Official iPad bug report/trouble-shooting thread

drummersteve

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Slightly bizzare one..

In Maps, if I begin by typing the letter 'S' into the search field, it crashes instantly. Just by typing it, not by hitting search or anything. Anyone else got this?

Just testing other letters, and it aso happens with the following...

U, O, C, and S.

Currently running 3.2.1...

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I updated my iPad a few days ago and now when I'm browsing my photos or trying to mail them, my iPad shuts down and I'm stuck on the boot screen. It's frozen for about 10 minutes then it will turn back on. Happened 5 times last night. Bizarre!

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you want to take it back? Apple care is great and if there is something genuinely wrong with your iPad, they will fix it free of charge. Do it when you'll be going to the mall anyway, this way you're not making an extra trip.

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like there might be something wrong with you unit's boot sequence, which is linked directly to the device's RAM. Have you had it in extreme hot or cold recently? Extreme temperatures can affect a device's RAM, which can affect its startup/boot performance.

creativefreestyle

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm a developer currently trying to build an overlay to open in my HTML5 page, with a video inside, using HTML5 video tag. I have it all working, first time you open the overlay the video loads and plays, then all following times you open the overlay, mobile safari does not load the .mp4.

I had to manually use the "load();" function in javascript to get it to load in the first place on click, otherwise it doesnt work at all, first click now works, but all subsequent clicks, it doesnt load at all, has anyone else had HTML5 video issues with mobile safari?

terpdog

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine also disconnects from the wi-fi then prompts me for a password which it says is wrong. Does anyone know if this is a bug?

I have had an iPad for about a week and every day multiple times a day the iTune asks me for a password and stops working until I reset the Network Connections. Not really acceptable to me. I can still browse the web, check email, but I can't download anything from the app store or play anything through the iTunes home sharing option when this stuff happens.

It seems like something is timing out and not re-establishing well. Probably time to take it back to the store for me. :-(

johnolesen

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
so with the new iOS 4.2.1 update today, when it came back up-all the pictures I had imported from my Macbook were gone.

I popped my memory card into the Camera Kit, and it wouldnt read it.

I tried to power cycle...no dice.

I finally said screw it-imported the pics into iPhoto, as a new album (entitled droidx since they're from my phone) and they synced up fine...except now I cant delete any of them.

Help?

paulpenny#IM

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
After upgrading to 4.2.1 I can't drag icons between pages on the iPad. Tethering to iTunes and rearranging on there works fine.

Anyone seen this? Knows how to sort it? Am I just being thick?

Paul

TonyPatron

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
My former screen lock now mute switch doesn't work. When I toggle it it displays the muted speaker icon, but the sound isn't muted. Anyone else experiencing this?

Dimitrie

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help? When I go to erase a draft email, the screen goes back to the home page , and a email that I deleted in my inbox reappears .... Very annoying ! And the draft email doesn't get deleted.:confused:

notooloud

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
After upgrading to 4.2.1 I can't drag icons between pages on the iPad. Tethering to iTunes and rearranging on there works fine.

Anyone seen this? Knows how to sort it? Am I just being thick?

Paul

Rotate it to landscape mode, and icon dragging between pages works again.

heelsbigc

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
In the last few days my wifi has been acting wonky when it wakes from sleep. The icon is there indicating it's connected, but there's no data flow. If I turn off the wifi then turn it back on it's back. This is a 16+3g ipad bought on release day and it's the first time I've ever had any issues with the wifi. What the hell?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
one being less than 6 months old none of them is able to charge the iPad via USB. Not happy with that. I'm still not taking back!

If you're talking about your laptop I haven't found any computer that charges it by USB laptop or desktop. What I remember hearing is the screen draws so much power that while it's on the iPad doesn't charge but when the screen is off it actually does charge. It is very slow though because it needs so much juice.

I was listening to the iPad podcast about the keyboard bug and I do think it is Emoji. I didn't read the previous pages so sorry if this was settled already. I just wanted to add that I've had the problem on my iPhone forever following me from firmware to firmware. I never had it on my iPad until this week, and I JB just recently and installed Emoji on my iPad. I'm sorry but I love the faces too much to test the theory but I think that is it.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
My former screen lock now mute switch doesn't work. When I toggle it it displays the muted speaker icon, but the sound isn't muted. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have the same issue. help I also have video that won't play stops and starts all the time. It doesn't matter what format or program .

beanyboy

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Apple Remote IOS 3.2.2 No Problem v IOS 4.2.1 BIG Problem

Hi all. I have two MB292X ipads, one running 3.2.2 and the other the latest 4.2.1. I am running latest iTunes 10.1.1.4 on Windows 7 Ultimate with Firewall OFF. Why does Apple Remote on iPad 3.2.2 have no problem connecting to iTunes and iPad v4.2.1 is stuck on 'Verifying Remote passcode'. I rebooted my netgear Wireless Access Point as I know at times this has been the problem and reset the iPad along with Windows. I turned on the 'Routing and Remote Access' service as I read that could assist however I still cannot connect. I also cannot connect Airplay to Airport Expresses using my 4.2.1 iPad. I had same problem yesterday however at some point I was able to connect, today back to not connecting with 4.2.1..what is going on if 3.2.2 has no problem?? I also have the latest Bonjour 2.0.2
Any help very much appreciated

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods