Anyone here planning to buy one?

I have an iPhone. My kids have iTouches. We all have decent (20/20) vision, so I can't figure out why anyone would want an iPad over an iPhone/iTouch.

Any ideas?
    02-05-2010 12:32 PM
    I do plan to get one but I want to wait just like I did for the iPhone and see what improvements they make in a year or 2
    02-05-2010 01:08 PM
    I will probably buy it. Probably a 32GB 3G as unfortunately I can't think of a real use for up to the minute stuff without the 3G as we can't have wifi at work due to OPSEC.

I dont need a camera, and I am hoping OS 4.0 will bring things like ink ability to notes, and hopefully a true notes sync via MobileMe, etc.

Worst thing is I will probably buy it then turn around and replace my aging iPhone 3G with the new hardware 3 months later.
    02-05-2010 11:25 PM
    It will be god for work, think of it as a mini laptop
    02-06-2010 03:40 AM
    My wife and I travel a lot, especially in the summer. We are both teachers. I take a lot of photos while likes to surf, email, and read books. We were planning on getting a MacBook for a while, but we really don't need that much computing power while we're on the road. We have two very capable desktops at home. So, it would be logical for us to get maybe the 16GB Wi-Fi iPad. Much lower cost than a MacBook, enough space to take some music and movies along with us, and perfect for our needs. I'm even willing to bet that I'll be able to tether it to my jailbroken iPhone for internet use while not near a hotspot. Besides, my birthday is in March.
    02-07-2010 08:24 AM
    I'm getting one for sure; for these reasons:

1) I have a MacBook Pro, and litterally use it only to browse the web, so it fits my needs nicely
    2) 2 New Apple stickers (obviously)
    3) The iBookstore / iBooks App will be awesome (when it finally reaches the UK)
    4) It's new and shiney
    5) Excited about what new Apps will arrive for it
    6) My credit card auto purchases Apple products (very odd, but learnt to live with it)
    02-07-2010 10:20 AM
    I'll buy one and try it out. I have some usability concerns but I'm curious enough.
    02-08-2010 07:26 AM
    I'll try one out too. Am undecided on the capacity and 3G/no 3G. I don't anticipate signing up for regular 3G connectivity, but I can see myself signing up for a month when taking it on a vacation- esp. if I can get a local microSIM for Brazil.

I might even do something crazy like buy a 16 GB WiFi version in March for development use and early adopter fun and then get a 64 GB WiFi + 3G in April (or later) for real use and maybe gift the WiFi version to my mother-in-law. She's been wanting an iPod Touch for in-home use, but the iPad would be much easier for her to use.
    02-08-2010 12:09 PM
    Not me LOL... i think they thing is just too over hyped but well see
    02-08-2010 01:48 PM
    I'm getting one for sure; for these reasons:

1) I have a MacBook Pro, and litterally use it only to browse the web, so it fits my needs nicely
    2) 2 New Apple stickers (obviously)
    3) The iBookstore / iBooks App will be awesome (when it finally reaches the UK)
    4) It's new and shiney
    5) Excited about what new Apps will arrive for it
    6) My credit card auto purchases Apple products (very odd, but learnt to live with it)
    These made me LOL
    02-08-2010 02:22 PM
    I don't plan to buy it. I think if you're going to pay money for it (especially with an internet plan) then just buy a laptop that will give you more gb.
    02-08-2010 09:12 PM
    Not meeeeeee LOL
    02-08-2010 09:51 PM
    Yup, I will. And I'll probably upgrade with each new generation just like I do with everything else Apple makes... I'm so their b@&$%! hehehhe
    02-10-2010 12:57 PM
    I will consider once it is jailbrakeable and can

1. Multitask via backgrounder and Proswitcher
    2. Ability to add sideloaded books to iBooks app
    02-10-2010 01:31 PM
    I'll be getting one for my wife. I have an MBP and an iMac and thought about getting her a macbook air but realized that cost was a big factor. She took a job that has her traveling every day so I bought a bunch of apps (business related) for her touch about a month before they announced the iPad. We had considered getting her a nook for when she's stuck overnight in a hotel somewhere but backorder ruled that out. The iPad fits the bill nicely for what she wants, only question is to wait for 3g or go wifi only...decisions, decisions.
    02-10-2010 01:54 PM
    I am a great fan of all of Aplle's products but when I watched the Keynote where Steve Jobs Announced the iPhone I was Really disappointed the only 2 new capabilities are iBooks and iwork which Apple could easily implement onto the iPhone as well. I for one have no Intention of buying one.
    02-10-2010 02:00 PM
    I wish I could have one for the business trip I'm taking next week. Alas, I'll have to rely on my faithful iPhone instead.
    02-10-2010 02:17 PM
    I am buying one because it is a large ipod touch. I do about 1-2 hours of media consuming in bed at night on my ipod touch (games, books, video, news, web). A larger screen is all i want.
    02-10-2010 03:11 PM
    After my grand daughter poured a cup of apple juice on my Mac Book Pro, then finding the repair cost would be around $1200.00, the wi-fi version in 64G will certainly be on my needs list. Wi-fi is generally available around town and with wireless networking at home its a no brainer for me. Besides, the wife will finally be able to steal the 27" I-Mac and kick me to the man cave.
    02-11-2010 04:10 PM
    YES, YES, YES, GOT TO HAVE ONE.....NOW WOULD BE NICE

I'm ordering 3, 64gb for me, The more storage the better for me, I use lots of apps.
    32gb for the wife, she just plays games and surfs the web
    16gb for Dad, no more late nite service calls to me to fix goofy Windows problems

So lets go, My Credit Card is ready and waiting.
    02-12-2010 05:21 PM
    I don't think I'll ever buy it. It doesn't sound interesting to me in any way.
    02-12-2010 06:29 PM
    My plan is to buy it! But I am gonna get the low end version as I know next year there will be an even better one. My friends are calling me an Apple  sucker! Well, they're right!
    02-13-2010 09:38 AM
    I think it'll be great for the older generation for ease of browsing the web, doing e-mail and other stuff like that. But they're (Apple) are not pitching it at them, are they?
    02-13-2010 06:58 PM
    I am going to pick three up as soon as they're available. All of them are most likely going to be the 16 GB WiFi version.

My iPhone is 16 GB too and my whole iTunes is tailor cut to fit perfectly. So I shouldn't be having any space problems.

The other two will be for my father and mother. My father just because he likes to sit in the living room and browse the internet and use Skype to chat with me (we live a 1.000 km apart).

For my mother it would be perfect too, as she does not have the patience to work with normal computers.

Now with the iPad I know she's going to use it again, since she was already fond of the iPhone and how easy it was to use. She only thought it to be too small a screen, since she has bad eyesight and with the iPhone OS you can zoom in as much as you want to. Fits the bill perfectly, I'd say.
    02-14-2010 08:39 AM
    I'll get one eventually. For me it will be a kindle on steroids, bedtime reader with iPhone features.
    02-15-2010 09:53 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD