For some reason, my iPad crashed and when it restarted, took me to the 'Hello' factory reset page.

It doesn't seem to be factory reset as it is asking for my passcode to get into the iPad & then jumps strait into asking for my wifi password.

Why has it done this? Any help really appreciated.

I'm unable to reply to comments for some reason so I'll ask here. Is it possible for the iPad to have reset after getting a virus or something?
    Last edited by AFHelp01; 02-12-2018 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Unable to reply to comments
    02-11-2018 11:40 PM
    It's hard to say for sure. My best guess is that some of the data in memory somehow became corrupted -- the hope being that it is a one time thing and will work fine from now on. If it happens again soon, I'd suggest doing an actual factory reset and restoring the iPad. Of course, it is possible that it is a hardware issue and, if it keeps happening then I'd suggest getting the tablet checked at an Apple store.
    02-12-2018 12:35 AM
    It's hard to say for sure. My best guess is that some of the data in memory somehow became corrupted -- the hope being that it is a one time thing and will work fine from now on. If it happens again soon, I'd suggest doing an actual factory reset and restoring the iPad. Of course, it is possible that it is a hardware issue and, if it keeps happening then I'd suggest getting the tablet checked at an Apple store.
    Could I'd have been caused by a bug or virus?
    mogelijk likes this.
    02-12-2018 02:19 AM
    Could I'd have been caused by a bug or virus?
    A software bug? Possibly. A virus? Not likely on an iOS device.

Let us know if it happens again.
    02-12-2018 06:15 AM
    A software bug? Possibly. A virus? Not likely on an iOS device.

Let us know if it happens again.
    As Rob said, it is unlikely. It was more likely some type of software crash. Thankfully they do seem to be rather rare on iOS, though iOS 11 seems to have more software crashes than most versions.
    02-12-2018 08:16 AM
    It sounds like your iPad rebooted after an update, which is why you saw the Hello screen and request for WiFi password. Not all updates will reset network settings, but some do.
    mogelijk likes this.
    02-13-2018 06:05 PM