Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Simple question.... after you vote be sure to post your reasoning no matter what you choose.

I voted yes simply because it has impressed me more than I ever expected it would. Then I thought that feeling may disappear but it hasn't. For basic functions such as browsing, games, eBooks, etc... it is a amazing device.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm VERY happy with my iPad! I primarily use it at home on the couch or in bed. Normally, I'd be on the couch or in bed with my MacBook which got annoying sometimes because of it's size (it's only a 13'') and the heat it produces. With the iPad, my entire lap isn't taken up and I can have my doggies hang out on my lap while I browse the internet, play games, read, and reply to emails. It's wonderful :)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yes, especially if i look at it as a consumption device. That does the main things Rene pointed out in his review. Big enough for my daughter and i to share which is fun as well with her apps.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
Yep. Very happy. It matches what I expected to get out of such a device.

Well... almost. If Apple releases an extension for Aperture (library browsing and maintenance, perhaps) and Logic Pro (effects manipulation and possibly mix or transport control), then I'm all set.

tomuky

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Faster-Fast

I love my new iPad simply because it is the fastest internet browsing machine I have ever owned. And then comes the rich supply of iPad Applications at my fingertips. Also, showing off pictures has never been more fun and exciting for others to see. I love it!

Reactions: PREferred#IM

Henselj

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
First, I am a Windows PC person.

My expectations were not outrageous. I wanted a back light to better read books and newspapers. Web, e-mail and calendar were next. Movies a close #3. The iPad does these very well, the device is built very well and very easy to use. It is NOT a replacement device for my phone or laptop. It is an incremental device. iPhone apps are what they are and OK for me. iPad apps are quite nice indeed.

If a comparable Windows device was ready, I would likely have gone for it. Having Microsoft Office Onenote would be the big difference as I use it daily.

jawe347

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm disappointed that I cant scroll when viewing yahoo mail or msn mail on safari, lack of apps (I know it's new), lack of Bluetooth mic, otherwise it is a nice piece of eye candy

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Very nice for what it is. And it's only going to get better in the next few months. The only real negative for me is the lack of a file system. Come April 8 I'm hoping this will be solved.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes, definitely happy although I've only had it for about 3 hours! But very excited and love it already. Took me about 45 seconds to register with the NetFlix app and start streaming movies from my queue!

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
There is no, "so far" qualifier, so I chose "yes."

The battery life is absolutely insane (in a positive way). Browsing is impressive as sell, even though the Flash restriction rears its ugly head once in a while.

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I am digging the iPad. Not digging how many fingerprints it collects, but at least you can't see them when the screen is lit. It is lightning quick and having already been an iPhone user, the UI seemed second nature to me. Can't wait until more iPad apps are released.
My wife is not so sold on it though. She can't open attachments in her Hotmail account and she wants Flash. We were going to sell our MacBook but maybe we'll just have to hold on to it. Oh darn.

Brownda85

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I am also very happy with the IPad. At first I was worried that the lack of flash would hurt the experience but have found that most of the websites I go to support the HTML5. I am sure that there will be more sites to come.

gopherhockey

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I am really enjoying the device. Not necessarily an early adopter, I did go into this not quite knowing the full value of the device. With each passing day I discover things that don't work as well as I thought, but find new and interesting uses as well.

One big thing it has done is gotten me out of my computer room at home and out into the rest of the house. I'm discovering rooms I didn't even know were there. :p

audiorack

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Ipad + Netflix

The Netflix (video on demand /streaming) app on the iPad is awesome. The video quality is excellent. The battery life -- I watched 2 movies and surfed the net -- lasted over 14 hours!

AarontheRed

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I love it. I knew I wanted one eventually, but I really didn't think I was going to buy one on launch day. I told myself (and my wife) that I just wanted to get my hands on one and try it out, but once I was there I decided pretty quickly that I was taking one home. It was the first time I'd ever stood in line for any type of product launch. The whole experience was really fun and exciting - even more so than I thought it would be.

I'm super-happy that I decided to go ahead and get one. I've been completely blown away by the battery life (and now have big hopes that the next iPhone will be much better in this department). I really love the way I can interact with everything through the device - Twitter, Facebook, Internet, games. It really does feel like you're holding the web in your hands (or however Steve Jobs said it). The screen is responsive and beautiful. Pictures and videos look awesome on it. I'm much more of a consumer of media than a creator of it, and it suits my digital needs to a T.

One of the only things I don't like is that my iPhone now seems teeny-tiny after using the iPad. I was happy with the iPhone's screen before, but post-iPad I really feel like the next-gen iPhone needs a bigger screen!

Tfy2007

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
IPad - A game changer

There is nobody else that would have taken the chance on a niche product such as the IPad but Steve Job and Apple. Microsoft is just a shell of what they used to be. Google is trying to figure out if they are a software or hardware company. Dell? HP?
It has a fantastic screen, leading edge battery life, a keyboard that I am really impressed with, solid build quality, access to a world of talent via the app store, IBookstore, ITunes & things we haven't even thought of yet. This is a tool that will spur more innovation and competion. That's what we need. I bought 2 of these and we are still amazed at the things it can do for it's size. Yes, there are software issues that need to worked out. But that can be refined. These kinds of things don't come along everyday and I am glad I have an opportunity to be a part of it.

tomuky

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I am digging the iPad. Not digging how many fingerprints it collects, but at least you can't see them when the screen is lit. It is lightning quick and having already been an iPhone user, the UI seemed second nature to me. Can't wait until more iPad apps are released.
My wife is not so sold on it though. She can't open attachments in her Hotmail account and she wants Flash. We were going to sell our MacBook but maybe we'll just have to hold on to it. Oh darn.
Farmdreads: Do what I'm doing. Get the Invisbible Shield Screen Protector from ZAGG.com to keep the finger prints clean. I have this for my Blackberry, iPod Touch, TomTom, and now my iPad. It should solve your problem with the fingerprints. It's a very high quality screen protector that doesn't get greasy and protects your iPad for life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh