Do you think Apple held back on the iPad demo?

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
With iPhone 4.0 software coming shortly, do you think Apple held back many of the 4.0 features on the iPad as not to give away iPhone 4.0 secrets earlier then they wanted... We all know the next iPhone software has to answer to many of the competitions new features like multitasking, notifications, and more general user control... These features and more would make a bigger or more controlled response if released with the iPhone not a new product. I think iPad will be getting a 4.0 upgrade sooner then we think..
Any thoughts?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I definately think they held back some stuff. It's funny that the iPad comes out in March and the 4.0 should be coming out in an event also in MARCH ;)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Apple had to be careful. Previewing 4.0 features would put a damper on any big iphone 4.0 event later.

This was all about the iPad.

hanguk9117

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Apple is very careful about the information they release. They most certainly held back information regarding the ipad. There are going to be A LOT of new features with the upcoming OS 4.0 release and I'm certain they didn't want to release any of those features at the ipad keynote.

OS 4.0 is going to be legendary.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
OP makes a point that all of us people who are hopeful for more features are expecting. Really though all I want is multitasking and flash support. If they had those two things I would be a very happy camper. The flash seems unlikely now but I'm banking on limited multitasking as a feature of 4.0

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I think so. It was just a bare product demonstration of what the device can do. We'll hear more before release, more media deals are definitely coming, and some gret extra stuff seems almost certain for OS 4.0.

Exergy

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
They were really just getting the iPad out there, allowing developers to start thinking and working now. 4.0 will come out shortly after the iPad is released; making all the people that trashed the device, regret it. Once this device runs a bunch of iPad specific apps its will be cooking. I still really want multitasking though.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
they never said it did or didn't multitask,
Remember, right before the iPad is released, they will be doing the iPhone preview event, this event will serve 2 purposes:
1) show off the new upcoming iPhone software
2) add functionality to the iPad before it ships... this event was a hyped up preview wait for the full product in March

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
They have been known to do that. It is not beyond them.

Having been involved in product release to market myself, I recall that I often had features that were not sufficiently tested or demonstrated at announce time that I was able to deliver at "first customer ship" time. Large quality-conscious firms have controls over what claims one can make for a new product. Steve Jobs can announce anything he wants but even he cannot announce everything he wants. Product development involves hard choices.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
They also only showed feature for he general public, they didn't go into specific features combined with apps that would make this device perfect for so many workplaces

BBCurve9300

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Forget just the Demo Apple Completely held back on the Device, Apple just wants to rack in money even though the 2nd Gen will have the features that everybody is waiting for

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Forget just the Demo Apple Completely held back on the Device, Apple just wants to rack in money even though the 2nd Gen will have the features that everybody is waiting for
So, I will just have to buy two. I am already on my third iPhone and anxious to buy the fourth. I do not begrudge Apple the money. They share. I own a little AAPL stock at $12 and sold some at $200-.

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
It will be sweet if they held back some info and were waiting until the iPhone event in March. They got the buzz going for the iPad (good and bad). Now they're just letting it simmer until they announce 4.0 and even more features in March. (My wishful thinking)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73