iWork printing

Mrl4214

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know the best app to print iWork documents on the iPad while still maintaining the formatting and photos if needed? I know. They will probably be adding is in the near future but I need a substitute until they do.

Written on my iPad

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
This is an excellent question. I assumed that if the iPad version of iWork (Pages, etc.) did not have this feature, then some 3rd party app developer would light the way with a handy printing app. I'm also interested in knowing if anyone has found a solution other than emailing the doc to another computer for printing.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Anyone know the best app to print iWork documents on the iPad while still maintaining the formatting and photos if needed? I know. They will probably be adding is in the near future but I need a substitute until they do.

Written on my iPad

This is a really good question that I do not have a answer for...

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I poked around a little bit online and so far the options are these:
1) search for a print share app in the app store that is iPad compatible
2) email any doc you create or receive to your computer, then print
3) hope that iPhone 4.0 addresses this issue and provides some print capability for iPad.

If the iPad could natively print, it would be just one more reason to leave the laptop at home ;)

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
I poked around a little bit online and so far the options are these:
1) search for a print share app in the app store that is iPad compatible
2) email any doc you create or receive to your computer, then print
3) hope that iPhone 4.0 addresses this issue and provides some print capability for iPad.

If the iPad could natively print, it would be just one more reason to leave the laptop at home ;)

Totally agree with you there. Maybe they just didn't want another API in the background. But this processor is so stout I don't see a problem with having a universal wifi print protocol.

xpunksbeendeadx

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
It's these kind of shortcomings that really diminish the potential of the iPad. The iPad could theoretically change the way we view computers but oversights such as not being able to print from iWork defeat its opportunity to be a go to device for most tasks.

Sigh.

Freefall25

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried PrintCentral. It had some pretty good reviews online. But, I have yet to figure out how it works. It has a very confusing interface. My review of PrintCentral is, pass on it.

justdoit

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I use PrintMagic, but there is no straight forward way to print any apps of iWorks. So I have contacted PrintMagic (Tweet)
@Wellala_Inc - Interested to know how PrintMagic works on iPad? Specifically interested with apps like iWorks(pages, Numbers and KeyNotes)

Apple and iWorks say - either copy to computer (sync, iTunes, iWork.com) and this really stinks. Without appropriate printing capability, this will be a dumb thing.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Definitely a shortcoming. I use print and share as a work around but really. If Apple wants this to be a laptop replacement they have to fix this and add a true file system. Rant off

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
It's these kind of shortcomings that really diminish the potential of the iPad. The iPad could theoretically change the way we view computers but oversights such as not being able to print from iWork defeat its opportunity to be a go to device for most tasks.

Sigh.

I agree that Apple has to rectify this situation, but I'm not sure the potential of the Ipad is diminished by shortcomings we find on a 1st generation model.

I'm not making excuses for Apple, but at the same time I realize that history shows that when it comes to electronics 1st generation models have their issues...some of these issues are significant.

xpunksbeendeadx

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
I agree that Apple has to rectify this situation, but I'm not sure the potential of the Ipad is diminished by shortcomings we find on a 1st generation model.

I'm not making excuses for Apple, but at the same time I realize that history shows that when it comes to electronics 1st generation models have their issues...some of these issues are significant.

Well that is very true and I'm very forgiving when it comes to first generation products but this is a software issue. I'm sure it would not be that hard to create an option to print to a WiFi connected printer. Even worse is the reveil of iPhone OS 4 which does nothing to adress this.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm just seeing more and more reasons here why the iPad is just a big iPod Touch. ;)

Everyone is saying they should fix this "issue" with printing. The real issue is if it's not there it's by design, Apple wouldn't just not do it. Can you email iWork documents created on the iPad as attachments?

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Well that is very true and I'm very forgiving when it comes to first generation products but this is a software issue. I'm sure it would not be that hard to create an option to print to a WiFi connected printer. Even worse is the reveil of iPhone OS 4 which does nothing to adress this.

I don't disagree with you. I guess my point was that I expected to see both software and hardware issues surface with the launch of the Ipad. I also expected that Jobs and company would never address these problems/issues as quickly as we want them to. :D

All joking aside, I realize issues like this are frustrating.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods