iPad+3G with Google Voice anyone?

Will you take an iPad + Google Voice for a cell phone?

• Definitely Worth the 'No Contract'! I want iPad phone!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm fine with my iPhone.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I would be willing to buy an iPad but I'd still keep iPhone!!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I'll stay with my current cell, but i'll still get an iPad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPad, Be Gone! Apple Hater in the House!

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
Wheres Google Voice When you Want it!

Assuming Google voice was available as VoIP, would you buy an iPad just to use it as your cell phone? The possibilities are endless when you think of all the money you'd end up saving with no contract-fees and minute-plans! With that being said, Vote Away!

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm still not sure what you're talking about. Assuming apples were oranges, would you become a vegetarian?

So you want VOIP on a device that's bigger than a phone (but smaller than a breadbox) to use as your phone...when you're in a WiFi covered area. Ok, you can do that with Skype now on any laptop/netbook/cellphone that has WiFi. Google Voice doesn't enter into the picture.

Nobody is going to give up a cellphone for something too big to hold up to their ears. If you want proof of that, look at the number of people (not) using the HTC Advantage.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
the irony is voip means voice over ip. this means that in general voice obviously also runs not over ip.

I see this kind of device as best for video conferencing... no camera makes no sense

Last edited:

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
When i said iPad+3G i literally meant the iPad that has 3G capabilities. And assuming there could be a google voice app, would you use a nifty pair of headphones with a nifty little microphone to use as a communications device when away from home. Its simply a 'What if-' question. Note that no fruit was involved in my statement;):D

This poll was all in good fun and i respect any one person who's got the courage to argue the opposite point or the 'but what about' area.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
People are going to find that VoIP isn't all it's cracked up to be on 3G. While VoIP on a good Broadband connection has much better call quality then a cell phone call, VoIP on a high latency 3G connection is not going to sound very good. Not only that but as you move in and out of 3G coverage you're going to get dropped calls and unregistered phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73