• Yes, I'm getting it!

Votes: 81 39.3%
  • Maybe..

Votes: 35 17.0%

• Total voters

freyaheart

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I want it but I don't think I'll get it. Its a little to expensive and the only way I can see having it is if I sell my macbook and replace it with an iMac. Whats the sense in having a laptop and a iPad, they are both just as portable.

But I still want one

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I want it but I don't think I'll get it. Its a little to expensive and the only way I can see having it is if I sell my macbook and replace it with an iMac. Whats the sense in having a laptop and a iPad, they are both just as portable.

But I still want one
I sympathize. I have four working laptops. I have ordered an iPad anyway. I will just velcro them all together. Perhaps a little Elmer's glue.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I think it's a safe to predict that most of you who voted No will be getting one as soon as you visit your Apple Store and hold a demo unit in your hand and play around with it. The gorgeous IPS screen will help sell tons of them. It's too sexy and too inexpensive (especially for Apple's standard) to resist. :)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think it's a safe to predict that most of you who voted No will be getting one as soon as you visit your Apple Store and hold a demo unit in your hand and play around with it. The gorgeous IPS screen will help sell tons of them. It's too sexy and too inexpensive (especially for Apple's standard) to resist. :)
Apple's price is rarely low, always a great value. The price of the MacBook Air is high but very competitive. Moreover, Apple understands price in a way that its competitors do not. Who else in this market can set a price and expect it to hold until it decides to change it?

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
i think that this ipad release changes everthing now the younger generation is going to get used to tablets and keyboards with slowly fade away.

I already bought my ipad and im going to get the ZooGue Smart Case so i can adjust my ipad to any angle i want.

but yea ipad is good come on now
In my genration, we were taught to write a pretty hand and do arithmetic. Typewriters and calculators were dear and few of us learned to use keyboards. I was on the cusp; I could not write a pretty hand and could barely type or use a calculator. Today young people type and think. They do not have a pretty hand and cannot calculate. In a world of cheap computers, they do not need to. I am sure that their brains do not work the same way that mine does.

There is a great scene in the StarTrek movie about the whales in which Scotty tries to talk into the mouse. The real joke was that when that did not work, he fell back to the keyboard. A twenty-fourth century man will no more be able to use a keyboard than today's kids can use a slide-rule.

In addition to the touch UI, the iPad will have Bing, Google, Dragon, and other applications that both speak and listen. I agree that it "changes everything." This generation will not miss a full keyboard and the next may not know how to use one.

Last edited:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I'm just about to pull the trigger for a 64GB 3G iPad, case and keyboard. I wish I didn't have to wait until "late April", but maybe somehow I'll survive. My iPhone will get me through.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm just about to pull the trigger for a 64GB 3G iPad, case and keyboard. I wish I didn't have to wait until "late April", but maybe somehow I'll survive. My iPhone will get me through.
I ordered on the first day but leave on April 23 for a ten day trip to Europe. :(:(

abrocks22

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I am gonna wait for the next edition to come out...or the third. Apple takes their sweet time to release the "real good version" of their products.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Last night I ordered my 64GB 3G iPad. I also decided on the BT keyboard and Apple case (although I'm still looking around at other cases... just in case... no pun intended). Why "late April", Apple? Why!? :confused:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
As much as I want to give in and get one I think I'm going to wait until the 2G comes out with better features.

I totally understand that line of thinking. I sometimes wish I had that patience and discipline, but then I think... I could say that same thing about EVERY device... the next one is always better with more features ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal