I went to Best Buy, played with one. Needless to say, our home will own one shortly...
    04-03-2010 07:13 PM
    I was at Best Buy for about 10 minutes playing with one. I must say, yet another device I didn't know I needed, but know can't live without.

I tried some of the iWorks apps, and they look really nice. The keyboard in landscape mode was great to use - it will take a little time to get used to not having a tactile feedback, but it's not bad.

The iBooks looks cool - the interface was nice, it looks easy to follow along. The iPad itself was a little heavy to use one hand holding it up while reading in bed, but it wasn't bad.

Surfing the web was great. I couldn't test the email because the demo unit didn't have email set up. But the calendar was great. Watching a movie was very nice as well.

The apps were all very responsible, very snappy. The display is great, a good size to have sitting in your lap. All in all, very well done by Apple.

I really think that not having a front facing camera for video chat is a bad move, but I wonder if there will be some way to link an iPad and iPhone together, and use the camera on the iPhone? That would be pretty cool. I would also love to see some other ways to link iPads and iPhones, to share files, music, pictures, etc. You can probably do it via mobile me, but I would love to see some kind of direct link.

I will be getting my 3G, 64GB version in late April through work (I think using this on the road or in the field will be great, especially once I tried it in the store!). Till then I just have to wait, although maybe I can convince my wife that she needs one as well.

Chris
    04-03-2010 07:35 PM
    I debated since January, and decided to wait. (Mainly because I REALLY want a d90 and that's going to be my next purchase here in a month or so.) But I really wanted the 3G model so I guess I have to wait for that anyways. :\
    04-04-2010 01:53 AM
    I, too, am waiting for my 3G slab to arrive sometime around the end of the month. I haven't visited an Apple store yet. I figure they are jam-packed and .... why torture myself? I'll patiently wait for my 3G and when it arrives, I might have to disappear for a few days to play with it.
    04-05-2010 01:12 AM
    I, too, am waiting for my 3G slab to arrive sometime around the end of the month. I haven't visited an Apple store yet. I figure they are jam-packed and .... why torture myself? I'll patiently wait for my 3G and when it arrives, I might have to disappear for a few days to play with it.
    haha I sympathize. I haven't went into an Apple store because I never walk out w/ out buying something.

I may hold off on an iPad for a bit as my d90 will be a rather large purchase. And the g/f needs a new laptop, which she has chosen a MacBook... so those 2 have to come first. Sigh... lol
    04-06-2010 11:37 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD