• Yes, I'm getting it!

Votes: 81 39.3%
  • Maybe..

Votes: 35 17.0%

• Total voters

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I was really hoping for more pc functionality. It's great that it runs the existing apps but unless some of the apps (Facebook) make some major changes so that users get access to some of the features not currently available (games), they're still just semi crappy apps on a bigger scale.

I also want to be able to read/edit/compose documents, spreadsheets, etc.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I want it and hell yeah I'm getting one. Luckily I started saving money when the rumors started swirling since I figured if it pans out I'll buy it if not I'll buy a 3Gs. So I've got my cash ready and waiting, it solves all the things I wished were better on my iPhone except the ability to be in multiple apps or atleast to get back to an open app when finished with one. The keyboard is bigger so typing with it should be sweet, browsing the web should be easier than my netbook and about the same size and weight. :D

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I am certainly getting one.

However, unless I can use it as an access point, I will not be getting the AT&T 3G. If I can, then it will save me about $30/mo. Otherwise I will continue to use my Verizon MiFi. May go ahead and get the adapter and decide later when to sign up for service. The ability to sign up on a month by month basis is a good deal.

I love the UI and the new apps. At the price, I will probably buy the iWorks apps.

I am also interested in whether or not it will run Skype or TruPhone.

Note no camera. No SD. No external storage, No replaceable battery.

There is no price on the web site for the KB dock.

Another proprietary power supply.

Air Sharing Pro, DropBox, Ignition, and Air Mouse will really be cool on this device.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I might get one. I t had some very compelling things for me. Keynote with the ability to run a Projector! No need for my Laptop anymore.

I will give it a few months on the Market to see exactly what it will do before I jump in. Plus I want to see what 4.0 brings first.;)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Would I like one sure, do I need it with my Macbook Pro, iPhone, Nexus One, etc... nope. My girlfriend is getting one though.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
iPhone 3GS is FANTASTIC! Have a new-ish HP Pavilion as main PC. But the old-a$$ eMac in my basement is on it's last leg. It's primary function is email, facebook & internet browsing. So in lieu of purchasing a MacBook (which is pricey), or a netbook (which is a boring sudo-capable laptop), I'd say a high-end WiFi only iPad would be worth considering.

That's why I vote as a strong Maybe...leaning more towards no. I have to save $$$ for that new 18-200mm lens. iPad might just have to wait. :(

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
This or the iPhone won't show up on verizon. Apple/AT&T will continue their monopoly. When iPhone 4.0 os and the next gen iPhone are released, don't expect any other carriers.

You can make calls on this. Google voice.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
@thinkTwice The iPad isn't locked though, it's just no other carriers in the US support the worldwide standards except for ATT. Tmobile is a close second, but their frequencies are not compatible for 3G (at least is the case with the iPhone communications chip).

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I voted maybe but the more I read and think about it, I'm probably more of a "No" vote.

I think I'll pass on this 1st generation model and see what the next version offers. Maybe I'll get one when I can do more than one task at a time. Something that truly does fill the gap between PC and iTouch.

Shangraham

May 28, 2009
Visit site
We'll definitely be getting one. I just don't know when. We have a couple big purchases to make first. But iBooks alone makes it worth it to me. iPad has huge potential.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
@thinkTwice The iPad isn't locked though, it's just no other carriers in the US support the worldwide standards except for ATT. Tmobile is a close second, but their frequencies are not compatible for 3G (at least is the case with the iPhone communications chip).

Since broadband cards are branded/proprietary, it is effectively locked. That may actually be harder to fix than "un-locking." I seriously doubt that putting a T-Mobile SIM in the iPad will make it work on T-Mo. In any case, early adopters will have to take a chance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods