You reserve but theres still a huge line

jonavillicana

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
i just reserved my 16GB WIFI for pick up at the thousand oaks mall. My question is what if everyone thats going to buy a ipad reserves one then what's the point of reserving there's still going to be one huge line ...or is there going to be two lines reserve and First come

Last edited:

jeffskent

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
According to the Apple web site, reserved iPads will be sold and picked up from 9 am to 3 pm. After 3 pm all reserved iPads not picked up will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Also, since the iPad doesn't have to be activated in the store, the only delay should be the credit card processing time. I plan to go to the Sherman Oaks Apple Store about 10 or 11 am, thus avoiding the early adapters. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I plan to reserve mine and still wait in line Muhahahaha. How about standing in line playing on the iPad you picked up earlier LOL would that encite a mob?

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
There will be a line for people that reserved it .. and then a second line for anybody that wants to buy or look at anything in the store.

Or at least this was how it was when the 3GS was released... I went in to just buy a case for my iPod Touch and had to wait in the "2nd line" even though I was just buying a case for an iPod touch.

Basically they will probably have two lines and limit the amount of people walking around the store at one time in order to prevent theft, etc..

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That's why I just order online, I'll get it the same morning it goes on sale but it's at my front door. Much more convenient. ;)

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I'm with you jeremy...I loved the fact that I don't have to wait in line anymore like I did with the 2g and 3g iPhones. When they came out with preorder online it was so much better.

jonavillicana

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
well I'm concerting pre ordering online instead of reserving but not tell the 28 ,because I'm scared that apple well change the date of the release like they did to the iPad case better be safe then sorry.But in the mean time I'm sticking to my reserved iPad for pickup.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm with you jeremy...I loved the fact that I don't have to wait in line anymore like I did with the 2g and 3g iPhones. When they came out with preorder online it was so much better.

Funny thing is I will have it by 10:00 am at the latest which is pretty much the same time I'd get it or be leaving the store... just no point unless you like getting up early and waiting in line.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
If I was buying an iPad, I would reserve and pick up at the store because I like experience of waiting line. I think it's fun meeting other people who are excited enough to get up early.

I will be 7 or 8 months pregnant when the next iPhone is released and you bet I'll be in that line nice and early!

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I was in line for the first iPhone and also for the 3GS... the atmosphere is exciting, but time is $$$, as they say. I'll look forward to having my shiny new iPad and accessories arrive at my doorstep. ;)