I'm getting one, I'm a sucker for new products. I already have a iPhone, so I'll just get getting the 64 GB WiFi version and calling it good.
    02-16-2010 01:37 PM
    I am getting one for my wife. Perfect for her reading obsession, amongst other features it will have.
    02-16-2010 02:21 PM
    I'll buy one sooner or later... Needs to see the outcome/comments of the other users first..
    You know what I started saving once the rumors first started I figured if it materialized I'd have my money ready, and if it didn't I'd get a 3Gs this year. Then when they announced it I was set to go, then I was on the fence becasue I wondered if I should wait for the 2nd gen. Then I figured right now 3G are still holding their value so I'm going to buy the 1st gen as soon as I can and when the 2nd gen comes out I'm sure it will still have a good resale value so I'll just sell and upgrade plus the price point makes it a sure thing anyway.
    02-18-2010 03:40 PM
    I'm undecided. I'm trying to figure out if I really need it.
    02-21-2010 02:32 PM

I think it's an awesome idea/concept, one which is arguably long overdue. I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G and a Dell XPS laptop. Love 'em both, but each has its limitations. I mainly use lappy for surfing Web, e-mail, IM, and viewing/managing photos & video. Use the iPhone as my main telephone, and for quick e-mail mgmt, surfing, and light texting, taking pics/video and gaming.

Part of the surfing is trading stocks/options and blogging on stocks/finance and, as one would expect, the Dell blows away iPhone in this regard. The quicker browsing speed, bigger screen, larger/full keyboard, and ability to view multiple windows on 1 screen is far superior to having to constantly swipe back & forth and resize on the iPhone.
    I also hate composing or replying to e-mails on the iPhone; I love the multitap touchscreen in general, but the typing on a very small glass screen is a bit difficult for me.
    Both are battery hogs, and while relatively lightweight/compact, the Dell is just cumbersome enough to make it a pain in the butt to haul around when I'm mobile. I do occasionally tether, but that's also a hassle and runs the risk of data overages with AT&T. I've considered getting a netbook, but don't want/need another flip-open device when I'm out & about, nor do I want to pay the extra $50-60/mo. in 3G data fees (am already paying for home cable Net service, plus the Iphone data fee).

So, for me, the Ipad seems like it just might be the ideal "bridge" device. I'm not going to rush out & buy one the moment it's available, as I'd like to see any initial bugs worked out and the price to come down.
    But honestly, if it's half of what it's hyped up to be, and I eventually got one and fell in love with it, I'd consider ditching the Iphone and getting a Blackberry (or similar physical-keyboard smartphone) to use as my main phone and for mobile e-mail mgmt, texting, and light surfing. And, if the Ipad will offer MS Office & printing capability, and the ability to connect a CD/DVD drive & physical keyboard, I'd probably abandon the Dell as well !
    02-24-2010 05:02 PM
    The idea of the Ipad is ok but to me it just seems like a bigger Iphone and to be honest, I expected more from the new Apple product. The Ipod and Iphone revolutionized its market but with the Ipad I highly doubt that the Ipad has this potential.
    03-01-2010 06:09 AM
    На самом деле очень интересно потому как сам пользывался данным методом.Мне понравилось
    белково витаминная диета похудела
    03-02-2010 04:09 AM
    I am a teacher, and cant wait to see what they release for education.... the possibilities are exciting.... so YES, as soon as I can scrounge up the dough I will be purchasing one.
    03-02-2010 01:43 PM
    It depends on everyone needs and wants. Nowadays especially the youngsters, they prefer to have the latest devices or gadgets. That's why most people will buy iPad although they have iPod or iPhone.
    03-03-2010 05:56 AM
    I'm really on the fence about getting one, honestly I might for the 2nd gen version of it before making the plunge. I am also waiting on the 4g Iphone which is gonna have 2 cameras for vid conference calls (fingers crossed).
    03-03-2010 12:24 PM
    i have just heard about the apple's 4g iphone. Apple really provide all the best things to the customers and i think it is never ending.
    03-09-2010 01:04 AM
    I can understand that someone want to have the latest piece of technology but if it doesn't offer something new, I just don't see the point.
    03-22-2010 05:39 AM
    At first I was leaning toward the 32GB WiFi only model. But alas, the alure of the 64GB 3G model is too great... like an insatiable black hole, I'm being sucked in and my credit card along with me. I think I'll be sure to install a good budget app on my shiny new iPad
    03-22-2010 01:47 PM
    Hmm, I never thought of the possibilities for teacher in a class. I'm sure that the teachers will put it to good use.
    03-30-2010 11:59 AM
    I wasn't going to buy one because I felt guilty spending the money with a baby on the way, but hubby told me yesterday to just get one I missed the cutoff date to have one reserved in the store, so I'll be getting up bright and early to get in line! I'll be getting the base model solely because it's the cheapest. I never re-sell my iPhones when I get a new one, and I won't be selling my iPad when I get the 2nd generation either.
    03-30-2010 01:32 PM
    Do Apple mobile products hold sentimental value for you, Leanna? Given my penchant for frequent upgrades, it behooves me to strike while the iron is hot and recover as much $$$ as possible by selling the old to further justify the new
    03-30-2010 04:04 PM
    I don't know what it is. I guess maybe it's a little sentimental lol. I guess as someone who got the first iPhone (and will get the first iPad), I think it'll be really neat when 10 years down the road, I have all 10 iPhones that have been released. You never know, they may be worth a lot in the future :P

And I'm spoiled in the fact that I don't need the money to justify the cost of a new one because my birthday lands in June and all 3 iPhones have been birthday gifts from my Dad

I am generous though and let friends borrow previous versions. So all I have in my physical possession right now is the 2G and 3GS - a friend is borrowing my 3G. When I was using the 3G, a friend was borrowing the 2G. I'm just so nice ...and maybe a little too trusting.
    03-30-2010 04:22 PM
    Generosity creates good karma, Leanna.

I can now report that FedEx delivered to me, on this very day, my very first, brand-new, shiny, gorgeous.... wireless keyboard for my pre-ordered iPad It's exciting to have part of my order... now if I only had my 64GB 3G iPad to pair it with... sigh.
    03-30-2010 05:02 PM
    I think the iPad has a ton of potential, it can even end up replacing the netbook.

Several critics have stated in PCworld even that the iPad does about 80% of what they used to do on their netbooks etc.

iPad exclusive Apps iPhone that
    04-03-2010 05:16 PM
    I work on a college campus, and the College of Law has several signs up on bulletin boards in the common areas from a well known law book publisher announcing their products will be available on the iPad within the month.

I think the onslaught of product applications is going to be hitting critical mass soon.

I am already seeing students carrying them around, and once text books hit them, it's a done deal.
    04-12-2010 01:42 PM
    I will pick one up next week soley on the coolness factor.
    04-27-2010 08:37 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD