View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPad

Voters
342. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

323 94.44%
  • No

19 5.56%
    Had I answered this the weekend after I got my iPad, I might have voted "NO", but now, I am very happy with it. My problem was that being a spoiled, jailbroken iPhone (3Gs) user for several months, I got used to real multi-tasking, screen customizations, file access, etc. I would have liked to have the same on my new iPad. So, I did jailbreak it, but I didn't get the same results...

Yes, it did multi-task, sort of. I'd be listening to streaming audio on one app and bring up Google Maps to see where I was going, only to have my audio streaming app close after a few minutes with Google Maps loaded--or vice versa. Nothing would stay active. The battery seemed to discharge way too quickly, as well. It got to be a mess!

Later, I read that while similar, the iPad was designed by a different development team than the iPod/iPhone and while they all used the same OS, there were differences. I discovered that a good experience with jailbreaking on the iPhone does not necessarily mean the same thing on an iPad.

So, after a frustrating weekend of traveling with my new iPad, I came home and fully restored it to factory settings. Now, it's just a plain vanilla iPad 32 3G, like Steve Jobs wants us to have, but it does a great job of doing what it's supposed to do.

My 3Gs iPhone? It's still humming along, jailbroken, at 3.1.2, but from what I hear, the new OS is pretty slick and the multi-tasking does work, sort of. So, my j.b. days may be over.... for now ;-)
    06-29-2010 01:51 PM
    How I can write PM to other users? Thanx
    06-29-2010 02:57 PM
    Awesome post. Thanks.
    Had I answered this the weekend after I got my iPad, I might have voted "NO", but now, I am very happy with it. My problem was that being a spoiled, jailbroken iPhone (3Gs) user for several months, I got used to real multi-tasking, screen customizations, file access, etc. I would have liked to have the same on my new iPad. So, I did jailbreak it, but I didn't get the same results...

Yes, it did multi-task, sort of. I'd be listening to streaming audio on one app and bring up Google Maps to see where I was going, only to have my audio streaming app close after a few minutes with Google Maps loaded--or vice versa. Nothing would stay active. The battery seemed to discharge way too quickly, as well. It got to be a mess!

Later, I read that while similar, the iPad was designed by a different development team than the iPod/iPhone and while they all used the same OS, there were differences. I discovered that a good experience with jailbreaking on the iPhone does not necessarily mean the same thing on an iPad.

So, after a frustrating weekend of traveling with my new iPad, I came home and fully restored it to factory settings. Now, it's just a plain vanilla iPad 32 3G, like Steve Jobs wants us to have, but it does a great job of doing what it's supposed to do.

My 3Gs iPhone? It's still humming along, jailbroken, at 3.1.2, but from what I hear, the new OS is pretty slick and the multi-tasking does work, sort of. So, my j.b. days may be over.... for now ;-)
    06-29-2010 03:07 PM
    So I got my 32gb 3G yesterday. Today's the first day ive really played with it and I have to say I'm Honestly not too happy yet. Im Hoping this changes though. Im very dissapointed some of the apps I used the most havent been updated to support the iPad yet (ahem Facebook) and bank of America. I guess my expectation was really high. I have 14 days to return plus let's not forget about that stupid restocking fee but I guess that's the price I going to have to pay for making a split decision without doing a bit more research. I've gone to the apple store and handled it a few times and of course the store demos are filled with iPad compatible apps this didn't even occur to me as an issue. But now that I have it home I'm disappointed. I even bought the keyboard and dock because I was stoked to be getting one but now I don't know. Im hoping within the next 13 days that I fall in love with it. You guys have any insight for me?? Any inspiring words??? Btw I have a 32gb iPhone 4, a MacBook and now the 32gb 3G iPad. I got my iPad from best buy cause I have their credit card from there.
    06-29-2010 08:22 PM
    i am very happy with my iPad
    07-03-2010 02:45 AM
    I love my iPad so much!!!!!! I am running a wifi only model but in the area I live there is no such thing as a decent AT&T connection! So I feel I might have cut a leg off my iPad but it is not like I would be able to use 3G since, duh is does not exist in my area unless it is Verizon.

My iPad is always with me, il talk it out more once my Ipad cause from Apple comes in. So far I am using a net book case which works really well, considering is ace a pocket to carry other goods with me while under my arm or where ever it is for the time being.

I truly believe this is a magical and revolutionary device, but what do you expect from Apple

My iPad said, "Leave your BlackBerry and marry me"
    I said, "Of course!"
    07-05-2010 03:31 AM
    So I got my 32gb 3G yesterday. Today's the first day ive really played with it and I have to say I'm Honestly not too happy yet. Im Hoping this changes though. Im very dissapointed some of the apps I used the most havent been updated to support the iPad yet (ahem Facebook) and bank of America. I guess my expectation was really high. I have 14 days to return plus let's not forget about that stupid restocking fee but I guess that's the price I going to have to pay for making a split decision without doing a bit more research. I've gone to the apple store and handled it a few times and of course the store demos are filled with iPad compatible apps this didn't even occur to me as an issue. But now that I have it home I'm disappointed. I even bought the keyboard and dock because I was stoked to be getting one but now I don't know. Im hoping within the next 13 days that I fall in love with it. You guys have any insight for me?? Any inspiring words??? Btw I have a 32gb iPhone 4, a MacBook and now the 32gb 3G iPad. I got my iPad from best buy cause I have their credit card from there.
    Not to be hater, but I agree with your thoughts. I did my homework and was excited for some of the potential of the iPad. After having it for a couple of months now, I wish I would have passed. I do think this device has some good features for those that don't have an iPhone or Macbook. But if you have an iPhone and a Macbook like me, I find this device gets little to no use. The app selection is mediocre, the web browsing is pretty poor (I am not a fan of flash, but if I have to bust out my laptop to view a webpage, what is the point?), and I am not a fan of typing on this device.

I am truly bummed because I thought this would be a device that would take the place of my laptop and be a highly used item in my household. Instead, I got an overpriced eReader with lackluster performance.
    07-07-2010 12:21 AM
    Hi everybody, I just want to say hello! How is everyone??
    07-07-2010 12:40 AM
    Wow... Spam is out of control.
    07-07-2010 04:02 AM
    Yes! Selling my Touch for iPad is very worth it!
    07-07-2010 04:32 AM
    Wow... Spam is out of control.
    report it, it does get taken care of
    07-07-2010 12:47 PM
    Clearly the iPad isn't for everyone. I initially used mine like crazy then went through a spell where it sat a bit. Then over the last couple of weeks I've been taking it with me a good bit. Just an example today while I was waiting on my meal to be served I was able to do several things very quickly on my iPad. If I would have had to use my iPhone it would have been really time consuming.

I think you have to integrate it into your life. I have found that there are some apps that have not been updated for the iPad, but that isn't Apple's fault. That is the dev team for those apps. You take Facebook. What the hell are they waiting on? Upgrade your stupid app already!

The ownership cost is pretty good for a device that is somewhat limited. It isn't a laptop replacement, so whoever thought that I have to say you didn't really do your homework very well. I think the iPad is more of a device for consuming content, much more so than being a productivity device. Though you can do some productivity it is still somewhat limited. I think over time this thing will expand in capability.

I do sometimes wish I had waited for the 2nd generation, but for now I am happy with it. I watched a couple of shows on ABC app last night before going to bed. This evening I watched a movie in Netflix while my wife was entertaining some female friends in a baby shower.

For me it was worth it. But I can see that it would not be for everyone!
    Last edited by OTACORB; 07-11-2010 at 06:39 PM.
    07-09-2010 02:44 AM
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-11-2010 05:51 PM
    I am happy with my iPad, but it seems incredibly fragile, and it needs a case. I've seen stuff like DODO and the normal apple one. The dodo is too bulky, and the apple case is too flimsy and I think has a flaw in the design. I just checked out Caveman Case Co. and they have some really nice stuff thats right in the middle. Here's the site, its a couple bucks less than the dodo, and personally i think it looks much nicer cavemancase .com is the site.
    07-12-2010 09:19 AM
    I love my iPad. I got one super cheap when a buddy of mine wanted to upgrade to the 3G version. I use it every day and rarely need to turn on my laptop at home anymore.
    07-12-2010 11:32 AM
    There is no reason i shouldn't love it..it is a great device with amazing visuals and functionality. I am traveling a lot and definitely comes in handy.
    07-12-2010 02:22 PM
    I'm extremely pleased with mine. I use it at home to browse the web, read and write email, gaming by myself and sometimes with my daughter, reading books, streaming netflix movies, and watching ABC tv shows.

At work it replaces my notepads in meetings. No more losing the notes I've taken.

For heavy duty computing I switch to my desktop, but for casual usage this has replaced my laptop.
    07-14-2010 10:40 AM
    Just got a new iPad case "Padbook - Linen" from online store - pianomedia.net It is very suitable for me to bring along my COOL Apple wireless BT keyboard when using iPad on the road. Merging the idea of an iPad case and the image of a netbook... Now I don't need to use the onscreen keyboard for Email and office work!
    07-16-2010 12:23 AM
    I have had my iPad for exactly 47 hours and I couldn't be happier! It is a wonderful thing not to have to put on my glasses to see or do anything on it. My 2 yr old grandson used to love the aquarium app on my iPhone. I can't wait until he sees it on this!

Kathy in NC
    07-17-2010 10:58 AM
    I difinitely like my iPad, the super thrilling functions and powerful interface experience make me crazy.
    07-19-2010 03:20 AM
    I love it. I had some serious buyer's remorse for a few days, then I started using it regularly in my day to day routine. I probably use it for 85% of my daily computing needs.
    08-01-2010 03:56 PM
    I love it. I had some serious buyer's remorse for a few days, then I started using it regularly in my day to day routine. I probably use it for 85% of my daily computing needs.
    I'm right there with you. When I first bought it, I was like AMAZING. Then the day after, it hit me. I just spent $650 on this thing!?!?! Now I use it for the majority of anything I do online. But I still have the trusty laptop for the more hardcore stuff.
    08-01-2010 04:03 PM
    I love my new iPad simply because it is the fastest internet browsing machine I have ever owned. And then comes the rich supply of iPad Applications at my fingertips. Also, showing off pictures has never been more fun and exciting for others to see. I love it!
    Well said, I second the comments
    08-01-2010 05:26 PM
    There is a problem with it- overheat!
    08-03-2010 03:20 AM
    Yes, I'm from the Philippines and we're able to get it at a higher price. Though we still believe it's a best buy.
    08-04-2010 02:05 AM
292 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD