Official Anticipating/Waiting for iPad Thread

rayk62

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
UPS still shows mine at my local hub. Normally it will say out for delivery...who can I call to find out whats going on? I tried UPS but the people I get say there's not enough info on the shipment to tell me whether it will be out for delivery today!

mstrange

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Ended up with about 300 people total, split pretty even pre order and regular. I was walking out with mine at 9:45am! Been playing on it since and writing this post on it. Very nice experience at Apple store - same as someone else mentioned - employees came out a couple of times to get everyone excited - handed out water - and good personal experience in store. They took a 17 to 1 ratio of pre order to regular through. When I left the pre order line was pretty short so the regular line should have started to move quicker. Netflix app is great ABC app just crashes when trying to play a video?

gsc1948

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Just went to the Apple store to try one out. Can't wait for the end of the month to have my 3G version arrive. Nobody in the store had a release date, just the end of the month. Looks pretty cool.

Dman714

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Got mine earlier today. It was nasty out earlier and I fell asleep and woke up around 3 thinking I was screwed, my son was looking at craigslist and they had them for 700 and up so I figured they would be sold out. They had plenty left. I love mine.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I was at Best Buy for about 10 minutes playing with one. I must say, yet another device I didn't know I needed, but know can't live without.

I tried some of the iWorks apps, and they look really nice. The keyboard in landscape mode was great to use - it will take a little time to get used to not having a tactile feedback, but it's not bad.

The iBooks looks cool - the interface was nice, it looks easy to follow along. The iPad itself was a little heavy to use one hand holding it up while reading in bed, but it wasn't bad.

Surfing the web was great. I couldn't test the email because the demo unit didn't have email set up. But the calendar was great. Watching a movie was very nice as well.

The apps were all very responsible, very snappy. The display is great, a good size to have sitting in your lap. All in all, very well done by Apple.

I really think that not having a front facing camera for video chat is a bad move, but I wonder if there will be some way to link an iPad and iPhone together, and use the camera on the iPhone? That would be pretty cool. I would also love to see some other ways to link iPads and iPhones, to share files, music, pictures, etc. You can probably do it via mobile me, but I would love to see some kind of direct link.

I will be getting my 3G, 64GB version in late April through work (I think using this on the road or in the field will be great, especially once I tried it in the store!). Till then I just have to wait, although maybe I can convince my wife that she needs one as well.

Chris

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I debated since January, and decided to wait. (Mainly because I REALLY want a d90 and that's going to be my next purchase here in a month or so.) But I really wanted the 3G model so I guess I have to wait for that anyways. :\

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I, too, am waiting for my 3G slab to arrive sometime around the end of the month. I haven't visited an Apple store yet. I figure they are jam-packed and .... why torture myself? I'll patiently wait for my 3G and when it arrives, I might have to disappear for a few days to play with it. :)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I, too, am waiting for my 3G slab to arrive sometime around the end of the month. I haven't visited an Apple store yet. I figure they are jam-packed and .... why torture myself? I'll patiently wait for my 3G and when it arrives, I might have to disappear for a few days to play with it. :)

haha I sympathize. I haven't went into an Apple store because I never walk out w/ out buying something.

I may hold off on an iPad for a bit as my d90 will be a rather large purchase. And the g/f needs a new laptop, which she has chosen a MacBook... so those 2 have to come first. Sigh... lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR