Who Is Going To Buy It?

GTBlogger

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here planning to buy one?

I have an iPhone. My kids have iTouches. We all have decent (20/20) vision, so I can't figure out why anyone would want an iPad over an iPhone/iTouch.

Any ideas?

BDV1973

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I do plan to get one but I want to wait just like I did for the iPhone and see what improvements they make in a year or 2

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
I will probably buy it. Probably a 32GB 3G as unfortunately I can't think of a real use for up to the minute stuff without the 3G as we can't have wifi at work due to OPSEC.

I dont need a camera, and I am hoping OS 4.0 will bring things like ink ability to notes, and hopefully a true notes sync via MobileMe, etc.

Worst thing is I will probably buy it then turn around and replace my aging iPhone 3G with the new hardware 3 months later.

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I travel a lot, especially in the summer. We are both teachers. I take a lot of photos while likes to surf, email, and read books. We were planning on getting a MacBook for a while, but we really don't need that much computing power while we're on the road. We have two very capable desktops at home. So, it would be logical for us to get maybe the 16GB Wi-Fi iPad. Much lower cost than a MacBook, enough space to take some music and movies along with us, and perfect for our needs. I'm even willing to bet that I'll be able to tether it to my jailbroken iPhone for internet use while not near a hotspot. Besides, my birthday is in March. :D

parishyoung

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting one for sure; for these reasons:

1) I have a MacBook Pro, and litterally use it only to browse the web, so it fits my needs nicely
2) 2 New Apple stickers (obviously)
3) The iBookstore / iBooks App will be awesome (when it finally reaches the UK)
4) It's new and shiney
5) Excited about what new Apps will arrive for it
6) My credit card auto purchases Apple products (very odd, but learnt to live with it)

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I'll try one out too. Am undecided on the capacity and 3G/no 3G. I don't anticipate signing up for regular 3G connectivity, but I can see myself signing up for a month when taking it on a vacation- esp. if I can get a local microSIM for Brazil.

I might even do something crazy like buy a 16 GB WiFi version in March for development use and early adopter fun and then get a 64 GB WiFi + 3G in April (or later) for real use and maybe gift the WiFi version to my mother-in-law. She's been wanting an iPod Touch for in-home use, but the iPad would be much easier for her to use.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting one for sure; for these reasons:

1) I have a MacBook Pro, and litterally use it only to browse the web, so it fits my needs nicely
2) 2 New Apple stickers (obviously)
3) The iBookstore / iBooks App will be awesome (when it finally reaches the UK)
4) It's new and shiney
5) Excited about what new Apps will arrive for it
6) My credit card auto purchases Apple products (very odd, but learnt to live with it)

These made me LOL :D

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't plan to buy it. I think if you're going to pay money for it (especially with an internet plan) then just buy a laptop that will give you more gb.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
Yup, I will. And I'll probably upgrade with each new generation just like I do with everything else Apple makes... I'm so their b@&$%! hehehhe

madmak

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I will consider once it is jailbrakeable and can

1. Multitask via backgrounder and Proswitcher
2. Ability to add sideloaded books to iBooks app

rayk62

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I'll be getting one for my wife. I have an MBP and an iMac and thought about getting her a macbook air but realized that cost was a big factor. She took a job that has her traveling every day so I bought a bunch of apps (business related) for her touch about a month before they announced the iPad. We had considered getting her a nook for when she's stuck overnight in a hotel somewhere but backorder ruled that out. The iPad fits the bill nicely for what she wants, only question is to wait for 3g or go wifi only...decisions, decisions.

agtiphone

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Why Would You Want One???

I am a great fan of all of Aplle's products but when I watched the Keynote where Steve Jobs Announced the iPhone I was Really disappointed the only 2 new capabilities are iBooks and iwork which Apple could easily implement onto the iPhone as well. I for one have no Intention of buying one.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
for trips

I wish I could have one for the business trip I'm taking next week. Alas, I'll have to rely on my faithful iPhone instead.

Justino#IM

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I am buying one because it is a large ipod touch. I do about 1-2 hours of media consuming in bed at night on my ipod touch (games, books, video, news, web). A larger screen is all i want.

1911#IM

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
After my grand daughter poured a cup of apple juice on my Mac Book Pro, then finding the repair cost would be around $1200.00, the wi-fi version in 64G will certainly be on my needs list. Wi-fi is generally available around town and with wireless networking at home its a no brainer for me. Besides, the wife will finally be able to steal the 27" I-Mac and kick me to the man cave.

Mazon

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
YES, YES, YES, GOT TO HAVE ONE.....NOW WOULD BE NICE

I'm ordering 3, 64gb for me, The more storage the better for me, I use lots of apps.
32gb for the wife, she just plays games and surfs the web
16gb for Dad, no more late nite service calls to me to fix goofy Windows problems

So lets go, My Credit Card is ready and waiting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner