Which iPad did you pre-order/reserve and why?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
If you pre-ordered or reserved, which iPad did you go with? (wifi, 3g, what size?) and why did you chose the one you did?

I went with the 16GB Wi-Fi version because I want it now and will be getting a 3G version as well so I'm keeping costs down up-front so I can splurge at the end. Yes, it's a sickness and no I don't want the cure!

(And I'll be driving 4hrs each way to Albany to pick it up!)

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I got the 64 gig WiFi version. It will probably be the only one I get, this generation anyway. My phone already has pretty good internet on it, and if I need it in a pinch I can turn it into a wifi hotspot or tether it (not an iPhone). I did want the extra space though. Can't wait!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the 16 Gig Wifi model because it will likely go to my wife when the 3G models become available. I like Rene wanted to keep my initial costs low. I can't wait! .. Hurry up April 3rd!!

bilbothejust

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
16Gb Wifi because of cost, but also because I wanted an eReader. I had first gen Kindle, sold it and got the second gen Kindle and sold it too after the iPad announcement. Now I can eread AND surf, though not at the same time :)

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
i actually went all out with the 64GB 3G. In the end i decided on 3G cause i live by MobileMe and my stupid work doesn't allow wifi, and I needed to be able to get stuff on demand.

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
32GB WiFi + 3G model. We have weak to poor WiFi signal at work, and I plan to use this on my morning train commute, so the 3G signal will be important.

Can't wait!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
64gb Wifi + 3G. More space for bigger (HD) files as this will be more of a media device than my iphone as well as more of a family device. 3G because it seems convenient, ATT blankets my area with 3G, jailbroken tether depends on future jailbreaking and running down my iphone battery, and the GPS will be good for location based apps.

1911#IM

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
64gb Wifi. Wanted the storage capacity and don't have the need for 3g. There are too many hotspots in the city to warrant the extra cost and the monthly data plan.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I will be getting the 32GB 3G when they become available in Canada. I was going to order in the states but it was just such a hassle I decided a month more wont kill me, that much. I'm getting 3G because if I do decide to use it I will have it and when the 2nd gen becomes available it will be in more demand than Wifi only I'm thinking.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit, I canceled my pre-order for the 64 Gig WiFi iPad...

... because I just couldn't resist opting for the 64 Gig WiFi+3G version instead. Haven't you taken enough of my money, Apple? Why did you insist on parting me from ever increasing amounts of my hard-earned cash monies?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I caved in and ordered a 32 gig WiFi only version. No need for 3G. I was on the fence at first but I figured, what the heck, and give it a try.

MattWylde

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the 32GB wifi+3G version. It was a difficult decision to go with the 3G, but I think it will be worth it in the end. The GPS chip in the 3G units was a huge factor in my decision. I also thought about all of the places that do not yet have free wi-fi where it would be nice to have the option to immediately add a 3G data plan. Some hotels do not yet have free wi-fi (some still have wired internet), some airports do not offer free wi-fi, bus and train rides, roadtrips (perhaps with the family or friends), and camping. Most likely I will upgrade to the newer hardware when the 2nd generation and so forth is released, but I feel having the 3G version also makes my 1st Gen iPad more sell-able.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Besides my first question was it ok for me to write that on a napkin saying that I am shy and letting her know I want to hangout? If anyone who answers this male or female and has bartended or worked in a restaurant and you recieve a note from a regular how would you take it?

Just tell her she can play with your iPad..

Mazon

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
64gb WIFI + 3G
No reason not to go max space and 3G, never want to run out of space

I'll be loading up with movies, TV shows and audio books

Im hoping a 3rd party will come out with a Camera attachment and App that swivels and allows
switching the camera both front and back, that would be cool.

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I order (2) 32gb Wifi, one for me and one for my wife for her birthday. She's normally gets jewelry from me so this should be interesting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro