View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPad

Voters
342. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

323 94.44%
  • No

19 5.56%
    I'm so in love still with my iPad after 2 months now. I use it mainly for web browsing and ebooks. I also enjoy Scrabble on it and Lets Golf as my favorite two games currently. Those are subject to change tho. Everyone person I show it off to is still in awe of it and I usually get the same reaction: "wow Id love one of these!"
    11-01-2010 06:04 PM
    I picked up two iPads about a month ago, and have not regretted it since. I pretty much dominate and control the 3G 32gb model. My wife officially owns the 16gb wifi, but it ends up my 4 kids hands more often than not (especially my 4 year old who can't get enough of it. Her grandparents dont mind the constant barrage of emailed drawings she has me send them

All that said, I find the entire iTunes software experience on windows to be nothing short of torture. It is without a doubt the most inept example of windows development that I have had the misfortune of being forced to use. I greatly wish they would cut the cords between the idevice line of products and the iTunes software.

Alas, I still wouldn't give up my iPad without a fight!!!
    11-02-2010 07:39 PM
    Yes offcourse, Its just like, A dream come True!! I am happy with it. I am writing a short review on my ipad. it's so light easy to carry and touchable.. I bought it from imobilepad.com I love it!!!!
    11-16-2010 06:58 AM
    I'm quite happy with my iPad. I use it
    for a lot of things and it's pretty
    convenient to carry around since it's
    not as bulky or heavy as my old portable.
    It still can't do everything I need from a
    portable but it's still fairly useful.
    11-18-2010 01:51 AM
    Yes, I think is is great!
    11-22-2010 12:38 AM
    I got the 3G ipad on the first day that it was available, and I still love it. It's a great take-everywhere device. I can do so much with it that I rarely use my laptop or my desktop. I love not having to worry about running out of battery, instant on and off, and the greater screen real estate over the iPhone. The iPad is a wonderful device.
    11-22-2010 02:38 PM
    Yes.

As new apps will be released the iPad will get more versatile and more usefull.
    11-29-2010 10:59 AM
    Love it use it everyday but could be drawn away by lack of flash and connectivity to other things
    11-29-2010 02:07 PM
    Much easier to read and take notes on than the iPhone. Great newsreader and ebook reader which were my primary apps.
    11-29-2010 07:48 PM
    I'm happy with it, except wondering when the next update will happen...
    12-01-2010 06:13 AM
    I am extremely happy with my iPad, the only thing I would like it to have is a USB but other than that it's awesome I take it with me everywhere. I read in bed I browse the Internet on the couch, I check my emails everywhere when I'm traveling and I always have it in my ZooGue case which is secure at any angle.
    12-03-2010 07:44 PM
    I am extremely happy with my iPad, the only thing I would like it to have is a USB but other than that it's awesome I take it with me everywhere. I read in bed I browse the Internet on the couch, I check my emails everywhere when I'm traveling and I always have it in my ZooGue case which is secure at any angle.
    Have you tried the CCK?
    12-03-2010 08:03 PM
    I got my iPad dec 3rd and couldn't be happier.

Now when I sit on the couch instead of using my laptop on my lap I use my lite and cool iPad. The laptop gets so hot and makes my junk sweat
    12-05-2010 10:46 AM
    The light weight compared to a laptop is cool, but what puts it over the top os the battery life. I can watch a couple movies on it before it gets low. Actually four. A movie seems to suck only about 25 percent of the battery out. Cordless=cool
    12-05-2010 01:13 PM
    I have been quite happy with mine - had it for about 6 months now and as a content delivery device it's awesome. I have found Stanza, Reeder, AirVideo and ComicZeal to be my most used daily apps. I do wish it had the ability to save files to a remote location (there might be an app for that, I haven't seen yet) if not on the iPad itself, but that's a minor complaint.
    12-07-2010 03:36 PM
    I'm very happy with my iPad. I've had it since the first weekend after it became available in the UK and it is now my primary computing device for general web browsing and emailing etc. I bought the 32GB WiFi model and although I sometimes wish I had gone for the 3G model, in reality I think I would very rarely be able to justify the cost of another data plan as I already have an iPhone 4 contract.

Probably my biggest (only?) frustration is not being able to tether my iPad to my iPhone and share the data contract. This would be really useful on occasion and I don't understand why this is not supported as standard. My data allowance is fixed anyway so what does it matter if I consume it with the iPhone or iPad? This is the only reason I am ever tempted to Jailbreak so that I can use MyWi.

Tethering aside, this is a great device and truly exceptional for a 1st generation device. Traditional laptop (and hard drive) manufacturers must be very nervous and netbook manufacturers already know their days are numbered. Tablets are undoubtedly here to stay and I really think they will become the standard device for the majority of computing needs.

And once again, as with the iPhone, Apple has blown the potential competition out of the water! It's looking like it will be almost 18 months from the original iPad announcement before anything resembling competition will be available.
    12-07-2010 05:56 PM
    I agree that we'll see tablets take over a lot of places where netbooks and laptops now rule.

I predict a stand to hold the iPad upright maybe 20 degrees off vertical with the top away from the user. The stand will have a standard keyboard allowing major data entry. This will be the iPad docking station and it will put paid to much larger or less portable machines.
    12-07-2010 06:49 PM
    I agree that we'll see tablets take over a lot of places where netbooks and laptops now rule.

I predict a stand to hold the iPad upright maybe 20 degrees off vertical with the top away from the user. The stand will have a standard keyboard allowing major data entry. This will be the iPad docking station and it will put paid to much larger or less portable machines.
    Anything better then the current Apple iPod keyboard dock. Keyboard should be detachable and you should be able to dock it any way you wish.

The stand you are talking about, I could see it matching that of the iMac or Cinnima display.
    12-07-2010 07:05 PM
    Keyboard s/b wireless, Chris. And it should be a real keyboard usable by human hands rather than the pixie only hands that Apple brand keyboards are made for.
    12-07-2010 07:18 PM
    Umm...can't put it down so....yes? Lol
    12-07-2010 07:22 PM
    I got my iPad back in October and i instantly loved it, the large multitouch display made it a great experience and then ios 4.2 came out and it made my ipad even better and i think that it is easily the best tablet on the market.
    12-08-2010 05:37 PM
    Keyboard s/b wireless, Chris. And it should be a real keyboard usable by human hands rather than the pixie only hands that Apple brand keyboards are made for.
    The Apple keyboard IS a real keyboard slide.
    12-09-2010 06:53 AM
    Only for midgets.
    12-09-2010 11:08 AM
    LOVE my iPad 64GB WiFi+3G!

I'm a LONG time PC/Windows user (since the early 80s!). I've toyed with all kinds of slate and tablet devices, gaining limited satisfaction. I've always wanted a true tablet/slate device for portability, reading, doing crossword puzzles, internet access, email, having my references handy, etc. Particularly something that's lightweight and easy to handle, since I'm a Paramedic and I spend a LOT of time in an ambulance (I work 24 hour shifts and we spend about 3/4 of that time in the vehicle on stand-by in between calls or on long transports). I've had an HP TX2500 Tablet PC for a few years and it's a good machine, complete with a true WACOM tablet. However, it's still heavy, runs hot and constantly needs to be plugged in. And it's still a tad bulky in handling, especially in a moving ambulance where there's little room at all.

The iPad has been a Godsend to me. 10-12 hours of battery life alone is fabulous, but the fact that it's lightweight, slender and that it doesn't run hot is a dream come true. Built-in 3G is a great feature. No more PC cards or dongles! The instant-on and rapid app access is just amazing. No more waiting for a machine to wake up and load the OS!

Most importantly, I am doing MORE with my iPad than I have done with my Tablet PC. I'm actually having lots of FUN, FUN, FUN with it! THIS is what it's all about! I'm finding lots of cool apps that improve my personal productivity and creatvity as well as opening up doors to entertainment, reading and learning. Not only that, I've found ways to use it at work with some of the Paramedicine/Nursing apps I've been able to get. Great stuff!

If you don't have an iPad and aren't sure if one is right, I suggest you go to the Apple Store or to someone who has one, get it into your hands and PLAY with it! You WILL be amazed!
    12-15-2010 01:10 AM
    Yes i am very happy with my iPad. I love to play game on iPad :-)
    12-15-2010 02:11 AM
292 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD