iPad mini self-factory reset

AFHelp01

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
For some reason, my iPad crashed and when it restarted, took me to the 'Hello' factory reset page.

It doesn't seem to be factory reset as it is asking for my passcode to get into the iPad & then jumps strait into asking for my wifi password.

Why has it done this? Any help really appreciated.

I'm unable to reply to comments for some reason so I'll ask here. Is it possible for the iPad to have reset after getting a virus or something?

Last edited:

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to say for sure. My best guess is that some of the data in memory somehow became corrupted -- the hope being that it is a one time thing and will work fine from now on. If it happens again soon, I'd suggest doing an actual factory reset and restoring the iPad. Of course, it is possible that it is a hardware issue and, if it keeps happening then I'd suggest getting the tablet checked at an Apple store.

AFHelp01

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
It's hard to say for sure. My best guess is that some of the data in memory somehow became corrupted -- the hope being that it is a one time thing and will work fine from now on. If it happens again soon, I'd suggest doing an actual factory reset and restoring the iPad. Of course, it is possible that it is a hardware issue and, if it keeps happening then I'd suggest getting the tablet checked at an Apple store.

Could I'd have been caused by a bug or virus?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
A software bug? Possibly. A virus? Not likely on an iOS device.

Let us know if it happens again.

As Rob said, it is unlikely. It was more likely some type of software crash. Thankfully they do seem to be rather rare on iOS, though iOS 11 seems to have more software crashes than most versions.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like your iPad rebooted after an update, which is why you saw the Hello screen and request for WiFi password. Not all updates will reset network settings, but some do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal