Which iPad did you pre-order/reserve and why?

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Having just ordered the 64GB 3G iPad, I really wish I had it right now as I sit in a sofa chair observing some distance-learning and having no real comfortable way to use my laptop. It's heating up my lap as I type this! I look forward to having an iPad which should be a lot easier to manage.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Went with the 64GB 3G model. I want to have data wherever I go (or at least wherever AT&T decides to work), and that will assure it. I see the limitations of my girlfriend's iPod touch and I don't like having to hunt for WiFi hotspots to get basic connectivity. Plus with 64GB I can get most of my music and some movies on the device. Finally, having the 3G chip means I'll get better triangulation for maps. Sa-weet.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Went with the 64GB 3G model. I want to have data wherever I go (or at least wherever AT&T decides to work), and that will assure it. I see the limitations of my girlfriend's iPod touch and I don't like having to hunt for WiFi hotspots to get basic connectivity. Plus with 64GB I can get most of my music and some movies on the device. Finally, having the 3G chip means I'll get better triangulation for maps. Sa-weet.

If you only want cheap data wherever AT&T has coverage, you have made the right choice. However, if you really want "data wherever (you) go," forget the 3G on the iPad and get a Verizon MiFi. The card is cheaper, can be used with any WiFi device, the coverage is far superior, but it requires a contract at a higher fee.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Still, you've got to carry that mifi around and keep it charged..no matter how small it is.

I'm thinking with the Evo on Sprint, and Verizon offering the hotspot app, that its only a matter of time before AT&T allows the same without having to worry about jailbreaking.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Still, you've got to carry that mifi around and keep it charged..no matter how small it is.

I'm thinking with the Evo on Sprint, and Verizon offering the hotspot app, that its only a matter of time before AT&T allows the same without having to worry about jailbreaking.
The MiFi is small. I will velcro it to the back of the iPad as I do to my laptops. I admit that the battery is a problem.

One should not make any decisions based upon when AT&T may or may not do something.

But then, no one listens to me; I have an attitude.

Ol!ver

Oct 2, 2009
www.the-iblog.com
I've not pre-ordered as I'm in the UK, but I shall be there on launch day with whatever cash is required to procure a 16GB WiFi model. It'll rarely leave the house and I have a MiFi for when it does.

astrogeek

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
64gb WiFi. Wanted the most storage because iTouch (32gb) is close to capacity with tunes, videos, pics & apps. 3G isn't worth the extra $29 per month (I wouldn't even consider the 250mb/month plan). I reserved AND pre-ordered for April 3 delivery.

Last edited:

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else who ordered a 3G model already have their card charged? I thought they didn't charge it until it shipped, but mine was charged yesterday, March 27th, and I got the 64 Gig 3G model that's not supposed to ship until late April. Seems odd.

astrogeek

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought they didn't charge it until it shipped, ... Seems odd.

While I'm not getting one of the 3G models, my card was charged on the 25th. No indication from Apple that my order has shipped yet. If I didn't have fraud protection on my card I wouldn't have known yet that I was charged.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I just received my pre-ordered wireless keyboard for my "late April" 64GB 3G iPad. I suppose I can air-type until I have an iPad to pair-up with. ;) Anyone else going to suffer through most of the month of April in anticipation of their 3G iPad?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73