dumb. Other than that, awesome eReader, ABC player rocks, Netflix awesome...oh yeah one more thing...how about a native clock app...hellooooooooo.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I think it is pure garbage. The bezels are too big. It doesn't have a built in cd rom. No user removeable battery. No Flash, and we all know Flash is THE building block of Al Gore's interwebz. The screen isn't big enough. It's too heavy. There's no physical keyboard. No upgradeable RAM. No usb port or card reader. No firewire port. Microsoft Office is not on the App Store. Let's see, I think that's about it. :)

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I think it is pure garbage. The bezels are too big. It doesn't have a built in cd rom. No user removeable battery. No Flash, and we all know Flash is THE building block of Al Gore's interwebz. The screen isn't big enough. It's too heavy. There's no physical keyboard. No upgradeable RAM. No usb port or card reader. No firewire port. Microsoft Office is not on the App Store. Let's see, I think that's about it. :)

Joking, are you?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, maybe I was talking about the Macbook Air. That's what all the people were saying about that, too. And yes, I LOVE my iPad. Love it. :)

Nemisportsman

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am rarely without it. It is definitely not a business machine... Works well for reference at my healthcare job. Superb newsreader,web browser, forum machine, and media device.

I hope it will become even more versatile in the future.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
The Netflix streaming via 3G, virtually anywhere, is really doing it for me. The speeds are faster than I've gotten from sharing a Pre's internet connection.

Too bad about the ABC app's wifi-only limitation. Ditto for the 20MB dowbload item limit.

EDIT: it seems that ABC has provided an update. The app now plays via 3G, as well. THANK YOU.

Last edited:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I'm enjoying all the time I get to spend with my iPad. I've been using it for some internet blogging as well. Sometimes I still have to go to the desktop or laptop for the more heavy lifting, but otherwise, the iPad is very capable and I love the form factor.

Sawinator

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
iPad is better than I expected

I bought a 32GB wi-fi only iPad. It's better than I even expected. The large screen looks great, apps are generally snappy in performance, and the small footprint as compared to my MacBook Pro lends itself to going nearly everywhere with me.
The thing I find really interesting is the reaction from my friends. These are men from 40 to 70 years old, and they all LOVE the iPad! a few of them already use iPhones, so all I have to tell them is "you already know how to use it". The guys who don't have iPhone also quickly get comfortable using it. I see more converts on the horizon.

Mad-dog-one

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site

... and besides that, it only weighs 1.5 to 1.6 pounds and is so tiny that it will be easily lost. Everybody know that, like gold and other precious minerals, things of value are big, heavy and flashy. What we really need is an "iBoard" that has a 52" display, 200 watt speakers, weight (at least 50 pounds), alot of flashing lights and shiny chrome surfaces. A ultra high resolution camera with a 100x optical zoom, light and electron microscopic features and a flash that doubles as either a tanning light or x-ray maching would also be nice additions for the iBoard.

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm loving my 64gb WiFi + 3G version. So much nicer to surf the net, email, watch movies, read books and much more on a larger screen. Add to the fact I don't have to boot up the laptop for these simple tasks is so nice.
I can't wait for the Canadian wireless companies to announce data plans for the iPad. Oh wait, I'm sure they'll be charging an arm and a leg - it's just the Canadian way.

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on your iPad purchases! I've been passing the time playing Canabalt 2.99 on my laptop. I bear reading the technology blogs discussing about iPad, but i have just gotten over it. Maybe i'll get Notion Ink Adam or HP Slate.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Congrats on your iPad purchases! I've been passing the time playing Canabalt 2.99 on my laptop. I bear reading the technology blogs discussing about iPad, but i have just gotten over it. Maybe i'll get Notion Ink Adam or HP Slate.

Sources are inconsistent, but from what I've heard, the HP Slate has been cancelled. Just an FYI.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm loving my 64gb WiFi + 3G version. So much nicer to surf the net, email, watch movies, read books and much more on a larger screen. Add to the fact I don't have to boot up the laptop for these simple tasks is so nice.

Indeed.

The quick and consistent turn on, boot, reboot, etc is so reliable it spoils you.

The lack of heat isn't mentioned often enough, though. I love that I can put this thing on my bed without worrying if the sheets are blocking the vents and cooking my device...or my legs!

Sarcone

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Had mine since Tuesday and I haven't put it down much at all. I love the fact that I can read a book, pop onto the web, check my email, play a quick game all while laying in bed without the bulk of my laptop. I could do all that on my iPhone, but I got tired of concentrating on the small screen, especially when reading. I mean I could only read a couple of paragraphs per page and that got old. With iBooks I feel almost like I'm reading a hardcopy. And the light from the screen doesn't bother my husband like the nightstand lamp does.

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Indeed.

The quick and consistent turn on, boot, reboot, etc is so reliable it spoils you.

The lack of heat isn't mentioned often enough, though. I love that I can put this thing on my bed without worrying if the sheets are blocking the vents and cooking my device...or my legs!

Yup - my legs are thanking me.

JustinTime

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
I am super happy with my iPad..I don't have to lug around my laptop for every single thing..I already have to work on my laptop all day. It nice to have a bigger screen than the iphone and something lighter than my macbook...so I am in cloud nine.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
My 24 hour experience has been wonderful. I worked night shift last night as well as tonight, but I couldn't put the thing down this morning! Since yesterday, I've gotten all of my content on it, responded to some online classwork, played some games, watched some videos and of course listened to some podcasts. The wonderful thing for me is that even though I carry an iPhone, I can do all my multimedia type things from the iPad and save my iPhone battery life for ... well ... the phone! So far I have not had any regrets on my purchase. I did have one at first with my University of Phoenix website causing freezes in Safari due to Flash (ugh), but there is a work around I found fairly easily.

Chavista

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I Am Wayyy Satisfied

However I chose to get the Wi-Fi only model only because I dam sure not going to let AT$T Pull more money out of my already depleted pockets. Am paying for 2 iphones already, and see no need to get the 3g model which i dont really need.
:p