I think this will be the new go to for long flights...I can just see it now...my iPad and my Beats by Dre headphones will make for an extremely entertaining flight!
    04-01-2010 01:55 PM
    Wouldn't it be better to use the iPhone (on airplane mode) or the iPod Touch?
    04-01-2010 02:33 PM
    I'd much rather have an iPad on a flight. Much bigger screen for the movies and games!
    04-01-2010 03:18 PM
    I'd much rather have an iPad on a flight. Much bigger screen for the movies and games!
    I second this. The iPad will be an excellent travel companion -- long battery life, ever so light and slim, and easy to take out and put away. Watch a movie, read a book, look at photos, play a game, etc. Leave the laptop at home!
    04-01-2010 03:39 PM
    While I don't travel that often I am looking forward to some plane rides now. Will keep me entertained and I won't have to worry about draining my iPhone battery.
    04-02-2010 12:30 PM
    Using an iPad would be great for travelers. Easy videos on plane rides and fun games also. I heard that Madden looks alot better on iPad actually.
    04-03-2010 12:37 PM
    Cool idea, but how long dose the iPad battery last? And how dose the iPad fair for air travel? You know how strict airlines are with those electronic devises.
    06-30-2010 10:16 AM
    I will be travelling to Europe next week, and I cannot wait to have my iPad accompany me on that trip!! I have been loading some of my DVD's onto it and grabbing a couple of games. And once I get there, I have all of my digital pictures loaded to show family that I haven't seen in awhile.

I've noticed that since the switch from 35mm film to digital pictures, I would never go through the effort of having my digital pictures printed, not sure why, that's just how I was. Now with the iPad, I'm showing off pictures like I used to when we used 35mm film! The iPad is definately finding its place in my life.
    06-30-2010 01:29 PM
    I just flew to FL and back this past weekend. I guess the iPad is part of travel now. During the preflight and prelanding announcements when they were saying to turn off your devices in addition to cell phones, laptops, nintendo DS, PSP, etc. they mentioned the iPad.
    06-30-2010 02:13 PM
    I just flew to FL and back this past weekend. I guess the iPad is part of travel now. During the preflight and prelanding announcements when they were saying to turn off your devices in addition to cell phones, laptops, nintendo DS, PSP, etc. they mentioned the iPad.
    Now that's cool!!! I can't wait to travel with my iPad. It definately is much easier to carry than a laptop and also the screen is definitely much better to watch movies on vs. my iphone. I'm going to Texas in Sept so I'm looking forward to traveling with my 32gb 3G iPad!!! Woot!!!!
    06-30-2010 07:10 PM
    I traveled with my iPad for the first time this past weekend. I did not bring my MacBook with me, just iPad and iPhone... it was great! Airport security does not make you remove the iPad from your bag which made the whole security checkout thing much easier. The battery life of the iPad is much better than the iPhone, plus, I need my phone to have battery life when I land, so my iPad was much better than using my iPhone.
    06-30-2010 07:50 PM
    Great to know!! Leaving for CA friday from NC and the iPad is ready to go!!! Loaded with games and movies should make for a shorter much more entertaining flight!!
    06-30-2010 08:03 PM
    For iPhone4 has insight
    07-01-2010 02:18 AM
    iPad + iPhone 4 + Bose QC3 noise cancelling headphones + upgraded business class seat compliments of elite status = flight bliss (LOL)
    07-01-2010 02:28 AM
    iPad + iPhone 4 + Bose QC3 noise cancelling headphones + upgraded business class seat compliments of elite status = flight bliss (LOL)
    Dude you are making me drool.
    Can't wait for my Washington flight over the weekend. I wonder how many passengers I would bump into with an iPad during the flight.
    07-28-2010 04:10 AM
    I'm an every week traveler ATL to SFO or LAX and The ipad is the best on the plane. An iPhone and iPod Touch you have to hunch over to see. With an iPad it is totally FAB. The only problem is if you are using the airline Wifi when people finally start getting on the bandwidth gets bogged down. It is always best to have some videos loaded just in case that happens. I wish netflix would allow us to predownload or fill some sort of a 2hr buffer for instant play for that reason alone.

Flights are great for rethinking you life. That is where a nice journaling app would come in handy.

Oh and dare I say it is nice having juice on my iPhone when I land. Before my iPad I used to burn through juice on the flight. Now I have enough juice to make calls once we can turn on our phones.
    Last edited by xultar; 07-29-2010 at 02:28 PM.
    07-29-2010 02:26 PM
    I am going on two flights to texas in august. I just bought some noise canceling headphones because lord only knows I never heard a thing when trying to watch movies and I can't wait to use all my new toys to the fullest!! Fully charged iPad, noise canceling headphones, iPhone 4 in pocket! Oh yeah I can't wait till next week! Woot!
    07-29-2010 05:32 PM
    I watched Avatar on my ipad on my flight to LA!
    08-05-2010 10:57 AM
    I watched Avatar on my ipad on my flight to LA!
    Bet that made it a good flight.
    08-05-2010 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD