• Yes, But I'm not getting it

27 13.11%
  • Nope!

63 30.58%
  • Yes, I'm getting it!

81 39.32%
  • Maybe..

35 16.99%
    Now that you flipped, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

But then again since you're sending me money to buy one I don't know why I'm still thinking about it.. Order --> click.
    It may take a while to get to you so you might as well order now...
    03-19-2010 01:40 PM
    I think it's a safe to predict that most of you who voted No will be getting one as soon as you visit your Apple Store and hold a demo unit in your hand and play around with it. The gorgeous IPS screen will help sell tons of them. It's too sexy and too inexpensive (especially for Apple's standard) to resist.
    03-19-2010 04:00 PM
    gonna wait for another month here
    03-20-2010 05:07 PM
    It may take a while to get to you so you might as well order now...
    Darn it.. did you send it by horseback mail carrier again?!?
    03-20-2010 07:20 PM
    Today, I want one, but I'm waiting for the 3G version. That may change after I get to use one in the store.
    03-20-2010 10:09 PM
    I think it's a safe to predict that most of you who voted No will be getting one as soon as you visit your Apple Store and hold a demo unit in your hand and play around with it. The gorgeous IPS screen will help sell tons of them. It's too sexy and too inexpensive (especially for Apple's standard) to resist.
    Apple's price is rarely low, always a great value. The price of the MacBook Air is high but very competitive. Moreover, Apple understands price in a way that its competitors do not. Who else in this market can set a price and expect it to hold until it decides to change it?
    Last edited by whmurray; 03-20-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    03-20-2010 10:33 PM
    i think that this ipad release changes everthing now the younger generation is going to get used to tablets and keyboards with slowly fade away.

I already bought my ipad and im going to get the ZooGue Smart Case so i can adjust my ipad to any angle i want.

but yea ipad is good come on now
    In my genration, we were taught to write a pretty hand and do arithmetic. Typewriters and calculators were dear and few of us learned to use keyboards. I was on the cusp; I could not write a pretty hand and could barely type or use a calculator. Today young people type and think. They do not have a pretty hand and cannot calculate. In a world of cheap computers, they do not need to. I am sure that their brains do not work the same way that mine does.

There is a great scene in the StarTrek movie about the whales in which Scotty tries to talk into the mouse. The real joke was that when that did not work, he fell back to the keyboard. A twenty-fourth century man will no more be able to use a keyboard than today's kids can use a slide-rule.

In addition to the touch UI, the iPad will have Bing, Google, Dragon, and other applications that both speak and listen. I agree that it "changes everything." This generation will not miss a full keyboard and the next may not know how to use one.
    Last edited by whmurray; 03-21-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    03-21-2010 03:48 PM
    I'm just about to pull the trigger for a 64GB 3G iPad, case and keyboard. I wish I didn't have to wait until "late April", but maybe somehow I'll survive. My iPhone will get me through.
    03-22-2010 01:49 PM
    I'm just about to pull the trigger for a 64GB 3G iPad, case and keyboard. I wish I didn't have to wait until "late April", but maybe somehow I'll survive. My iPhone will get me through.
    I ordered on the first day but leave on April 23 for a ten day trip to Europe.
    03-22-2010 02:34 PM
    I ordered on the first day but leave on April 23 for a ten day trip to Europe.
    May you be blessed with the luck of the Irish and delivery on April 22!
    03-22-2010 02:56 PM
    I am gonna wait for the next edition to come out...or the third. Apple takes their sweet time to release the "real good version" of their products.
    03-22-2010 03:25 PM
    May you be blessed with the luck of the Irish and delivery on April 22!
    Sure an' it'll be a blessed day. Thank you for your good wishes.
    03-23-2010 11:02 AM
    Last night I ordered my 64GB 3G iPad. I also decided on the BT keyboard and Apple case (although I'm still looking around at other cases... just in case... no pun intended). Why "late April", Apple? Why!?
    03-23-2010 11:34 AM
    As much as I want to give in and get one I think I'm going to wait until the 2G comes out with better features.
    03-25-2010 03:09 PM
    As much as I want to give in and get one I think I'm going to wait until the 2G comes out with better features.
    I totally understand that line of thinking. I sometimes wish I had that patience and discipline, but then I think... I could say that same thing about EVERY device... the next one is always better with more features
    03-25-2010 04:05 PM
    Keep in mind that many better features will be included in software updates and that this one can be sod if a future one has compelling new hardware features.

Always glad to help another toy freak yield to temptation.
    03-25-2010 04:24 PM
    Keep in mind that many better features will be included in software updates and that this one can be sod if a future one has compelling new hardware features.

Always glad to help another toy freak yield to temptation.
    What whmurray is saying in an oh so gentle way is... BUY IT!!!
    03-25-2010 05:18 PM

What whmurray is saying in an oh so gentle way is... BUY IT!!!
    But no one pays attention to me; I have a notorious attitude.
    03-25-2010 05:33 PM
    As soon as the iPad finds its way over to the UK I'll be picking one up. Can't wait!
    03-27-2010 03:41 PM
    Oh Ill get one alright. The only problem, is by the time Ill be able to afford one, the 3rd Generation of iPad will be out!
    06-30-2010 10:32 AM
    Oh Ill get one alright. The only problem, is by the time Ill be able to afford one, the 3rd Generation of iPad will be out!
    Nick, consider buying a couple of shares in Apple instead. I have bought an iPhone, an iPad, and 12 iPod touches (the most popular uncle) and dozens of apps, books, and other software this year and it is only half over.
    Last edited by whmurray; 07-02-2010 at 10:17 AM.
    06-30-2010 10:58 AM
    I want an iPad, I just cant afford it right now. : (
    07-03-2010 02:51 AM
    Although it's not really a substitute for ipad, I must say that I'm really impressed with these e-ink ereaders. They're really easy on the eyes and the batteries last forever.

I used to use kindle on my iPhone. But not anymore.
    11-18-2010 11:04 AM
    My vote for Nope. I waiting for RIM PlayBook. I wanna it.
    11-22-2010 11:55 AM
149 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD