View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPad

Voters
342. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

323 94.44%
  • No

19 5.56%
    However I chose to get the Wi-Fi only model only because I dam sure not going to let AT$T Pull more money out of my already depleted pockets. Am paying for 2 iphones already, and see no need to get the 3g model which i dont really need.
    I debated the same thing, but I sure am glad I a have the 3G now.
    1) I have a real GPS, and it's way faster and more accurate than the one on my iPhone.
    2) I decided to try the AT&T plan, and never quite realized how much I relied on access to "the cloud" with my iPhone. I'll probably fork over my $30 a month to the overloads of bad access just cause I need the connectivity.
    05-13-2010 12:33 AM
    does anyone think it would be worth it to get a 3g ipad, ditch the iphone data plan and just use a dumb phone?
    05-15-2010 01:11 AM
    does anyone think it would be worth it to get a 3g ipad, ditch the iphone data plan and just use a dumb phone?
    I wouldn't give up MY smartphone, at this point. It is so much more easily carried around. Besides, dumbphones have too many down-sides. That's why I gave them up, in the first place.
    05-15-2010 01:16 AM
    I love my iPad, only really use my iPhone to call ppl and use my Macbook Pro for school work using Word etc
    05-15-2010 02:43 AM
    Yes definitely I am very happy with my Ipad...Now no need to carry my laptop every where...Just can carry a handy device.... Reading e books on iPad is the best part I just loved it..
    05-15-2010 03:24 AM
    Overall, I am happy with my iPad WiFi+3G. However, I am still waiting for more quality apps to be converted over to the iPad (i.e. - SlingPlayer, BNO News, Engadget App, Mint.com, to name a few...)
    05-15-2010 05:46 PM
    Overall, I am happy with my iPad WiFi+3G. However, I am still waiting for more quality apps to be converted over to the iPad (i.e. - SlingPlayer, BNO News, Engadget App, Mint.com, to name a few...)
    Damned good point about the apps. I feel like I spend too much AND like I can't spend as much as I want to because of the stuff that is (/seems to be) missing.
    05-15-2010 07:24 PM
    Yeah, I guess that is why apple allowed emulation of iPhone apps on the iPad. You technically can still use those apps they just aren't /better/ than before yet.
    05-15-2010 09:17 PM
    I love my iPad, only really use my iPhone to call ppl and use my Macbook Pro for school work using Word etc
    I use pages for my word processing on the iPad along with my keyboard.

The only thing is that for my schooling, you have to upload a word doc sometimes and you can't upload from the iPad because so far as i can see, it is not supported. Would be nice to have the functionality to "browse to a local spot" and upload.
    05-15-2010 10:00 PM
    I use pages for my word processing on the iPad along with my keyboard.

The only thing is that for my schooling, you have to upload a word doc sometimes and you can't upload from the iPad because so far as i can see, it is not supported. Would be nice to have the functionality to "browse to a local spot" and upload.
    EDIT: I just found a Dropbox forum that suggests the iWork suite does not currently support It. People have considered different workarounds, though, so i will leave the rest of my post intact in case it leads to other ideas. Sorry.

I don't know a lot about what the product I am going to mention or about your situation but have you considered Dropbox? It is an app that offers online/cloud storage that is compatible with the iPad and personal computers. So, it has some ability (depending on other app support) to up- and download files for use with specific apps.

You get 2gigs of storage for free. You can pay for more if you like. I just got it and am only using the 2 gigs, but besides music and photos, one thing I DO know is that you can use PDF documents pretty easily this way. I am sorry, but I have never used Pages.
    05-16-2010 10:22 AM
    I don't have one.
    05-17-2010 05:59 AM
    Simple question.... after you vote be sure to post your reasoning no matter what you choose.

I voted yes simply because it has impressed me more than I ever expected it would. Then I thought that feeling may disappear but it hasn't. For basic functions such as browsing, games, eBooks, etc... it is a amazing device.
    If i have one, i will be very happy with it.
    05-17-2010 06:00 AM
    It won't do as much as my google phone and what it does it does poorly.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR WEPAD (oops wetab - it was renamed - cough)
    05-17-2010 08:29 PM
    just got my ipad today, a day before it was expected by fedex...everything works so far and i am happy with it so far
    05-17-2010 09:56 PM
    It won't do as much as my google phone and what it does it does poorly.
    Yeah, right.
    05-18-2010 04:44 PM
    All I can say is, I haven't had to pick up my home laptop once since I got my iPad. I'm using it so little (none) that I'm probably going to just sell it now, or give it to a family member.

I think that speaks for itself.
    05-18-2010 05:35 PM
    I really do like my iPad, but I'm wishing it was slightly more robust -- no Flash is a real drawback and negatively affects me for using my iPad for blogging. Sigh.
    05-18-2010 06:27 PM
    Use Wordpress. No flash needed.
    05-19-2010 09:30 AM
    I am happy with my ipad and i rarely use my laptop now.
    I can't wait for the multitasking. Fall is just so far away!
    05-27-2010 01:48 AM
    I love my iPad but I wish it could do the following:

1. Flash: I knew the iPad wouldn't have it when I bought it, and I didn't think I would miss it but I love reading articles on BGR, Giz, and occasionally Engadget, and they ALL still use flash embedded video. Really sucks having to go to my laptop for something the iPad should be able to handle.

2. Better Safari. I don't like that I can't upload pictures to Facebook or other sites. I wish apple would have treated the iPad as more of a computer then a read only device.

3. Camera. There really needs to be a iSight camera on the iPad.
    05-28-2010 12:27 AM
    I am quite pleased with the device but that doesn't mean I don't think there is huge potential and room for improvement. Mainly I am still waiting for the iPad exclusive app selection to expand and mature so that I can take full advantage of the iPad's capabilities. Apple could also implement some basic user interface enhancements such as three finger back/forward swipe gesture in Safari, and command-key keyboard shortcuts for Bluetooth keyboards.
    05-28-2010 09:03 AM
    Great device. The best part about it is the portability and mobility due to the size and the 3G plans. I will say that I've been using much more capacity than I expected, so the $15 plan probably is too little. This is the best device for my needs when traveling, but also great at home when you don't want to wait for a computer to boot. Nice quality for the hardware.
    05-28-2010 11:17 AM
    Well, I have had my iPad for about a week now. My initial thoughts -

In general, this is great for media. I use it much more than I ever used my iPhone for surfing, watching video - even listening to music. I have even started reading an ebook on it - the first ebook I have read.

The apps are pretty good - the new larger screen size really makes a difference, even with familiar apps and the built in applications. However, the higher cost of apps means I am less likely to go on a buying spree, just to try something. With the iPhone, I would be happy to put down $.99 or $1.99 just to try something - I am less likely to do it for $4.99 or more.

The hardware is nice. It is amazingly responsive compared to my 3GS, just as the 3GS was much more responsive than my iPhone 3G. Everyone who has seen it surfing the web has remarked about the speed. The keyboard is fine to use - I am even able touch type on it to a degree. The screen is nice and crisp - my wife was amazed at the clarity and resolution.

Issues or concerns - I don't see this replacing any other device I have, except for maybe the iPhone. Because it requires a computer to sync, I still need a computer, and since I still have the computer I still use it as my go to device for computing activities. This may change when I am travel, but I am not sure. For recreation, I am using the iPad a lot more, and it is replacing my iPhone at my "relaxing" device.
    05-28-2010 11:41 AM
    I love my iPad but I wish it could do the following:

1. Flash: I knew the iPad wouldn't have it when I bought it, and I didn't think I would miss it but I love reading articles on BGR, Giz, and occasionally Engadget, and they ALL still use flash embedded video. Really sucks having to go to my laptop for something the iPad should be able to handle.

2. Better Safari. I don't like that I can't upload pictures to Facebook or other sites. I wish apple would have treated the iPad as more of a computer then a read only device.

3. Camera. There really needs to be a iSight camera on the iPad.
    100% agreed. Not being able to upload picture onto websites is unacceptable.
    05-28-2010 12:09 PM
    Well I still haven't gotten it as of 3:48PM and the ETA was 10:30AM this morning I did play with one on display at the Apple Store in the mall and the only question I have is why does anyone think it's heavy?? Unless the 3G is substantially heavier than the Wifi model it was so light I couldn't understand why some folks are saying it's a bit too heavy.
    05-28-2010 03:49 PM
292 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD