Until you use an iPad.....

Element1924

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't come and post how awful it is. This thing is incredible at doing what it was meant to do (browsing, media, apps, books).

The iPad is going to make the iPhone look like it was nothing.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't come and post how awful it is. This thing is incredible at doing what it was meant to do (browsing, media, apps, books).

i didnt buy one but i played with one at an apple store yesterday. i will say it works great and i will probably buy it eventually. however i will disagree with you saying it will make the iphone look like it was nothing. without the iphone the ipad would be nothing. you really cant compare the 2 as one is meant to be a pocket caried cellular phone while the other is a 10 inch media/internet/book reading device. two completely different products.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
It is likely that the iPad can be a real game-changer when the iPhone is competing with the entire universe of smartphones out there. The iPad is not the first tablet to come along, but it will be the first tablet to make tablets popular to the masses. This is a significant difference when comparing the iPhone and iPad and it's impact on consumer use of mobile devices.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
Yep. Windows based tablets have been around for years, but they never seemed to catch on with anything but select business markets (medical, manufacturing, etc), and even then I'm not too sure just how well they have been incorporated into widespread use.

It should be interesting to see where tablets go with Apple releasing their take on tablet computing. Apple has a way of hyping products in such a way that causes a frenzy in the consumer market, and whether you like the iPad or not, I'm not sure it could be denied that Apple's push with the iPad will enhance the growth of other OS based tablets in the near future.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I have used one, it just has a smaller screen.

Last edited:

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
It is harder for me to look at the smaller screen of the iPhone after looking at the iPad. Also the typing my goodness. This keyboard for a mobile device is massive. The thing is making me type different.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site

Using it definitely makes a huge difference. The learning curve for someone like me, who has never owned a modern Apple product, though, is a bit steeper than necessary. It's still quite compelling, though.

You'd be surprised how difficult I found simply transferring files from iTunes.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Is the no multi-tasking a problem for anyone??

Honestly, it IS beginning to grate my nerves. But the browsing experience truly is exceptional and quickly helps to make up for other shortcomings.

That said, I am used to TRUE multitasking on my Pre so I definitely notice when I move from one app to another and back, again, just to have to start from scratch.

So far, I am coping. We will see how well I adapt over time. As you may have noticed, I have already adjusted to the ill-placed apostrophe by avoiding the possessive forms of words as often as possible.

All of this was (badly?) typed on the iPad.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Not to mention i think most people just assume multitasking is coming in 4.0

Apple is smart. Iphone 4.0 event after the initial wave of iPad sales. What better way to spur more sales? Tell em what's coming..

Last edited:

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Not to mention i think most people just assume its coming in 4.0

Apple is smart. Iphone 4.0 event after the initial wave of iPad sales. What better way to spur more sales? Tell em what's coming..

Are you saying that you think the iPad will get multitasking soon?

I am not sure what your first sentence is a response to.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Multitasking has been a bit of a gripe from the beginning for the iPhone. Those of us who have moved to the dark side (Jailbroken) have been able to enjoy multitasking on our iPhones for some time now, so clearly the processor can handle it. With a more robust processor in the iPad, I suspect 4.0 will bring multitasking.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Here is a good example.

I was listening to a podcast while surfing this forum. Then I saw the thread about the iPad installed in someone's truck. I clicked the thread, saw a video, then wanted to pause the podcast. I had to leave the browser, go to the homescreen, go to theiPod app, pause the podcast, then return and play the video. That was kind of a pain.

With true multitasking, I could've switched between cards or windows or accessed a dashboard function much more quickly and easily.

Just an example.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
While you can't compare the two, the iPad is definitely beyond a BIG iPod touch.

The experience you get when using the iPad for surfing the web is something that cannot be described. You have to literally sit in your fav spot on the couch for a night and let it all sink in.

Don't be naive, this is a new form of technology, people. A new way we do things, an easier and more elegant way. Nobody is forcing you to buy an iPad...just don't insult it if you haven't fully played with one yet.

Trust me. I was a naysayer when it was first announced now I can't believe I almost didn't pre order one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2