Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
No, exchange is simply the type of account you choose on the ipad when creating your account.

You'll enter in your google account info per the directions. You don't actually need exchange or all that.

But once you've completed entering the info, you'll get "push" email, contacts, and calendar from your google account. That means, enter a contact on your Pre, it'll be pushed to your ipad...and vice versa.

Try it...you'll like this..

Extremely helpful. Thanks.

No way would I have figured out something so counter-intuitive, on my own.

Now, I'm disappointed that the podcast only said you couldn't SEE all of your Google calendars at the same time. I assume I could at least switch between them!

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPad, I too agree that my iPhone screen is now really small. I want more iPad apps, the big screen is so great.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I am less happy with it by the hour.

There is a lot that is missing or inconvenient or apparently designed with the Apple-faithful in-mind.

I spend too much time wrestling with wifi (getting worse the more places I go) and dealing with, not just the painful lack of multitasking, but also the lack of workarounds to help us cope with the situation.

Every time I install an app, having to swipe twice to get back to the main screen, then click the App Store icon, then wait on it to load, THEN note how it did NOT return me to the exact spot I was in before so I will have to navigator my way back there to install the other apps in that section... I get a little more pissed.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Waiting impatiently for the 3Gg model. Apple simply does not understand my need for instant gratification! But wait I will. Plan to order it online this week. Stopped by the Apple Store to play with the iPad, loved it, gotta have it. No really. I am great at convincing myself that it is not a matter of 'want' but a matter of 'need'. Hope to respond to the poll soon with a 'yes' I'm happy with my iPad!

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Debating whether to keep it or not.

Working with documents between the various apps is a pain. Printing is a problem. Browser is awesome.

I really want this to replace my laptop but I can't find enough work arounds to do it. It's mainly used for games or browsing at home at this time. When I'm out and about, I'm finding that I go for the iPhone more often this the iPad. Which is bad considering I paid $700 for this thing.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Debating whether to keep it or not.

Working with documents between the various apps is a pain. Printing is a problem. Browser is awesome.

I really want this to replace my laptop but I can't find enough work arounds to do it. It's mainly used for games or browsing at home at this time. When I'm out and about, I'm finding that I go for the iPhone more often this the iPad. Which is bad considering I paid $700 for this thing.

You've pretty much summed it up. 499-699..and lets be honest, it could easily get to a thousand quick buying new apps, books, new HD video in itunes, etc...is too much for a device that allows you to sit around the house slow browsing and playing games that you can't really control or use well. It's a pretty screen though..

Then there's the time spent having to sort through ipad apps, iphone apps, universal apps, converting video to ipad res, storing videos for iphone, ipad and in original resolution.

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I have only had a few minor instances of WiFi giving me trouble.

Other than that it has performed quite well for me. Pretty much replaced my MacBook.. I'll probably end up selling my less than a year old MBP and simply use the iPad as my carry to class device and a iMac as my at home computer.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Damned iPad refreshed the screen before I posted, apparently. Lost it all.

Long/short: Not being able to use the iPad until you sync it to a computer. Serious buzz kill. Sorry, 90's flashback.

For that matter, the way that iTunes syncs, not to mention it's sad, wired necessity, is a gigantic pain.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
How many times do you actually plug it in? Unless I specifically want to sync to iTunes (which is very rare), I don't bother. There's no need.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
How many times do you actually plug it in? Unless I specifically want to sync to iTunes (which is very rare), I don't bother. There's no need.

There is plenty of need, depending on how one defines the term, (backing up apps, adding/removing pix and music and podcasts*) but it is such a pain that, for me anyway, it is hardly worth doing. I do it as infrequently as I can get away with.

* - since there is no way to have the iPad automatically download new podcasts OR EVEN initiate an "update all" feature, either I download all of my podcasts manually on the device, at the various and inconvenient times that they're available, or I sync with iTunes.

It is a pain.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
A pain? Plugging it in doesn't take any real effort, and you can do something else while it syncs. So I still don't see the problem.

By that standard, NOTHING is a pain.

Just some examples that matter to me: It takes too long, doesn't charge while syncing, and requires tethering my device to my pc instead it being autonomous.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site

Just some examples that matter to me: It takes too long, doesn't charge while syncing, and requires tethering my device to my pc instead it being autonomous.

I agree about the stupid need to tether to iTunes to sync podcasts. Why can't iTunes on the device sync and download podcasts?

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com

No. By that standard, plugging in an iPad to the computer isn't a pain.

So, your points are:

1. It takes too long,
  2. The iPad doesn't charge while plugged in, and
  3. Tethering means the iPad isn't autonomous.

Well, if you use wireless sync, then:

1. It will likely take longer,
  2. The iPad still won't charge, and
  3. The iPad still won't be autonomous because it will still require the PC to be on for syncing.

So what was the point again? Oh yeah... a reason to complain. Got it.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
No. By that standard, plugging in an iPad to the computer isn't a pain.

So, your points are:

1. It takes too long,
  2. The iPad doesn't charge while plugged in, and
  3. Tethering means the iPad isn't autonomous.

Well, if you use wireless sync, then:

1. It will likely take longer,
  2. The iPad still won't charge, and
  3. The iPad still won't be autonomous because it will still require the PC to be on for syncing.

So what was the point again? Oh yeah... a reason to complain. Got it.

Not really. While I see how you drew some of those conclusions, there are some dots you aren't connecting.

It is unfortunate that you've taken this combative tone and assumed that I have nothing better to do than pay hundreds of dollars for a device so that I can complain on a message board. Otherwise, we might have a productive conversation.

Maybe you're having a bad day, today, and we'll have that productive conversation some other time. I don't know, but I am going to fight my knee-jerk reaction and just wish you a good day.

akg8r

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ease of use

I love the ease of use, the screen size, the whole touch screen feel, the apps that have come out for it so far are pretty good. Love the updated OS compared to what's on the iPhone right now.

I don't like the fact that took the weather app out and the calculator app. I use those quite frequently on my iPhone and which it was on the iPad as well.

Back to the things I love:
the iBook app the store is amazing but wished the prices were a few dollars less.
The upgrade to the iPod
The calendar upgrade
The ABC app. CBS where are you?? :D

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
So far I am very happy with my iPad. I was originally skeptical and was not planning to buy it; I have an iPhone 3GS and was having a hard time justifying the cost. But after checking it out at an Apple store I was amazed at how much can be done on it. Sure if you need hardcore capabilities (i.e Photoshop, complex spreadsheets) it may not fit your needs. But for just casual web browsing, quick emails, games, books, this is a cool device. I was considering the 3G but I utilize this much like my laptop; I use it while watching sports at home on the couch or at Starbucks. For me, it didn't make sense to spend the extra bread on something I won't utilize. The only dissappointment for me if I had one is the inability to easily print from the device. I was really hoping this may be a laptop replacement but it really can't be as you really have to be able to sync it with something.

sbrianw

Jun 6, 2009
twitter.com
Howdy y'all!

I like it! Can't really see any deal breakers yet, but Pages does have a few kinks in it. I didn't expect it to be a laptop replacement - but maybe a really large pumped up iPod touch. For those of us who are blind as a bat, the bigger screen helps. It's a great web browsing and e-reader device, which was what I was hoping for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR