The iPad frenzy is on. Major investment firms are predicting big things for the iPad. It may very well end up being Apples biggest success ever.

See the full video here: IPad Bigger Than iPhone?
    03-26-2010 10:17 AM
    I'm not surprised. Apple (Jobs) won't say it because they still sells laptops, but in my opinion, the iPad is meant to be a laptap replacement for many consumers.
    03-26-2010 11:31 AM
    Problem with that is...you need a laptop (or something running a real OS) to sync that iPad to.

Other problems are limited apps, no easy way to print, no easy to input data on an ipad, etc. I would go as far to say typing on an iphone will be faster and more comfortable.

This isn't a sure thing beyond being a great E-reader or Kindle replacement. A kindle/ipod touch.
    03-26-2010 12:01 PM
    Future iterations may be telling, cardfan. With 3rd-party apps and improved/increased capabilities via software (i.e., business apps, printing capability via BT or WiFi, etc.), the iPad may redefine how we think of mobile computing and may also shift our paradigm of what a "real OS" is. I think a real OS is any OS that gets the job done for your needs and wants.
    03-26-2010 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD