The iPad is too new to replace either the macbook or the iPhone. Come on everyone, just take it for what it is.
    06-30-2010 11:02 AM
    The iPad has alot of good features and depending on the user it may replace alot of basic functions of a laptop. It is however a media consumption device right now while the laptop is a media creation device. Yes if you are a very basic user you could say that it replaces your need for a laptop but this is not the case for the majority of people. My iPad allows me to take my MBP home only on the weekends but that's only if I don't have to do more than basic things at home. You can't even join in the live TiPb show on ustream fully. If I have to use photoshop, iMovie, Excel I have to carry my laptop home. So the list of things the Macbook can do that the iPad can't will be a very, very long list.
    06-30-2010 12:03 PM
    I'm still getting used to mines and finding it's true place in my life. I think it will definitely keep me away from my Mac to do things like this. Browse the web, post on tipb forums, emails and some MINOR productivity tasks such as create to-dos, create a new calendar appt, and even update my budget. Other than that it can't possibly replace my MacBook. Uploading & Editing my photos. Creating iMovies & finishing them off with iDVD. And a bunch of other stuff. The more I use it the happier I am with the purchase. I'm hoping that happiness continues to grow!
    06-30-2010 11:16 PM
    My iPad has replaced my Macbook for 90% of the stuff i do at home. But the 10% that the iPad CAN'T do is how I make 100% of my paycheck.

What I want to see is a 12" Macbook with a touchscreen.
    07-01-2010 12:44 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD