Tried ipad mini lcd digitizer glass replacement and probably succeeded BUT

When I put the LCD in, there is no image, just the backlight. I know it's the lcds fault, since the previous lcd still shows part of image.

I tested the LCD before and it worked just fine, but i unplugged it (with battery connected) and next time it didn't work.

Anyone has any idea, what's going on/what's broken?
    03-22-2015 05:32 PM
    Hi there and welcome to iMore.

I've never attempted to replace anything in any of my Apple Devices for a few reasons, I don't feel comfortable doing so and there are no user serviceable parts inside. That being said, there are a number of folks, like your good self, who do feel comfortable doing this sort of work.

Does the digitiser have a pin connector? If so, have you checked to make sure none of the pins have been inadvertently bent? Your old digitiser still functions, albeit in a broken state but he new one doesn't function at all?

My only real suggestion would be to approach the people you bought the new digitiser from and ask for a replacement as the one you have is faulty.

We hear so many horror stories of things going wrong that I personally just would not attempt anything like this. I understand and appreciate the cost factors involved and why folks do it, I am just risk averse to this sort of thing.
    03-23-2015 02:01 PM
    I'm seeing nearly the same thing as described above. Replaced a cracked LCD, and the backlight works but screen is extremely dark with only backlight viewable on the edges. I thought maybe I had purchased a bad LCD, but the next one I tried has same issue. One forum I read suggested a firmware update through Itunes, but thats not possible unless I can unlock the Ipad, and I can't read the screen to do that. I'm stuck.
    01-12-2016 12:45 AM