Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
So wonderful and handy!

I have been so happy with my iPad! I have used it so much since it was delivered that I haven't even turned on my laptop since I synced it. :):):)

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I have been so happy with my iPad! I have used it so much since it was delivered that I haven't even turned on my laptop since I synced it. :):):)

Sounds to me like it's a laptop replacement for you :) Characterizing the iPad as a laptop replacement in a general sense may be premature at this point, but it may be a laptop replacement for many. I can't wait to get mine :)

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I have been struggling to get used to this keyboard. I keep hitting the wrong keys.

I spent some time with an iPad at the Apple Store the other day and noticed a couple of things. First, the on-screen keyboard will take a little getting used to and I look forward to being able to sit down more naturally with my new iPad to find the most comfortable position for typing. Second, even in the short time I used it at the store, I noticed that the predictive text works fairly well on the iPad and I was a better typist if I concentrated less on hitting exactly the right key and focused more on tapping as close as possible and letting the iPad correct my mistakes. :)

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I watched my first Netflix movie on my iPad today and I thought it was amazing and it barely touched the battery. I am just so impressed. I agree that my iPhone, which I used to think of as a nice big screen, now looks and feels so tiny! I love this thing.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I spent some time with an iPad at the Apple Store the other day and noticed a couple of things. First, the on-screen keyboard will take a little getting used to and I look forward to being able to sit down more naturally with my new iPad to find the most comfortable position for typing. Second, even in the short time I used it at the store, I noticed that the predictive text works fairly well on the iPad and I was a better typist if I concentrated less on hitting exactly the right key and focused more on tapping as close as possible and letting the iPad correct my mistakes. :)

i started doing the same thing with my iPhone. Just focus on getting as close as possible and not worrying about mistakes because it seems like the OS catches and corrects all the mistakes I ever make! Thats why I love typing on my phone versus my crappy BB Storm I got rid of this past summer!

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
i started doing the same thing with my iPhone. Just focus on getting as close as possible and not worrying about mistakes because it seems like the OS catches and corrects all the mistakes I ever make! Thats why I love typing on my phone versus my crappy BB Storm I got rid of this past summer!

Exactly! When I first got my iPhone I was a little skeptical with the on-screen keyboard (coming from the physical QWERTY of the Treo). I quickly became a believer. The beauty of the iPad is that it's so much like using the iPhone regarding interface. I use my iPhone for just about everything so I know the iPad will be an almost constant companion. ;)

JCat_IM

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
This is the first time I've used technology where I kept repeating to my other half ... "oh my God how can anyone NOT love this"! The iPad will spoil you..you have been warned.

manusan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I am writing from Spain, is my first post here! I went to New York among other things to buy the IPAD, great, just that I have problems with synchronization between outlook and calendar of the IPAD. My operating system is windows xp. I've reinstalled itunes 9.1 and restored the IPAD but the problems remain. Leave some appointments and erroneous dates. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!

462dave

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
My iPad exceeds my expectations.

So far, after only three days, I am really surprised at the way the iPad simplifies the user experience. Without a detailed manual or startup instructions, almost anyone can immediately start using the iPad with little difficulty.

I did however, discover that the "Settings" (Settings Icon) should be addressed and answered before attempting to do some of the higher level functions such as mail management, photo management, music uploads, etc.

I think that many other similar products from other manufacturers will hit the market in the near future. We will all gain by the rapid development of these great new devices.

462dave

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm annoyed as hell that I can't figure out how to add my Google contacts and calendar... and Apple doesn't seem to offer any on-device assistance - not even a simple "Help" file/icon.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
No, exchange is simply the type of account you choose on the ipad when creating your account.

You'll enter in your google account info per the directions. You don't actually need exchange or all that.

But once you've completed entering the info, you'll get "push" email, contacts, and calendar from your google account. That means, enter a contact on your Pre, it'll be pushed to your ipad...and vice versa.

Try it...you'll like this..

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm very impressed with it.

Glad I decided to take the dive and get one - really makes so many things so much more convenient.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro