iPad to come on 3.2, current Jailbroken 3GS on 3.0.. Will it all still work?

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, Whats going to happen when I try to sync two different devices with different softwares to one iTunes account?

I don't plan on upgrading my iPhone to the current version because of my jailbreak, but is Saturday awaiting me with syncing conflicts??

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Shouldn't be an Issue as iTunes handles multiple devices as separate entities. ie. my iTunes handles an iPod and 2 iPhones now without issue.

Just because the iPad and iPhone use the same OS doesn't mean they use the same image.

It wll see an iPad as an iPad and the iPhone as a iPhone.

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Shouldn't be an Issue as iTunes handles multiple devices as separate entities. ie. my iTunes handles an iPod and 2 iPhones now without issue.

Just because the iPad and iPhone use the same OS doesn't mean they use the same image.

It wll see an iPad as an iPad and the iPhone as a iPhone.

Yes, however, you can restore an ipod touch backup to an iphone and vice versa (although the latter is highly discouraged by Apple) so be very careful when selecting from which backup you restore to.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guy! :D

By the way, I was never a fan of how iTunes recorded your whole restore/backup process. It was very shaky where sometimes there would be no back up date, just the name of your device as the name of the file. When restoring time came, I remember having to guess from which four "iphone" backup files were the correct one I wanted to restore to.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro