You would think printing would be supported natively with ipad considering iWork was announced.

I will hope for a 30 pin to USB as well as wireless printing capability.

If this is not so it will be a deal breaker for me... Any thoughts?
    01-28-2010 05:01 PM
    I doubt it will support printing, at least not right away, because it was specifically designed as an add-on, and not as a desktop/laptop replacement. Just my 2 cents, I actually have no real idea yet.
    01-28-2010 05:50 PM
    There are apps that do already.
    01-28-2010 07:06 PM
    Newton can talk to printers, fax machines, and even telephones.
    01-28-2010 07:41 PM
    as for apps already out there for iphone printing, from what I have seen it is mostly for emails, I would like to see a way to print directly from every page that you can input text, like notepad, calendar, iwork, ect.

I don't think there a is a reason why this wouldn't be possible, yes it is not a replacement for a laptop, but I don't see a whole lot of sense for iwork unless it does
    01-28-2010 08:49 PM
    I'm guessing they'll continue with the workarounds, having iWork on the device doesn't instantly mean compatibility with printers, though it would be nice I agree.
    01-28-2010 09:45 PM
    Printing will be important to me, particularly Pages docs. I'm guessing that the fate of iPad printing will rest in the hands of capable software developers.
    03-24-2010 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD