View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPad

Voters
342. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

323 94.44%
  • No

19 5.56%
    I watched my first Netflix movie on my iPad today and I thought it was amazing and it barely touched the battery. I am just so impressed. I agree that my iPhone, which I used to think of as a nice big screen, now looks and feels so tiny! I love this thing.
    04-07-2010 05:50 PM
    I'm loving it. Watching Spartacus on it is l33t.
    04-07-2010 06:24 PM
    I love mine! ... Very glad I made the purchase.
    04-08-2010 12:22 AM
    I spent some time with an iPad at the Apple Store the other day and noticed a couple of things. First, the on-screen keyboard will take a little getting used to and I look forward to being able to sit down more naturally with my new iPad to find the most comfortable position for typing. Second, even in the short time I used it at the store, I noticed that the predictive text works fairly well on the iPad and I was a better typist if I concentrated less on hitting exactly the right key and focused more on tapping as close as possible and letting the iPad correct my mistakes.

i started doing the same thing with my iPhone. Just focus on getting as close as possible and not worrying about mistakes because it seems like the OS catches and corrects all the mistakes I ever make! Thats why I love typing on my phone versus my crappy BB Storm I got rid of this past summer!
    04-08-2010 04:34 AM
    i started doing the same thing with my iPhone. Just focus on getting as close as possible and not worrying about mistakes because it seems like the OS catches and corrects all the mistakes I ever make! Thats why I love typing on my phone versus my crappy BB Storm I got rid of this past summer!
    Exactly! When I first got my iPhone I was a little skeptical with the on-screen keyboard (coming from the physical QWERTY of the Treo). I quickly became a believer. The beauty of the iPad is that it's so much like using the iPhone regarding interface. I use my iPhone for just about everything so I know the iPad will be an almost constant companion.
    04-08-2010 12:01 PM
    This is the first time I've used technology where I kept repeating to my other half ... "oh my God how can anyone NOT love this"! The iPad will spoil you..you have been warned.
    04-08-2010 07:01 PM
    Hello, I am writing from Spain, is my first post here! I went to New York among other things to buy the IPAD, great, just that I have problems with synchronization between outlook and calendar of the IPAD. My operating system is windows xp. I've reinstalled itunes 9.1 and restored the IPAD but the problems remain. Leave some appointments and erroneous dates. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!
    04-09-2010 12:43 PM
    Hello, I am writing from Spain, is my first post here!
    No. Really? It would be best if you start your own thread so that your question has a better shot at being answered.
    04-09-2010 01:16 PM
    No. Really? It would be best if you start your own thread so that your question has a better shot at being answered.
    thanks I will
    04-09-2010 01:34 PM
    So far, after only three days, I am really surprised at the way the iPad simplifies the user experience. Without a detailed manual or startup instructions, almost anyone can immediately start using the iPad with little difficulty.

I did however, discover that the "Settings" (Settings Icon) should be addressed and answered before attempting to do some of the higher level functions such as mail management, photo management, music uploads, etc.

I think that many other similar products from other manufacturers will hit the market in the near future. We will all gain by the rapid development of these great new devices.

462dave
    04-10-2010 08:06 AM
    I'm annoyed as hell that I can't figure out how to add my Google contacts and calendar... and Apple doesn't seem to offer any on-device assistance - not even a simple "Help" file/icon.
    04-10-2010 09:13 AM
    04-10-2010 10:13 AM
    Appreciated, but I don't use Exchange and those directions seem to require it.
    04-10-2010 12:27 PM
    No, exchange is simply the type of account you choose on the ipad when creating your account.

You'll enter in your google account info per the directions. You don't actually need exchange or all that.

But once you've completed entering the info, you'll get "push" email, contacts, and calendar from your google account. That means, enter a contact on your Pre, it'll be pushed to your ipad...and vice versa.

Try it...you'll like this..
    Last edited by cardfan; 04-10-2010 at 12:59 PM.
    04-10-2010 12:56 PM
    I'm very impressed with it.

Glad I decided to take the dive and get one - really makes so many things so much more convenient.
    04-10-2010 03:33 PM
    No, exchange is simply the type of account you choose on the ipad when creating your account.

You'll enter in your google account info per the directions. You don't actually need exchange or all that.

But once you've completed entering the info, you'll get "push" email, contacts, and calendar from your google account. That means, enter a contact on your Pre, it'll be pushed to your ipad...and vice versa.

Try it...you'll like this..
    Extremely helpful. Thanks.

No way would I have figured out something so counter-intuitive, on my own.

Now, I'm disappointed that the podcast only said you couldn't SEE all of your Google calendars at the same time. I assume I could at least switch between them!
    04-10-2010 05:12 PM
    I love my iPad, I too agree that my iPhone screen is now really small. I want more iPad apps, the big screen is so great.
    04-11-2010 04:02 AM
    I am less happy with it by the hour.

There is a lot that is missing or inconvenient or apparently designed with the Apple-faithful in-mind.

I spend too much time wrestling with wifi (getting worse the more places I go) and dealing with, not just the painful lack of multitasking, but also the lack of workarounds to help us cope with the situation.

Every time I install an app, having to swipe twice to get back to the main screen, then click the App Store icon, then wait on it to load, THEN note how it did NOT return me to the exact spot I was in before so I will have to navigator my way back there to install the other apps in that section... I get a little more pissed.
    04-11-2010 08:26 AM
    Waiting impatiently for the 3Gg model. Apple simply does not understand my need for instant gratification! But wait I will. Plan to order it online this week. Stopped by the Apple Store to play with the iPad, loved it, gotta have it. No really. I am great at convincing myself that it is not a matter of 'want' but a matter of 'need'. Hope to respond to the poll soon with a 'yes' I'm happy with my iPad!
    04-11-2010 10:25 AM
    Debating whether to keep it or not.

Working with documents between the various apps is a pain. Printing is a problem. Browser is awesome.

I really want this to replace my laptop but I can't find enough work arounds to do it. It's mainly used for games or browsing at home at this time. When I'm out and about, I'm finding that I go for the iPhone more often this the iPad. Which is bad considering I paid $700 for this thing.
    04-11-2010 11:01 PM
    Debating whether to keep it or not.

Working with documents between the various apps is a pain. Printing is a problem. Browser is awesome.

I really want this to replace my laptop but I can't find enough work arounds to do it. It's mainly used for games or browsing at home at this time. When I'm out and about, I'm finding that I go for the iPhone more often this the iPad. Which is bad considering I paid $700 for this thing.
    You've pretty much summed it up. 499-699..and lets be honest, it could easily get to a thousand quick buying new apps, books, new HD video in itunes, etc...is too much for a device that allows you to sit around the house slow browsing and playing games that you can't really control or use well. It's a pretty screen though..

Then there's the time spent having to sort through ipad apps, iphone apps, universal apps, converting video to ipad res, storing videos for iphone, ipad and in original resolution.
    Last edited by cardfan; 04-12-2010 at 11:49 AM.
    04-12-2010 11:46 AM
    I have only had a few minor instances of WiFi giving me trouble.

Other than that it has performed quite well for me. Pretty much replaced my MacBook.. I'll probably end up selling my less than a year old MBP and simply use the iPad as my carry to class device and a iMac as my at home computer.
    04-12-2010 11:47 AM
    Damned iPad refreshed the screen before I posted, apparently. Lost it all.

Long/short: Not being able to use the iPad until you sync it to a computer. Serious buzz kill. Sorry, 90's flashback.

For that matter, the way that iTunes syncs, not to mention it's sad, wired necessity, is a gigantic pain.
    04-13-2010 10:29 AM
    How many times do you actually plug it in? Unless I specifically want to sync to iTunes (which is very rare), I don't bother. There's no need.
    04-13-2010 10:43 AM
    How many times do you actually plug it in? Unless I specifically want to sync to iTunes (which is very rare), I don't bother. There's no need.
    There is plenty of need, depending on how one defines the term, (backing up apps, adding/removing pix and music and podcasts*) but it is such a pain that, for me anyway, it is hardly worth doing. I do it as infrequently as I can get away with.

* - since there is no way to have the iPad automatically download new podcasts OR EVEN initiate an "update all" feature, either I download all of my podcasts manually on the device, at the various and inconvenient times that they're available, or I sync with iTunes.

It is a pain.
    04-13-2010 10:56 AM
292 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD