If you pre-ordered or reserved, which iPad did you go with? (wifi, 3g, what size?) and why did you chose the one you did?

I went with the 16GB Wi-Fi version because I want it now and will be getting a 3G version as well so I'm keeping costs down up-front so I can splurge at the end. Yes, it's a sickness and no I don't want the cure!

(And I'll be driving 4hrs each way to Albany to pick it up!)
    03-13-2010 11:17 AM
    I got the 64 gig WiFi version. It will probably be the only one I get, this generation anyway. My phone already has pretty good internet on it, and if I need it in a pinch I can turn it into a wifi hotspot or tether it (not an iPhone). I did want the extra space though. Can't wait!
    03-13-2010 11:51 AM
    I got the 16 Gig Wifi model because it will likely go to my wife when the 3G models become available. I like Rene wanted to keep my initial costs low. I can't wait! .. Hurry up April 3rd!!
    03-13-2010 11:53 AM
    16Gb Wifi because of cost, but also because I wanted an eReader. I had first gen Kindle, sold it and got the second gen Kindle and sold it too after the iPad announcement. Now I can eread AND surf, though not at the same time
    03-13-2010 12:21 PM
    i actually went all out with the 64GB 3G. In the end i decided on 3G cause i live by MobileMe and my stupid work doesn't allow wifi, and I needed to be able to get stuff on demand.
    03-13-2010 02:45 PM
    32GB WiFi + 3G model. We have weak to poor WiFi signal at work, and I plan to use this on my morning train commute, so the 3G signal will be important.

Can't wait!
    03-13-2010 04:00 PM
    64G 3G.... can't wait!!!
    03-13-2010 09:44 PM
    I still do not understand why we won't be able to pay for tethering from a iPhone for internet
    03-13-2010 10:59 PM
    64gb Wifi + 3G. More space for bigger (HD) files as this will be more of a media device than my iphone as well as more of a family device. 3G because it seems convenient, ATT blankets my area with 3G, jailbroken tether depends on future jailbreaking and running down my iphone battery, and the GPS will be good for location based apps.
    03-14-2010 09:05 AM
    64gb Wifi. Wanted the storage capacity and don't have the need for 3g. There are too many hotspots in the city to warrant the extra cost and the monthly data plan.
    03-14-2010 03:05 PM
    I will be getting the 32GB 3G when they become available in Canada. I was going to order in the states but it was just such a hassle I decided a month more wont kill me, that much. I'm getting 3G because if I do decide to use it I will have it and when the 2nd gen becomes available it will be in more demand than Wifi only I'm thinking.
    03-15-2010 04:30 PM
    I have to admit, I canceled my pre-order for the 64 Gig WiFi iPad...

... because I just couldn't resist opting for the 64 Gig WiFi+3G version instead. Haven't you taken enough of my money, Apple? Why did you insist on parting me from ever increasing amounts of my hard-earned cash monies?
    03-15-2010 04:57 PM
    I still do not understand why we won't be able to pay for tethering from a iPhone for internet
    Of course you do. AT&T has no balls, let alone business judgment.
    03-15-2010 06:29 PM
    I caved in and ordered a 32 gig WiFi only version. No need for 3G. I was on the fence at first but I figured, what the heck, and give it a try.
    03-15-2010 07:58 PM
    I caved in and ordered a 32 gig WiFi only version. No need for 3G. I was on the fence at first but I figured, what the heck, and give it a try.
    Wish I had that kind of money to throw around
    03-15-2010 08:46 PM
    I pre-ordered the 32GB wifi+3G version. It was a difficult decision to go with the 3G, but I think it will be worth it in the end. The GPS chip in the 3G units was a huge factor in my decision. I also thought about all of the places that do not yet have free wi-fi where it would be nice to have the option to immediately add a 3G data plan. Some hotels do not yet have free wi-fi (some still have wired internet), some airports do not offer free wi-fi, bus and train rides, roadtrips (perhaps with the family or friends), and camping. Most likely I will upgrade to the newer hardware when the 2nd generation and so forth is released, but I feel having the 3G version also makes my 1st Gen iPad more sell-able.
    03-16-2010 03:04 PM
    Besides my first question was it ok for me to write that on a napkin saying that I am shy and letting her know I want to hangout? If anyone who answers this male or female and has bartended or worked in a restaurant and you recieve a note from a regular how would you take it?

03-17-2010 07:01 AM
    Besides my first question was it ok for me to write that on a napkin saying that I am shy and letting her know I want to hangout? If anyone who answers this male or female and has bartended or worked in a restaurant and you recieve a note from a regular how would you take it?

03-17-2010 10:42 AM
    64gb WIFI + 3G
    No reason not to go max space and 3G, never want to run out of space

I'll be loading up with movies, TV shows and audio books

Im hoping a 3rd party will come out with a Camera attachment and App that swivels and allows
    switching the camera both front and back, that would be cool.
    03-18-2010 05:52 PM
    I order (2) 32gb Wifi, one for me and one for my wife for her birthday. She's normally gets jewelry from me so this should be interesting.
    03-19-2010 02:48 AM
    I order (2) 32gb Wifi, one for me and one for my wife for her birthday. She's normally gets jewelry from me so this should be interesting.
    Interesting? Interesting? Surely you can find a more appropriate word.
    03-19-2010 09:17 AM
    Wish I had that kind of money to throw around
    Even at these prices, buy Apple. Five years from now, you wail be able to "throw it around."
    03-20-2010 08:08 PM
    Having just ordered the 64GB 3G iPad, I really wish I had it right now as I sit in a sofa chair observing some distance-learning and having no real comfortable way to use my laptop. It's heating up my lap as I type this! I look forward to having an iPad which should be a lot easier to manage.
    03-23-2010 06:07 PM
    Went with the 64GB 3G model. I want to have data wherever I go (or at least wherever AT&T decides to work), and that will assure it. I see the limitations of my girlfriend's iPod touch and I don't like having to hunt for WiFi hotspots to get basic connectivity. Plus with 64GB I can get most of my music and some movies on the device. Finally, having the 3G chip means I'll get better triangulation for maps. Sa-weet.
    03-25-2010 01:12 PM
    Went with the 64GB 3G model. I want to have data wherever I go (or at least wherever AT&T decides to work), and that will assure it. I see the limitations of my girlfriend's iPod touch and I don't like having to hunt for WiFi hotspots to get basic connectivity. Plus with 64GB I can get most of my music and some movies on the device. Finally, having the 3G chip means I'll get better triangulation for maps. Sa-weet.
    If you only want cheap data wherever AT&T has coverage, you have made the right choice. However, if you really want "data wherever (you) go," forget the 3G on the iPad and get a Verizon MiFi. The card is cheaper, can be used with any WiFi device, the coverage is far superior, but it requires a contract at a higher fee.
    Last edited by whmurray; 03-25-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    03-25-2010 04:50 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD