Apple tablet?

silver#IM

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
The 10" Apple tablet has been talked about for months and now it seems it might actually come to fruition. The Apple rumor mill purports this device might be released as early as late this year to mid 2010. Ive heard the price tag is around $600.00 U.S. It may or may not have App Store access and basically looks like a steroid infused iPhone/iTouch. If this device is released would you buy one and do you think it will hurt the iPhone market?

HappyBunny

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
If I can do basic things like word processing with it, yes, I would buy it. It doesnt need to have a phone, I dont think anyone is going to hold a tablet up to their head LOL.

I am thinking it would be more like a net book type of computer, than a phone or iPod. So I dont think it will hurt sales. It would be great for business travel or taking notes in class, but I dont see it as something people would take jogging with them or use in other situations where tiny portable gadgets are needed.

Justino#IM

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Maybe

I would buy it if it came with a great kindle app. It would also need an easy and intuitive way to connect a keyboard. e.g. bluetooth, usb, or detachable folding laptopesque type keyboard.

Those are my minimum requirements if I was going to buy it.

I don't think it would hurt Iphone sales. But I think it would obviously hurt macbook sales.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
However it would be funny as hell to have huge cell phone dude frmo the old trigger happy tv update those skits with an iPhone tablet :)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
If I can do basic things like word processing with it, yes, I would buy it. It doesnt need to have a phone, I dont think anyone is going to hold a tablet up to their head LOL.

I am thinking it would be more like a net book type of computer, than a phone or iPod. So I dont think it will hurt sales. It would be great for business travel or taking notes in class, but I dont see it as something people would take jogging with them or use in other situations where tiny portable gadgets are needed.

I do not hold the iPhone to my ear. Will not use VoIP until I get an app that supports Bluetooth.

I will likely buy an iPad in any case but Bluetooth headset support would be a big plus.

I want a scaled up Touch, not a scaled down macbook.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is apparently what they are shooting for, a scaled down Macbook. Something functional as a laptop, but easy to use, like the iPhone. There have been a few finds in the new Snow Leopard OS that point to tablet functionality, like an onscreen keyboard, obviously for touch devices.

Also, if you look at the mock-up screen shots, they make it appear to be a cross between a iPhone and a scaled down MacBook monitor that is detached from the base.

There is also rumor that it may be released to Verizon as their iPhone replacement, which would mean a subsidized wireless internet card included in the device. Presumably not for phone calls, but for data only.

I have also read that it could be in the $800 dollar range without being subsidized.

But, as always, just speculation and rumor until something solid comes down the line.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is apparently what they are shooting for, a scaled down Macbook. Something functional as a laptop, but easy to use, like the iPhone. There have been a few finds in the new Snow Leopard OS that point to tablet functionality, like an onscreen keyboard, obviously for touch devices.

Also, if you look at the mock-up screen shots, they make it appear to be a cross between a iPhone and a scaled down MacBook monitor that is detached from the base.

There is also rumor that it may be released to Verizon as their iPhone replacement, which would mean a subsidized wireless internet card included in the device. Presumably not for phone calls, but for data only.

I have also read that it could be in the $800 dollar range without being subsidized.

But, as always, just speculation and rumor until something solid comes down the line.

A compromise would be the worst solution of all. I would like to think that Apple is smarter than that.

The presence of an on-screen key-board in Snow Leopard does not mean anything. That could be for the next iPhone. Even Vista has an on-screen key-board.

$800 seems high but I can live with it.

What I cannot live with is a scaled down MacBook.

anon(22388)

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I will definitely buy the tablet as long as it can be used as an e-book. I have been putting off getting a Kindle so I could get this instead. The rest of the features (apps, internet browsing) are just icing on the cake.

Being able to read a book in color and then do some light web surfing is what is driving me to wait for this.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I do not hold an iPhone to my head and I do make phone calls on my PC.

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
It's nothing more *yet* (but it's 1st generation hardware and developers only got the SDK yesterday - nevermind the media company deals still to be made), and it's nothing less, but isn't the iPod Touch pretty darn good already?

abcd928

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
The Optimist

Four best friends met at the hospital since their wives were giving births to their babies. The nurse comes up to the first man and says, "Congratulations, you got twins." The man said "How strange, I'm the manager of Minnesota Twins." After awhile the nurse comes up to the second man and says, "Congratulations, you got triplets." Man was like "Hmmm, strange I worked as a director for the "3 musketeers." Finally, the nurse comes up to the third man and says "Congratulations, you got twins x2." Man is happy and says, "Ironic, I work for the hotel "4 Seasons." All three of them are happy until they see their last buddy jumping all over the place, cursing God and banging his head on the wall. They asked him what's wrong and he answered, "What's wrong? I work for 7up"! nike shox tl3 ,nike shox womens ,nike air force 1 ,nike air force ,nike dunks ,

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2